One Step at at a Time - September 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at at a Time - September 2016

Happy September people. Decided I would start this month. Not tech savvy like Nora so no picture.

TMH, sorry about the golf today. Can't imagine it would be much fun to golf when it's that wet.

SK don't know if you've left yet but have you tried witch hazel on Peggy? It's very soothing.

Youkaybee, nice you popped in. Please feel free to join our supportive little group here. Yes one step at a time.

My washing machine came today, so I will do laundry. We gave the laundry room a little facelift and it's bright and fresh. Off to run some errands and then a manicure. Let's make this a great September!

Thanks for the kick off Liz,yes,let's have a great September full of positive thinking,have a wonderful Thursday friends, YouKayBee,post when you feel up to it,I had an eating disorder long before I had the drinking disorder,it was absolutely awful and very similar to the drink situation, the lying, covering up, hiding,sneaking etc,feel free to talk here I understand, later peeps
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by YouKayBee View Post
      I probably won't have time to check this thread constantly. I'm suffered with binge eating issues, which are very similar to how I was with alcohol, same behaviours, same results.

I'm currently trying to take each day one day at a time, sometimes one hour, and one step at at time.
      Hi, YouKayBee
      This book was written by a woman who struggled with binge eating. It applies to all addictions/habits but might be especially meaningful because several sections focus on what you're experiencing:
      The Little Book of Big Change: The No-Willpower Approach to Breaking Any Habit - Amy Johnson, PhD Psychologist. Life Coach.
      All the best, NS

Comment

Happy September. Thanks Liz for starting us off. :welldone:

I am off to work so will catch you all later. nthego:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy September Loves!!
          This month WILL be better for all of us!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey, sitting here watching the Giants and the Patriots play preseason game. I have missed watching, but sadly that means summer is ending. Warm rainy day here today but got a lot of annoying little loose ends squared away. I did get my manicure. Tonight I used up the zucchini Erin brought home. Grated it, added some seasoning an egg and some cheese. It was amazing and low calorie. Believe it or not eating all these veggies this week, I lost a few pounds. Yeah, I'm gonna run with that. CJ just walked in and were gonna make smoothies. Have a good night guys.

Comment

Hey Liz - that sounds really good. How did you cook it? I forget - when is the day that he is proposing?

YouKayBee - please feel free to post here at any time. I have a very good friend that suffers from binge eating. Big hugs to you. :hug:
              I do realize that I have a very addictive personality. And I have to be on watch that I don't develop a new addiction. So, I understand what you mean.

NS - I LOVE when you stop by.

Mama - I love you friend.

Pauly - how are you feeling?

Well - I'm not done gabbing yet but I'm going to help mom freshen up. So, I hope to be back in a few. If not, I have my neurologist appointment in the morning, then I go to work and from what I gather it will be a short day.

:heartbeat:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey Nora, how's your mom doing? Hope all goes well with the neurologist. Will you let us know? The proposal will be happening Sunday evening. So I hear this hurricane is heading our way after it's done with Florida and that should be here on Sunday. Hoping weather won't be an issue. It would figure wouldn't it? Thanks for asking. I put the zucchini mixture on a baking sheet and baked at 425 for about 40 minutes. I cut it into squares and served it that way. Who new zucchini could taste that good?

Mama, TMH Aihfl and anyone I may have missed in Florida, hope you're doing ok tonight. Let us know how you make out. Stay safe.
                Last edited by Lizann; September 1, 2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Thank you Liz, there was some excitement here earlier this evening with a tornado on the ground west and northwest of Orlando. I was in the warning area, but it hardly even rained here. But the air outside is so humid I feel like I could grab it and wring it out. I guess with the storm's track shifting to the west to go over Tallahassee instead of Jacksonville that has spared most of us the worst weather. The eye should be making landfall tonight south southwest of Tallahassee in a couple of hours so they're in for a brutal night.

Petunia (my dachshund) and I went on a little outing to Petsmart to get some food this evening. I have a busy fun weekend coming up so I didn't want to run out of dog food in the middle of it. I put on her little pink rain slicker which she despises and she somehow managed to pull a Houdini and wriggle out of it.

See you all tomorrow.
                  First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Stay safe all
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy September Steppers. Love you all!!!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Early start for me today. I'm already at work. My boss/manager is back after a 3 month absence. She had a stroke. We were like a ship without a sail. No more slacking off at the job, though.
                        Aihfl, I can just picture petunia with the pink slicker on. Can you past a picture? Too freaking cute I'm sure!
                        Mama, you ok down there. Check in and let us know how it goes by you.
                        Off to start my busy day. Happy Friday :happy2:

Comment

We are lucky. Overcast and intermittent showers here. Saw people interviewed who were in storm's path but refusing to evacuate. They said that if they made a 911 call they would not be putting responders in harm's way, they would be on their own.

Have to say more than a shower now,more like a torrential downpour. Feel sorry for people who lose power. Let's hope no deaths or serious injuries happen. Sounds like a good day to clean and make cookies :smile:
                          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Liz, here's Petunia in her rain slicker

IMG_2961.JPG
                            First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Hey all, awww,Petunia is a doll!!! I used to have a red dauchsund too her name was Cookie,most loyal dog ever and I miss her you Florida peeps be careful it looks rough, maybe you're all out of its path? I've never been to FL before so I guess I don't know much about the area,still sneezing and wheezing here,nothing new, hope everyone has a nice AF Friday, back later
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X