October Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soliciting advice from Army

Army, I have had a terrible, depressed and weepy day for no apparent reason. Don't like feeling like this. Bummer, bummer and does it ever go away, how much time... Army Soldiers promise it does get better with time but maybe because I've been on this YoYo for years that it seems never to get better.

Stand fast, Army.
    Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
    I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadside View Post
      Army, I have had a terrible, depressed and weepy day for no apparent reason. Don't like feeling like this. Bummer, bummer and does it ever go away, how much time... Army Soldiers promise it does get better with time but maybe because I've been on this YoYo for years that it seems never to get better.

Stand fast, Army.
      Just having a midnight lurk over here and saw you there.

Ahh Roadie, love have one of these to start with :hug:

It does get better, I promise you.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Roadside View Post

Stand fast, Army.
        It goes away Roadie. Promise :hug:

Comment

:sad::sad::sad:Morning guys ... Truly awful night sleep. Gotta get up for work now too. In and out of sleep, nightmares, itching....
          One hour, one day at a time.

Comment

Morning Questy. I think that can be expected to start. Like all of the crap it will pass.

Comment

qwick jump in hiya peeps hope you are all well...stirly many congrats on 12 moon booze free...certainly sounds like a landslide turn in attitude..and yes starty youll get there.

Jacs..since when did they get all posh in y i land .."we shared fries"really??you mean ye had a bag /poke o chips?:happy2:

questy ...well done day 2 done n dusted....

roadie...it does get better..wee piece of advice for what its worth ..you wanna cry ...cry..then move on ..do something dont get wrapped up in pity or a downer ..do something ..anything..clean coal with a toothbrush!!anything to stop your brain dwelling on zilch...
              Stand to and hold fast....

molls Iam n gang ...you hoo have a great day
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning,

Questeroo, sleep at the beginning is crap. The hour you get sober is worth about 8 hours passed out drunk.
                For the itching this might help.........Itching skin part of alcohol withdrawal? - Addiction, Recovery Forum - eHealthForum

Mickleodeon, they were sort of fat French fries. I wuss being polite

Roadie, keep in mind yesterday but try not to dwell.......but if the temptation to drink pops up remember just how crap these early days are.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

'Constant relapsing is soul destroying'. Wow. That really rang home. I put it in my signature block to remind myself of this. Ok, hanging on for another 24, that is what I must do. I slept much better than I did the night before, that helps.

Good day today to the Army. Still one more hour before dawn on east coast of US but probably past mid day across the pond and night for the Aussies. Wherever you are, good day🎈
                  Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
                  I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Thanks guys, and for the info on the itching. I'm in work and fighting the urges to drink tonight just so I can get some sleep. I'm reminding myself that yes I may sleep, but I'll wake up tomorrow feeling like shit, which will take half a day to get over,driving into work under the influence with a dodgy tum to boot. Is it worth it ? No, its not. I'm struggling though, I'll be honest. I'm still feeling low, but I'm going the gym straight from work and should only get home about 7.45 pm. Shower, tea and bed. That's the plan. Wish me luck xx
                    One hour, one day at a time.

Comment

Just missed morning. Afternoon..
                      New day roady and Quest. That means that you don't have to go through the crap from yesterday ever again. Quest, good plan for today, go easy in the gym, but what ever works. You are now closer to feeling normal - normal is great:spin: (maybe not quite that energetic).

Nothing to report here. Kids still hanging after their night away. Husband had to strip down to his underpants and threaten going out to the bus in his birthday suit if they didn't get ready for school. I'm starting to appreciate my new working hours now.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Arvo all

Questy, Roadie I feel your pain, but you will get through this. Roadie, on day 16 and you have improved so much. Questy, such early days but already the benefits of not having the worry or the guilt are there.

That is too funny Mary bet you were ray: that he wouldnt

Comment

Afternoon - had a long post & lost the shaggin' thing .............. :rant:

Comment

Anyway the gist of it was to take Magnesium Questy - preferably with L-tryptophan (for relaxed mood)
                            Take lots - not just what is on the pack - that is the min - and useless.

Worked like a dream for me - who was the world's worst sleeper.
                            Don't use sleep as an excuse to drink again - I did that all the time - and the sleep from alcohol is never proper sleep.
                            You will sleep eventually - I promise.
                            Last edited by satz123; October 10, 2016, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                              Husband had to strip down to his underpants and threaten going out to the bus in his birthday suit if they didn't get ready for school.
                              :egad: Mers - tell him I'd pay money to see that !!!!!

Comment

Hiya Satzy. Hows you?

Comment

Working...
                                X