Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starty View Post
    Evening all.

I wish they would check in. No matter what the situation just check in and say hi! Also Tony doesnt seem to be posting anymore. I see he is racking up the days but would be nice to see him

Come on guys we worry about ya!
    Indeed we do.

Tony's posting on the Roll Call.

A wave, a joke, what's for tea, dinner, not asking for anything epic.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya Army.

Just a quick visit from me - I'll be off to bed in a bit but wanted to say Hi!

Mr. V - thanks for your congrats. I know what you mean about drinking even when you didn't want to. Sometimes it actually felt like doing a chore I didn't want to but had to. Mainly cause I was afraid of the withdrawals. At least that's what I told myself. Jeez, AL can mess your brain up so badly, you don't know who you are or what you're doing. So glad that is all over. Freedom, that's what it is!!

Hope Roady and Questy are okay and that they check in at some point.

Don't remember if I know Tony. But if he's sober, I guess that's the main thing.

Mrs. A around at all? I know Sunny posted a few times a while back. What about Foxy? Anyone know how she is?

Edited to add that I even drank while taking antibiotics - just spaced the pills far enough apart that I could fit my drinking in between doses. I honestly wonder how my liver didn't just give up at some point. Crikey.
      Last edited by stirly-girly; October 11, 2016, 01:49 PM.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hello, Stirls, he's a nice guy Tony.

I always, always looked at a packet of tablets and if it said just ..........not recommended with alcohol..........that meant in my befuddled head that I could take them but they wouldn't work as fast or efficiently.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Hello, Stirls, he's a nice guy Tony.

I always, always looked at a packet of tablets and if it said just ..........not recommended with alcohol..........that meant in my befuddled head that I could take them but they wouldn't work as fast or efficiently.
          Yeah, and if they said don't operate heavy equipment, I figured I was okay since I wasn't going to drive. Oh and drinking when having a cold with a bad cough was never a good idea either. It's a wonder I didn't choke to death. Seriously tho' I read that when you drink to black-out, you pass out because your body can't keep you both alive and awake with that much AL in your system. And I did that every night. And I would get into my pj's and then eat a sandwich right before I laid down in bed but the next day could never remember doing either of those things. Shit. I wonder that I'm still alive to talk about it....

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
            Yeah, and if they said don't operate heavy equipment, I figured I was okay since I wasn't going to drive. Oh and drinking when having a cold with a bad cough was never a good idea either. It's a wonder I didn't choke to death. Seriously tho' I read that when you drink to black-out, you pass out because your body can't keep you both alive and awake with that much AL in your system. And I did that every night. And I would get into my pj's and then eat a sandwich right before I laid down in bed but the next day could never remember doing either of those things. Shit. I wonder that I'm still alive to talk about it....
            That made me laugh out loud................I used to think I haven't got a tractor/digger............keep on slurping.

I'd heard that about black out too.

You know the oddest thing in all the years I was drinking and many times to blackout............I always put my engagement ring in the same place after wearing it.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh I had my nightly routine so down pat that I could still do it perfectly even just before the point of passing out. Makes me shudder to think about it.

Am off to bed. Thank goodness sleep is no longer an issue. Satz was right about the magnesium. And I think you told me about it too, Jackie. I take two fizzy tabs of Lanes Magnesium with Vit. B6 about half an hour before bedtime and then eat a banana about twenty minutes later. Most nights sleep very well indeed as long as the mosquitoes bite Mr. Stirly and not me.

Sweet dreams Army!!

Comment

Night Stirls,

Yep the magnesium works a treat and its brilliant for leg cramps too
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yo Molls,
                  Even prescription sleepers?
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                    Afternoon folks.
                    Questy I know you probably drank last night - but check in anyway.
                    Staying away solves nothing.
                    I was still drinking when I started posting here, as were many.
                    Started & stopped as you are doing , as did many.
                    But gradually with perseverance you will start asking yourself what is it you really want.
                    Okay, you got me !! The guilt and shame is the reason why I didn't check in. I mean ffs how long is it gonna take me to get this ??? I went the gym, worked hard, came home, had a shower, and half a bottle of vodka....so I didn't eat. Then ate loads before I went to bed. Slept through my alarm, was late for work, felt like shit till about 1pm, felt even more guilt and shame and had a really unproductive day. Usual.
                    One hour, one day at a time.

Comment

Its the 3rd day thing.
                      Day one feel utter crap, remorse, vowing never, ever, ever to drink again.
                      Day 2, bit better, think this is doable, make a few plans.
                      Day 3, Loads better, I'll just have a couple.

We've all been there, Questy. Like Satz said pick up a fruit cake on the way home or a Maccy D, chocolate, crisps, Monster Munches..........anything to fill your stomach. Get a good few weeks under your belt then we'll talk healthy food.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:egad::egad::sad::sad:Thanks JC and Molls.....I knew yesterday it was gonna go wrong....I should have eaten. I do hate it, but feel hopeless. 10years of day ones. Pitiful, just pitiful

Comment

Now then, Questeroo, big girl pants on and get away from the self pity...........its time to fight back. Hour by hour tomorrow. Alcohol messes with every emotion we have.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            Now then, Questeroo, big girl pants on and get away from the self pity...........its time to fight back. Hour by hour tomorrow. Alcohol messes with every emotion we have.
                            I will be checking in regularly. I'm putting my big girls knickers on and I'm going to try, with the help of the army if you don't mind, to stop this destructive relationship I have with AL xx

Comment

Absolutely no probs, Questy.

Better get off. See yous tomorrow.
                              Last edited by JackieClaire; October 11, 2016, 03:52 PM.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

late check in.
                                Glad to see you back Questo, stay close and hang off every word said here. They got me through, you will too.

Night folks.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X