No announcement yet.

October Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to the wireless - talk about some new alcohol bill.
    Some 'expert' said we have 150k - 200k people with an alcohol dependency. That doesn't sound like very much? with a population of 4.5 million?
    Last edited by IamMary; October 23, 2016, 07:28 AM.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
      Listening to the wireless - talk about some new alcohol bill.
      Some 'expert' said we have 150k - 200k people with an alcohol dependency. That doesn't sound like very much? with a population of 4.5 million?
      Jesus Mers - I think that's huge - if you rule out the kids ?
      'course that's just the ones who admit it

Comment

Checking in, was out all day at my nephews party, scrolling back ...NOW! Shall be back presently
        “Somewhere beyond right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there.”

― Rumi

Comment

Hi Tabbers! If I am back you are back so I shall hunt ya down if ya go Awol!! ( I knows where you live....kinda)

Hi Mick, Pie! Great to see you!, Starty, Satz, JC, Miss Mary, Molly (Mia told me she met you!), STIRLY!! It';s been years, so delighted to see you and how well you are doing!! Kids are 17, 12 and 9 now!

Sober Sunday here with a green juice (yes you read that right Tabbers, I is relatively healthy these days)

I bet I have loads to catch up on, God it's like I was never gone, great to see the old faces!

― Rumi

Comment

Evening :checkin:

Comment

Sh is bloody hard work I tells ya, she said " I met a lovely GIRL in the library who know me AND you and she told me to say hello" Thanks so much for saying hi to her, she was chuffed especially as she was there with her class

I am sorry to hear about your back, have suffered with mine over the last couple of years and it can really drag you down. Sending you healing vibes over the rooftops

― Rumi

Comment

Evening,
                Had the S&H and the GF here for lunch. Then they went to watch rugby.

But apart from the amazing appearance of the pair of them since they bought their own house had another thing that took my breath away................in an OMG squealy teenage way.

You might remember back in April when I was 60, the friend I've know since infants was at my wee party................there used to be a third to us. Last saw her about 35 years or so ago. Well you know those pop-up things on FB with..............with people you may know.........her brother popped and there she was on his list of friends. Thought I'd drop her a note and just received a reply after about 3 weeks...............I'm surprised you didn't hear my jaw hit the ground. She's down in Cornwall but coming back to the NE prolly early next year.:welldone:
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

x post Satz, how the hell are ya?

― Rumi

Comment

Ya gotta love FB Jackie!

― Rumi

Comment

Most of the time, mind you Thursday I would cheerfully have throttled Jenny. Found out she was in bed with a chest infection............wasn't in the best of moods to start with but I thought she's managed to type on FB and let the whole of the world know........ she could have sent her dear auld mammy a text. Not that I was going to run down to York with Vick's vaporub and lemon and barley water.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My mother goes gick la la mental when i don't tell her something whereas if Adam did that I would bate him goodlookin!

Nighters Molls, enjoy the downtime x

― Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          Jesus Mers - I think that's huge - if you rule out the kids ?
                          'course that's just the ones who admit it
                          AH I was assuming it was more of an estimate, 1 in 10 or something, rather that people who have actually put their hand up. And yes, kids are a large chunk.
                          JC - thats something to look forward too, fb does have its plus's!

Oney, I remember your kids are similar age to mine, and the Questy one, where art thou Missus???

Off to the leaba, looking forward to details of this new winter coat from the loved up bun eating dog running Starty.

Night night.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Marnin all.

I fear that the meds section has finally lorst the plot.

My coat has been bought, it is not a stylish one tho, it is one to keep me warm and dry whilst dogging.

Yes, Questy and Roadside where are ya?????

Comment

Hello again and thanks for your all comments. Posting and trying to connect again is not easy right now so bear with me please.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning yous two.

You're right there, Starty. Wondered where to squeeze my post in among all the bumped threads.

Tabbers, love. Make it a habit to post at least twice a day............but not in the middle of the night. Get addicted to posting. Not sure whether it might be easier to blurt it all out or just take your time. You're a grown man, a good man, a friend (remember that bit) so in your own time.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X