• Show
Clear All

October Army 2016

Pinch and punch for a sober month.

or

YouTube .............love this .
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Morning JC. Gorgeous bunnies and I raise my cup of green tea for a wonderful sober month for all.

This is the first weekend where I have woken up feeling OK. More than OK actually, and I am seeing why those first 30 days are so important.

Gratitude abounds here

I do hope Tony checks in soon

Comment

Morning Starty,
      30 days, love. :sohappy: I'll get the cake out of the oven in a minute

Not bad myself today. I'm sure its something to do with the change of seasons. Beautiful Autumnal day here. The trees are changing colour, its a bit nippy but the sky pure blue.

Have you tried ginger tea? Our Jenny swears by it. Its helping her with her labrynthitis and her anxiety.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Jacks, Starts and all,

Hope you're ok there Tony. Wishing youse a rippa of a day and month ahead. Nice old clip.

30 days for Starteroo!! Yeehaw! Congratulations Starty. :yay: Glad you're feeling good today too. X

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Burning question of the day ..............when did fairy cakes become cup cakes?

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

1934?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
              Morning Jacks, Starts and all,

Hope you're ok there Tony. Wishing youse a rippa of a day and month ahead. Nice old clip.

30 days for Starteroo!! Yeehaw! Congratulations Starty. :yay: Glad you're feeling good today too. X
              \Thank you Mr G My day is actually tomorrow but I am spending the whole weekend cherishing and celebrating it

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning Starty,
                30 days, love. :sohappy: I'll get the cake out of the oven in a minute

Not bad myself today. I'm sure its something to do with the change of seasons. Beautiful Autumnal day here. The trees are changing colour, its a bit nippy but the sky pure blue.

Have you tried ginger tea? Our Jenny swears by it. Its helping her with her labrynthitis and her anxiety.
                Tomorrow is the big day but I will take the fairy cup cakes any day. Thank you!! I am enjoying the freshness too it is like a new start

Comment

I love ginger tea. I love ginger anything. Had a raft of ginger biscuits yesterday and they were very good too

Comment

Talking on yesterdays thread about the go sober for October thing. A friend of mine posted on facebook that she was doing it and her words were "time to be boring but feel amazing" Its hard when everyone perceives sobriety as boring...

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                      Talking on yesterdays thread about the go sober for October thing. A friend of mine posted on facebook that she was doing it and her words were "time to be boring but feel amazing" Its hard when everyone perceives sobriety as boring...
                      Danny Trejo the actor, who's been clean and sober for decades, said something like....'if someone feels or complains they are bored in sobriety, then they are BORING! so get out there and find something interesting to do'. I have to agree. And drinkers aren't fkn boring? Jumpin jehosophats!

Comment

And we're anything but boring. Pisses me off royally that...........although I'll admit shame faced I when I was drinking I one of those thinkers.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I can honestly say drinking is the MOST boring pastime ever. I reckon to the outside my weekends appear dull because I enjoy catching up with my programmes, husband, and chores and chilling.

Comment

I can honestly say drinking is the MOST boring pastime ever. I reckon to the outside my weekends appear dull because I enjoy catching up with my programmes, husband, and chores and chilling.
                            Watching people drinking is an eye opener.

When my brother got married in June.............the lunch was fabulous.........people were just taking it easy, no body over doing it, the craic was good, the atmosphere was full of laughter...............cut to the evening BBQ and it was like they just couldn't pour enough down their neck.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Watching people drinking is an eye opener.

When my brother got married in June.............the lunch was fabulous.........people were just taking it easy, no body over doing it, the craic was good, the atmosphere was full of laughter...............cut to the evening BBQ and it was like they just couldn't pour enough down their neck.
                              Right now I would avoid that situation like the plague. Even after a few years I dont think I would be too keen. At least I wasnt before....

Comment

Working...
                              X