October Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily my brother only gets married every 25 years

I must get dressed and get meself off to Lidl. See you in abit.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Was over on old thread with my pearls of wisdom ...................
      Couldn't let them fade into the ether :haha:

Originally posted by satz123
      Tony - all I can say is listen to those who have tried & tested every aspect of this drinking lark - they are all here in the Army and most MWO threads.
      None of us gave up our perceived crutch / friend without a fight
      But that breakup was needed we know that and you know that.

Read back your happy posts over the past few weeks then , lesson learned, get back in that saddle - :horse:
      Originally posted by satz123
      Yes. With a year on OYNB - you learn to live without it.
      A lot of lads around here are doing it because of sport etc and want to be top of their game.
      I suspect it is also to avoid peer pressure as Mers says.

Comment

Hi All

Starty - enjoy your sober weekend celebration! You sound good!

Finally a sober October !

Think a bit of the few months sober depression is lifting. I feel much better.
        Now, hopefully I can cut down on the slabs of chocolate...

Happy Sober October Guys

Comment

Originally posted by Justme Again View Post
          Hi All

Starty - enjoy your sober weekend celebration! You sound good!

Finally a sober October !

Think a bit of the few months sober depression is lifting. I feel much better.
          Now, hopefully I can cut down on the slabs of chocolate...

Happy Sober October Guys
          Hi JMA! Yes, I am thinking life can be good again. I hope the same is for you too! Did you have depression badly? Its an awful thing to suffer and even harder when you are battling addiction too.

The chocolate is not such a bad trade off though :congratulatory:

Comment

Hi Starty

The depro weeks wasn't too bad. Just a dip after the first amazing weeks sober. But I did have a couple of bad life situations that contributed.

Think / know I was depressed for the two decades I was heavily drinking. The dips without al is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Justme Again View Post
              Hi Starty

The depro weeks wasn't too bad. Just a dip after the first amazing weeks sober. But I did have a couple of bad life situations that contributed.

Think / know I was depressed for the two decades I was heavily drinking. The dips without al is much better.
              Same here. Thought I had depression but it was really just addiction. Came off my ADs in May. Really hope I dont need them again.

Comment

Happy October Army
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening,
                  Hello there , Justme, don't be a stranger.

Wise words, Satzuma. Now show your face, Tony.

See you've been out rounding up a wandering trooper, Starty.

And big :hug: to you, Pauly.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

October, duh... Thanks starts.. I wasn't feeling the love in September

Well don't Starty on the big Three0! Sounds like the mojo is back!!
                    How is mrS doing?
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Whoops.. Just reading back now, big day TOMORROW Starty!

And the fairy cakes, to me, only the big muffin type buns are cup cakes, the delicate small ones on this side of the pond are fairy cakes!

Comment

Just a quickie, just got tickets for the Commitments next February. Left that a bit late, not many seats left.

YouTube

Off to catch up on Poldark
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          Just a quickie, just got tickets for the Commitments next February. Left that a bit late, not many seats left.
                          YouTube
                          Best movie...maybe not for the reason they give out Oscars, but for pure pleasure.

Morning kuya.. Your friend probably doesn't drink every day, just like a fish on certain days. I wonder when a person drinks like that, Is it harder to recognise that there is a problem?
                          I drank every day, like maybe most here. A 20 year habit..thought I should stop calling it that
                          I have a couple of family members who drink really heavy maybe just once a week and it's national news when they are on the January dry, how wonderful they are. Gets up my nose.
                          Last edited by IamMary; October 2, 2016, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Hi guys, just read an article in the telegraph showing fold how to do 30 days. Even says its fine to take a day off now and again during the month and stuff like "its not forever" THAT gets up my nose too. Sigh, Still I guess not everyone is an alkie although I bet there is many more that will admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by kuya
                              Oh jeez I was stilllogging in to the September thread and thinking..'damn its quiet here today!' LOLOL

Hi army...happy October .... in NZ we have Dry July. My heavy drinking friend stopped for the month last year and thought that proved she didn't have a problem! She drinks like a fish!
                              So KY are you still friends ? How does that work. Have you drifted apart since you became sober ?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                                Hi guys, just read an article in the telegraph showing fold how to do 30 days. Even says its fine to take a day off now and again during the month and stuff like "its not forever" THAT gets up my nose too. Sigh, Still I guess not everyone is an alkie although I bet there is many more that will admit it.
                                :haha: they need to be coaxed. Sad really. Why do it at all unless you know it is a problem ?

Comment

Working...
                                X