No announcement yet.

October Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all and great to see you Molls and Questy!

You are right Molls, it does have negative connotations which is a shame because in many ways we are very lucky. Means we are pretty self contained and able to function well with minimal input from others.

Hows everyone doing?

Comment

Great to see you Molly!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
        that's what I always felt too Starty - however in rehab they had a different take on that -- they felt it was important that we learnt to reach out and ask for help and build a support network --they were very aware of how 'self-sufficient' I considered myself and in fairness - they made a good point -- I hadn't done that great a job on my own that far... not sure that I fully grasped why they were anti 'going it alone' so much tho -- so much so even that the psychiatrist I spoke with a few times asked me did I read a lot in my early teens -- and when I said yes that I read voraciously then - he just nodded sagely and said 'yes - that figures' --- mmm deffo a part of my treatment plan that I didn't fully grasp..#

Thanks Pauly -- you know it's so long since I've been here I'd forgotten how to multi-quote!! How are you doing yourself? I really must read around the boards - just took time out
        Good point. I think I have a small support network which really helps. e.g here, some people like chill who I still see, Lynda and a couple of other friends who know my story. I wonder if that is enough.....for now I think so. Cannot deal with coping with many others at the mo I was more sociable in my early teens. However I tended to stick with one or two peeps mainly.

Who is your support network now you have left rehab?

Comment

Welcome back Molly!

Evening all..
          I never thought myself as a loner (except drinking, mostly liked to do that alone). However, I do like my own company and need to push my self to make an effort. Then I mostly always enjoy the company - but small groups.
          Mr Satz's night out is my idea of hell too. Chocolate and vanilla.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by questeroo View Post
            Evening army xx hope we are all well xx
            How are you Questo?

Comment

Hi Mary, hows yer head? Did you get a toe job?

What sort of crisis do you mean Molls? I bet all sorts of folk would rally in a crisis. They tend to come from everywhere then

Comment

Great to see you too Molly.
                I was parked up beside Mollys work Starty droping the kids off, (OVERNIGHT I might add), so I took a chance and and stuck my head in. Flying visit anyway Molly, but rude of me turning up! But yes I could have chatted for ages. Had to laugh at your attendant suggesting I pop open a bottle of wine for my 'me time'.. Sure thats the norm isnt it?

Keep meaning to ask you Starty, how is Oney?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                  Hi Mary, hows yer head? Did you get a toe job?
                  9 hours sleep and I am a new woman today. Ready for my real Toe massage now

Comment

Ha ha are ya even gonna take yer socks off

I think she is OK, dont chat too much these days really. She is pretty busy with her business and stuff.

Ohh kids away overnight! Is that a first?

Comment

No, did it last year too, but I would have been very prepared and focused on being alone then, I was still newly sober..
                      No MrM either, ALL alone. me in me socks.

Comment

Sounds absolute BLISS! Right time for my bobos now. Sleep tight all

Comment

Night night :moon:

Comment

Just how many superlatives can I find for Sunny Afternoon and I found them.

tremendous, remarkable, great, terrific, enormous, huge, striking, impressive, outstanding, phenomenal, monumental, overwhelming
                            "a memory of fantastic accuracy"
                            marvellous, wonderful, sensational, magnificent, outstanding, superb, superlative, excellent, very good, first-rate, first-class, dazzling, out of this world, breathtaking;
                            informalgreat, terrific, tremendous, smashing, fabulous, fab, mega, super, stellar, ace, magic, A1, cracking, cool, wicked, awesome, amazeballs, way-out, def, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious;
                            informalbrilliant, brill, bosting;
                            informalbonzer;
                            informalspiffing, topping, tip-top, top-notch, capital
                            "a fantastic new car"

YouTube
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Am I dreaming or did I see Mollymoo, there. :welldone:
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Geez it has been hours since last activity and I am just beginning to crawl into bed. It is a wonder any of us can keep posts straight. It's like posts from a day shift and posts from a night shift, but if ya are night shift, you still need to be aware of the day shift folks.

Could you imagine if internet was not 24 hrs a day? Silly thought, but it might not have been so silly a thought 50 yrs ago.

'night, day shift!
                                Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
                                I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Working...
                                X