No announcement yet.

October Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya Stirly, MANY CONGRATULATIONS!! One year is superb, a huge milestone and I cannot wait to get there. Lovely to see you doing so well :hug:

Comment

Evening,
      A special cake day for our Stirly, huge congratulations.

I'll have a proper read back now.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks for that Stirly xx lots of great points for me to think about xxx
        One hour, one day at a time.

Comment

:yay::welldone:

Stirly....Congratulations on your year sober :goodjob::sohappy:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
            Hiya Stirly, MANY CONGRATULATIONS!! One year is superb, a huge milestone and I cannot wait to get there. Lovely to see you doing so well :hug:
            Thanks, sweet girl. I am a changed person, especially over the past few months. I took on the family business, something I would have never even considered a year ago. A supplier of ours who has become friends with our younger son but only just met me a couple of months ago, told my son how confident I seem and how well I know my work and our products. He had come by the store a couple of times and heard me talking to customers both on the phone and in person and made his comments to my son while later. It was when I heard that, that I realized just how much AL had "debilitated" me - buried my confidence and took away my passion for my work. I have all of that back and then some. I feel like I could take on the world!!
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
              Thanks, sweet girl. I am a changed person, especially over the past few months. I took on the family business, something I would have never even considered a year ago. A supplier of ours who has become friends with our younger son but only just met me a couple of months ago, told my son how confident I seem and how well I know my work and our products. He had come by the store a couple of times and heard me talking to customers both on the phone and in person and made his comments to my son while later. It was when I heard that, that I realized just how much AL had "debilitated" me - buried my confidence and took away my passion for my work. I have all of that back and then some. I feel like I could take on the world!!
              Isnt it wonderful when it all falls into place? I want that again very badly and I will get it Proud of you :hug:

Comment

And even in the very stressful situations that have come up over the past year, when my AL voice has popped up and said " boy I would love a drink right now", it was never really and urge or a craving, it was just a thought. And I immediately answered it by saying that no, I would not like a drink because I don't want to go back to the hell that was my life when I was drinking.
                Stirly - great post. This part is exactly what happens when I have a thought. It quickly goes back to the shakes in the morning, the hiding, the always feeling awful until that first drink. I don't want to go back to that hell.
                And, you're right about posting your day somewhere. I posted in Roll Call everyday.

Congratulations on One Year! Fantastic!!!!
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  Evening,
                  A special cake day for our Stirly, huge congratulations.

I'll have a proper read back now.
                  There you are, JackieClaire. I was wondering when you would show up with cake. And of course it would be an "orchid" one. Thank you, dear friend. Hope all is well in your world.
                  Originally posted by questeroo View Post
                  Thanks for that Stirly xx lots of great points for me to think about xxx
                  Originally posted by questeroo View Post
                  :yay::welldone:

Stirly....Congratulations on your year sober :goodjob::sohappy:
                  Thanks, Questy. I can't stress enough what a change it has made in my life to leave AL behind. Even the worst days are better than the good days when I was drinking. Problems will always arise but we can face them so much better with a clear mind. I just wish I had done it years ago. But better late than never, as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                    Isnt it wonderful when it all falls into place? I want that again very badly and I will get it Proud of you :hug:
                    Thanks again, Starty. You will get it again because you want it and also, you know how to get it. And I know that this time you will hang on to it for dear life. They talk about guarding your sobriety and that's exactly what we have to do. Not let anyone or anything come between us and it. Sobriety just has to be the number one priority until it simply becomes a way of life. And then we still have to know that even if, at some unexpected time, out of the blue, a wee AL voice tries to get through to us, that we are so much stronger than that voice.
                    Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                    Stirly - great post. This part is exactly what happens when I have a thought. It quickly goes back to the shakes in the morning, the hiding, the always feeling awful until that first drink. I don't want to go back to that hell.
                    And, you're right about posting your day somewhere. I posted in Roll Call everyday.

Congratulations on One Year! Fantastic!!!!
                    Thank you, dear Nora. And congrats to you on your continuing sobriety. I know you did it with quiet determination and through very stressful situations in your life but you never gave up. Stuck to your motto - one step at a time. Good job!!

Comment

Very well, had a major busy weekend and shattered.

A wee example Questeroo,

This aftie me and Mr JC have been to a charity football match........nothing major in that but it was held at the local rugby club. Now back in the day I'd have been half tanked before we got there and then when we arrived would drink overpriced lager in plastic glasses. I would spend most of the match queuing for the ladies, white knuckling 'til someone had got back from the bar then mentally calculating to see if I had enough at home to see me through until tomorrow.

Today shared a plate of chips/fries with my sister-in-law, laughed ourselves silly, shouted at the referee and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        Very well, had a major busy weekend and shattered.

A wee example Questeroo,

This aftie me and Mr JC have been to a charity football match........nothing major in that but it was held at the local rugby club. Now back in the day I'd have been half tanked before we got there and then when we arrived would drink overpriced lager in plastic glasses. I would spend most of the match queuing for the ladies, white knuckling 'til someone had got back from the bar then mentally calculating to see if I had enough at home to see me through until tomorrow.

Today shared a plate of chips/fries with my sister-in-law, laughed ourselves silly, shouted at the referee and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
                        Yup, that's it - the relief of being able to just be a "normal" person without having AL mess everything up and us make fools of ourselves.
                        Originally posted by mollyka
                        Delighted Jacks -- and yes - now it is the simple pleasures that give us joy -- it was so shagging complicated back then wasn't it!!??

Now must away to bed -- also tired despite doing shag all today -- promised myself a day to myself and duly had it -- also another little example - back in the day I could never allow myself a day off because I would (rightly or wrongly - who knows?) have thought that everyone was pointing fingers at me -- fat lazy cow.... now - nah -- don't give a rats arse -- if I feel I need a day to myself -- then I shall have it...
                        night all - well done again Stirly
                        Thanks again Molly. Hope you get a good night's rest.

Am off myself, troopers. I'm usually in bed well before now but today was a special day and made even more special by your kind wishes. Sweet dreams to all when the Sleep Fairy visits your corner of the world. Hopefully catch up with youz again tomorrow.

Questy, you can do it. Take care...

Comment

Think you needed it, Molly.

Sleep is very healing, my auld Granny used to say that so it must be true.

Yep its the simple things, like Stirly saying the difference in her phone manner.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

OMG just realised its Thanksgiving Day in Canada tomorrow, now there's a day to celebrate your first year and many more

Cross post before, Stirls. Sweet dreams, love and well done again............into infinity and beyond now
                            Last edited by JackieClaire; October 9, 2016, 03:30 PM.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sunday night in bed sober. Day 2 done xx

Comment

Good Night all.

Questeroo, check out Mrs D's blog if you havnt already. I used to skip forward to see how Id feel in a month, 6 months etc - I used to fantasize about hibernating too!
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X