X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ffs I see the meds forum is still at it :hahaha:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
      Evening all. Hi questy, why was your day so shit if you dont mind me asking. Sometimes its good to let it out

What a lovely post LC. Mrs A and Sunnybirdy are you referring to?

Any more shennanigans at the centre Jax?

Molls how is your cold?
      Well, I was supposed to be on a course which started at 9 am and the venue is 20mins top from my house. I left at 8.15am, got there at 9.30am due to an issue on the motorway. The course was OK, then lunch came. I'm on a diet and lunch was sandwiches and chips. No salad, nothing. At 2pm, my hubs was trying to get hold of me as the youngests primary school was trying to get in touch....they rang my father in law who has angina and other problems....long story short, hubs went to school after getting in touch with me ... All over a football.....I left the course at 3.10 picked my older 2 up from school and the rest is .........
      One hour, one day at a time.

Comment

Ach I know its early days but like I said before, this time does feel different somehow. No pink cloud like last time, no real excitement or depression, just a quiet knowledge that all is well
        Hiya Army. Just stopped by for a quick peek and saw this. That's exactly what it felt like for me, Startypants. Just a calmness, really, like a relief that it was all over and that I knew I was going to stay sober because it was finally the right time. Not even an acceptance really, that I could not drink again, just a knowledge that I wouldn't because I didn't want to, that I no longer felt the need to. And a wee bit of excitement and a lot of proud that I was racking up those AF days. I was pretty chuffed, too and it was the first time that I had ever counted days and it just felt so good to keep getting to the smaller milestones til I finally got to the big one. Sounds like that's what's happening for you this time. Good job on 40 days.!!

Now Questy, it takes guts to come here and check in and admit that you're drinking. At some point you'll learn to use that gutsiness to say no to AL for good. Just keep trying. At some point, everything will fall into place. It really will.

Hallo to the rest of the Army and good night as well. Maybe get a chance to check in tomorrow. Work is hectic. Fall is here and we're deluged with questions about and orders for non-slip entrance mats and non-slip tapes that are put on stairs so people don't slip when they're wet. I landed a nice sale today - 1300 metres of our tapes will be installed in the Athens Towers office buildings. Quite chuffed about it. They're a bit of a landmark in the centre of the city - so it was a big deal to land the sale. Quite pleased with myself and off to dream of euro going clink, clink into our piggy bank. inkele:

Sweet dreams, Troopers!!

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hello and sweet dreams to you, Stirly

Now them Questy, first things first..............drop the diet.

Good old H.A.L.T.

Hungry

Angry

Lonely (that could mean a room full of people but I could still be lonely)

Tired
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by questeroo View Post
            Well, I was supposed to be on a course which started at 9 am and the venue is 20mins top from my house. I left at 8.15am, got there at 9.30am due to an issue on the motorway. The course was OK, then lunch came. I'm on a diet and lunch was sandwiches and chips. No salad, nothing. At 2pm, my hubs was trying to get hold of me as the youngests primary school was trying to get in touch....they rang my father in law who has angina and other problems....long story short, hubs went to school after getting in touch with me ... All over a football.....I left the course at 3.10 picked my older 2 up from school and the rest is .........
            Those day to day stresses that mount up are a bit shite arent they? By the time you get to the end of the day you feel pretty fried and that the only answer is to tip a load more shite into your body. I know I have done it so many times and it does feel endless. Big hug girl just try and move past it and I bet you can find a few good moments that happened in the day if you really look

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
              Hiya Army. Just stopped by for a quick peek and saw this. That's exactly what it felt like for me, Startypants. Just a calmness, really, like a relief that it was all over and that I knew I was going to stay sober because it was finally the right time. Not even an acceptance really, that I could not drink again, just a knowledge that I wouldn't because I didn't want to, that I no longer felt the need to. And a wee bit of excitement and a lot of proud that I was racking up those AF days. I was pretty chuffed, too and it was the first time that I had ever counted days and it just felt so good to keep getting to the smaller milestones til I finally got to the big one. Sounds like that's what's happening for you this time. Good job on 40 days.!!

Now Questy, it takes guts to come here and check in and admit that you're drinking. At some point you'll learn to use that gutsiness to say no to AL for good. Just keep trying. At some point, everything will fall into place. It really will.

Hallo to the rest of the Army and good night as well. Maybe get a chance to check in tomorrow. Work is hectic. Fall is here and we're deluged with questions about and orders for non-slip entrance mats and non-slip tapes that are put on stairs so people don't slip when they're wet. I landed a nice sale today - 1300 metres of our tapes will be installed in the Athens Towers office buildings. Quite chuffed about it. They're a bit of a landmark in the centre of the city - so it was a big deal to land the sale. Quite pleased with myself and off to dream of euro going clink, clink into our piggy bank. inkele:

Sweet dreams, Troopers!!

Thanks Stirly, I kind of expected shooting stars and lights and sparklers but I am enjoying the soft calm. It feels dare I say it normal

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Hello and sweet dreams to you, Stirly

Now them Questy, first things first..............drop the diet.

Good old H.A.L.T.

Hungry

Angry

Lonely (that could mean a room full of people but I could still be lonely)

Tired
                As JC says forget the diet. One thing at a time.
                One will help the other anyway !!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  As JC says forget the diet. One thing at a time.
                  One will help the other anyway !!!
                  Think of all the calories in the booze.

I'm off for the night. Got a terrible sore throat.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening..
                    Great to see so much chat today, new gang and old gang - not that theres anyone here matching the latter description, only young ones hang out here
                    Starty, Im just delighted for you. 40 days and 40 night is a nice chunk under your belt. I like Mollys reference:
                    Originally posted by mollyka
                    someone (probably a counsellor) said to me that every minute added onto the last minute and the minute before is a good thing -- it all adds up to longer and longer sobriety
                    Roadside, you are right there on Startys heels, hope tomorrow is even better.

Time moves a bit slowly at the start Quest cos all you think about is Not drinking, top of my plan list was Netflix (distraction) and treats (curbs cravings) and bed early (another day clocked). You can still eat well all day, as Jacks says your just eating the booze calories for the first hump.
                    Your mad day could be mine, any day. But you know the drill, without the pounding head, the anxiety and all the rest, you could solve world peace. What I didnt understand, although I had read it here a million times, is that it gets better and better.. I prob didnt realise quite how battered my confidence was.

Get well JC.

Night all. X

PS: I was a good student cos I had deadly teachers Satz.:tickled_pink:
                    Last edited by IamMary; October 12, 2016, 05:28 PM.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Yes, on the heels of greatness. . . all the time.

I woke up very well this morning, had a swell first half of day. Then my sis visits from four states away and it wasn't the homecoming I had envisioned. It was cold and distant. Fake. Now, I am sad. I am actually very sad, trying not to cry at work.

Send positive thoughts my way to help me through the next 24 please.
                      Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
                      I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Morning all. Mary that is a great recipe and one I also used. Distraction, treats of the food variety and bed. My salvation for the first few days.

Roady I feel your pain. It is awful being snubbed and really hurts. Do you know why she treated you that way? Lots of positive thoughts coming your way :hug:

Not a great nights sleep for me last night. Worrying about all sorts. Will just hope that the day gets better

Comment

Diet?! Jumpin jesuits! Holy pizza poppin presbyterians! Not so fast. Chocolate cake and a few mince pies here tonight (but i'll run it orf tomorrow). Have a beaut day Questy, Roady and y'all.

YouTube
                          Last edited by Guitarista; October 13, 2016, 02:00 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Roadie....think positive....dont let all the crap mix you up ...deal with one issue at a time...the biggie is the booze,then after that things can sort out ...in the cold light of soberness ok .I made that word up ... but then you can think and make choices clearly ..without the influence of drink...in the meantime...

it may seem dark ,it may seem shit,
                            feeling trapped now in a bottomless pit,
                            but the lifeline you have is support I think,
                            fromyour worldwide friends who also dont drink

when things feel bad when things get rough,
                            then with the booze its time to be tough..
                            beer, wine and spirits the answer is no,
                            youve quit my life ..time for you to go

You can do this roadie just stay strong ..
                            the hours will go by the days move along,
                            check in here every day,
                            this whole threads rootin for you
                            In every way......
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning. Found this in the newbies nest. Its very good so brought it over here.

Originally posted by j-vo View Post
                              I thought about drink periodically today. I also thought about cholocate milk which I haven't had since I was 10, but that's a different story. The thought, "I wish I could drink" came to mind. But for me, it would go something like this...

I wish I could drink so I can feel anxious.
                              I wish I could drink so I can feel bloated.
                              I wish I could drink so I could continue to hurt my liver, the liver that I feel an ache in.
                              I wish I could drink so I could say stupid stuff.
                              I wish I could drink so I could embarrass myself.
                              I wish I could drink so I would be vulnerable.
                              I wish I could drink so I can feel like crap day in and day out.
                              I wish I could drink so I can look in the mirror at my puffy face.
                              I wish I could drink so I miss out on everyday life.
                              I wish I could drink so I take more sick days than I have and lose money.
                              I wish I could drink so I can feel numb.
                              I wish I could drink so I can make my family worry.
                              I wish I could drink because I like to be overweight.
                              I wish I could drink because more people will talk behind my back.
                              I wish I could drink because I hate a great relationship with my husband.
                              I wish I could drink so I can miss out on just about everything life has to offer.
                              I wish I could drink so I end up in the hospital with liver failure just as three people I know did.
                              I wish I could drink so I can die.
                              I wish I could drink so I miss out on my son's life.

Sounds fucking ridiculous but so true if I say I wish I could drink. All of these things will continue, and I know there's more. There would be more, because it'll only get worse.

I pray I get through this one day at a time. I pray I get better.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all. Mary that is a great recipe and one I also used. Distraction, treats of the food variety and bed. My salvation for the first few days.

Roady I feel your pain. It is awful being snubbed and really hurts. Do you know why she treated you that way? Lots of positive thoughts coming your way :hug:

Not a great nights sleep for me last night. Worrying about all sorts. Will just hope that the day gets better
                                Starts, my sis and I have some unsolved problems everyone pretends aren't there. my communication skills are crap and we are simply not making that resolution connection. Thank you and Mick and Mollyka for the positive thoughts.

Starry, just think of all the accomplishments you will have today and make it a point to smile because YOU ARE DOING THIS! The day will get better.

Alarm goes off in 45, got time to close my eyes for a quick sleep. Good day, Army.
                                Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
                                I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Working...
                                X