AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

All cured

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        All cured
        That always makes me smile :happy2:

Have you had your essay marked, Satz?

Had me hair done this morning and getting my nails done tomorrow.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I am here
          Sooooooo busy today and stress got the better of me. Felt like hiding under a rock until it went away

Comment

I know you didn't drink but have you had a good auld cry, cuddled the doggers and had enough sleep?
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              I know you didn't drink but have you had a good auld cry, cuddled the doggers and had enough sleep?
              Not enough sleep. Was up at 3.30 stressing which I KNOW is stupid and couldnt go back to sleep. Cuddled the doggers though.
              Today was the first day I have had a craving (not for booze but for pills) in 8 weeks. I drove, talked myself out of it and bought a packet of biscuits and do you know what? After I had eaten the whole firkin pack the craving had gone. Couldnt believe it

Comment

Funnily enough lack of sleep makes me anxious which used to leave me with cravings.............nowadays I've got a packet of glucose tablets in my handbag now..........these little beggars Dextro Tablets Blackcurrant 47G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Funnily enough lack of sleep makes me anxious which used to leave me with cravings.............nowadays I've got a packet of glucose tablets in my handbag now..........these little beggars Dextro Tablets Blackcurrant 47G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries
                  Good move. I didnt believe that eating something sugary would banish them at all. I wasnt even hungry but once I got going with a nice cup of coffee I did feel better. It is something I must remember and practise it when necessary.

Did your hair turn out how you wanted it?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                    Good move. I didnt believe that eating something sugary would banish them at all. I wasnt even hungry but once I got going with a nice cup of coffee I did feel better. It is something I must remember and practise it when necessary.

Did your hair turn out how you wanted it?
                    It was my MIL who told me and she was head nurse of the entire Geordie land at one time.

Well if you mean waste length and auburn..............no....................but she did manage a beautiful cut and I didn't look like Doris Day on her first date with Rock Hudson...............which is usually what happens.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Starty, :huggies: I know that big overwhelming feeling so well.
                      Work is a bit like that too at the moment, or getting closer to where you are. So today, I decided that I can only eat this elephant one bite at a time.. so stuck up a post-it on my wall for every single thing I had to do (despite having all of these things in my diary, calendar, emails ). I now have a yellow wall. But I feel more organized.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

It was my MIL who told me and she was head nurse of the entire Geordie land at one time.

Well if you mean waste length and auburn..............no....................but she did manage a beautiful cut and I didn't look like Doris Day on her first date with Rock Hudson...............which is usually what happens.
                        Ha ha. I ALWAYS end up looking exactly the same every time I go to the hairdressers no matter what I ask for

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                          Starty, :huggies: I know that big overwhelming feeling so well.
                          Work is a bit like that too at the moment, or getting closer to where you are. So today, I decided that I can only eat this elephant one bite at a time.. so stuck up a post-it on my wall for every single thing I had to do (despite having all of these things in my diary, calendar, emails ). I now have a yellow wall. But I feel more organized.
                          Its awful isnt it? I need to write down my thoughts as I have them even if it is in the middle of the night. I have conversations with myself about what I shall say/do then when in the office and all the stress is everywhere I forget. Plus the whole co seems to be at the end of their tether just now. I have had one woman sobbing, she does this regularly and I think she may well have a breakdown at some point. I have been trying to tell her to consider reducing her hours as I really dont think she can cope.

Are you enjoying working full time at all?

Comment

Jacks - do you still get cravings?
                            I still have moments, but they are manageable. But I thought they would be a rarity by they time I had your time done!

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                              Jacks - do you still get cravings?
                              I still have moments, but they are manageable. But I thought they would be a rarity by they time I had your time done!
                              Nope. Not cravings but anxiety was very much part of my drinking. Its all to do with low blood sugar,anxiety, hunger and add little sleep might lead to one.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post

Are you enjoying working full time at all?
                                I don't envy you Starty. Have you considered another job? That environment would damage anyone.

I absolutely miss part time, mostly being with the kids. Every evening is slightly bonkers (except tonight cos we are not running!) and the youngest hates me not being there every morning and has been very clingy. On the upside, MrM is enduring the morning stress now!
                                I'm close to work though and we are getting there after a few hiccups (day 2 my mother forgot to mind them, lunches too small/too big/too something else etc etc).

Comment

Working...
                                X