Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening.
    Ah the 1/4 bottles of wine.
    I remember buying 2 small - then 3 small then four for ages until I realised I could buy a big bottle for the same volume. Then it was big bottle PLUS one 1/4 two 1/4 etc etc. What a feckin eejit I was .............
    Out for something to eat - some random shaggin cousin of MrS over from UK.
    I've laid down the law I ain't sitting in a pub all night - but he STILL makes me feel I'm a party pooper every time.

Comment

Evening,
      Ahh the wee bottles of wine............easier to hide.

The UK haven't got a long weekend and I want to know why. Next Bank Holiday is Christmas Day.

Oh Mers, did I catch his eye.............had to turn my phone off in the end. The number of calls and texts from him were getting embarrassing.

Finally got Bess settled down, took 2 episodes of Vikings, then lunch and then we both fell asleep. Not sure who snored the loudest.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Its because I'm everywhere. :beast:
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
            HAHA --- was it the infamous JC's (yes it really IS JC's supermarket ) in Swords? --- mini-bottles a euro each? used to work in the library attached to it and all the aul wans used to be arriving in with TROLLIES of mini-bottles...
            Hahaha!!! Yes Molly, JCs!
            So I wasn't the only eejit buying the 'innocent little harmless' bottles in the dozens..Molly was probably looking at me from the library window!
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hello Mary.
              Last edited by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB); October 28, 2016, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Goodnight all.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                  Goodnight all.....
                  Sorry Tabbers, missed you earlier, I was having a sneaky log on from my phone.
                  Dont go to bed yet, stay up and have the craic here!!:sohappy:

You planning a clear head tomorrow? How are you doing?

Comment

Satz are you still stuck in the pub?

Yes Molly, its a great supermarket, bit of a controversial face lift recently, I like it (its not that far from you!).

Comment

Just gawped at the TV for ages. Great British castles. Did you know that Edinburgh was bombed by Zeppelins in the WW1?
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

no I did not Jacks (insert thoughtful historic face)..
                        We did toss a coin outside the zeppelin museum earlier this year. This place won - wrong choice unfortunately.

Comment

Oh I could go on . The castle's dungeon's once contained nigh on 1000 French prisoners.............and its got a monster cannon thingy from yonks ago that could blast a cannon ball nearly 2 miles
                          You asleep yet?
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

the cannon is called Mons Meg...and also they fire the one o clock gun there every day from the half moon battery.. and as you come up the esplanade towards the castle entrance there are two sentry boxes one each side where squaddies stand for 4hrs at a time bored sh.tless getting clicked at by every man and his dog with a camera..
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

That's the one. Haven't been up to Edinburgh in years.

Might sound like daft questions, Mick, but do the soldiers get trained to stand for hours on end, what happens if they need the loo and do they get a tea break?

Edit: Do they have women sentries now?

It's Cardiff Castle next week so get studying.

Nighty night.
                              Last edited by JackieClaire; October 28, 2016, 05:30 PM.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

..nodded off there...
                                Edinburgh's on the list to bring the kids, but you 2 just pushed it way up, Son eats all that up.
                                Good question JC.
                                Mick, you were in the army?, maybe not quite that long ago
                                Those guys are these every day???

Comment

Working...
                                X