• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night night..
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      That's the one. Haven't been up to Edinburgh in years.

Might sound like daft questions, Mick, but do the soldiers get trained to stand for hours on end, what happens if they need the loo and do they get a tea break?

Edit: Do they have women sentries now?

It's Cardiff Castle next week so get studying.

Nighty night.
      yep you do or used to get trained to stand for ages..you do all sorts of things ..mind games etc and physically..move up and down on the balls of your feet (obviously so it cant be noticed)and really just doing flexing exercises..as for tea breaks ..no defo ..just looked it up ..they dont have a guard any longer unless there is a royal visitor when they have a 12 troop ceremonial..

never even been to cardiff castle
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
        ..nodded off there...
        Edinburgh's on the list to bring the kids, but you 2 just pushed it way up, Son eats all that up.
        Good question JC.
        Mick, you were in the army?, maybe not quite that long ago
        Those guys are these every day???
        Edinburgh as I recall is ok..full of tourists!!I was born in Fife,went to school in Edinburgh,moved to Glasgow,worked in the dockyards..

yep I was in the army many moons ago...12 years 13 days.......an excellent 13 days! if your kids are into that sort of thing,then visit Stirling castle it is full of history
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
          sorry missed you Tabbers -- it's absolutely super to see you here -- plugging away - and what is the weekend -- it's another couple of days -- break that rot and you will be on a ROLL!!!! -- keep postin here lovely man -- still remember how kind you were to me in my dark days --- time to pay it back so come ON --- let us?????
          Originally posted by IamMary View Post
          Sorry Tabbers, missed you earlier, I was having a sneaky log on from my phone.
          Dont go to bed yet, stay up and have the craic here!!:sohappy:

You planning a clear head tomorrow? How are you doing?
          Thanks for your support ladies. Yep clear head I have.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
            Logged on to say Happy Saturday Army! and this is what I saw!

Great job, KTAB!. Well done! inkele: :flowerspin:

Am off to the centre of Athens today so hopefully will be around later on. Wishing you all a great day!!
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Marnin all

Tabbers great to see you back in the land of the living.

Done the weekly tesco pilgrimage and now off dogging. Catch you laters

Comment

Morning - went to the gym this morning - now going to sit & BE !!
                Bit of homework on The Parthenon in Athens........ Stirls .....
                Getting rid of Mr S to golf - thank feck.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                  Morning Tabbs - delighted to see you :hug:
                  Sure & steady does it.
                  Last night I had to explain again why I don't drink : I said "I gave it up - or more precisely - IT gave me up .... "

I was out with Mr S's long lost relatives from UK and once again it brought home the difference in how I drank ( and most of my social circle) & how normies drink. 2 wines with dinner & one after dinner and then she had enough. Her husband also the same.
                  Mr S was itching for more but we start putting on coats .... lovely to be so civilized ........

Comment

wow. cute couple..

Comment

Originally posted by janessa642 View Post
                      wow. cute couple..
                      Ahh Jannessa I thought we'd got this straight............you're a spammer, a clever one at that as you've secreted your shit in your homepage. So off you trot into spammer land..

NB: I know that we're a kind bunch but if anyone sees a comment that doesn't add up or seems a bit suss...............the spammers are getting clever and leaving there link on there home page.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning, morning, morning...............running a bit late and got to take Bess to the vets to get her sooper dooper calmy down pills. You will be able to hear her pitiful howling from the waiting at each corner of the world yet I doubt that she's never had anything more serious than her ears clean or her yearly booster. The cacophony of sound will reach fever pitch around 11:30am GMT. And that's just the waiting room.

Lovely to see that, Tabbers. :hug:

Back with a longer post later.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

What is the point of spammers? No one clicks on their links surely?

Comment

Hi Army

Had a really strange craving last night (I didn't succumb!) but it's the first time this has ever happened like this...before I've had thoughts, and desires for a drink, but never had this really deep physical craving before.

I'm taking my medication so I'm not going to give in to it but it's a horrible feeling...any thoughts as to how to deal with it?

Comment

Hi Tony, have you tried taking lglutamine powder directly onto your tongue or dissolving a teaspoon in water and drinking? It really does help

Failing that, eat as much as you can whatever you can again that has helped me beat those deep longing, like you actually NEED something cravings

Comment

Agreed. Tony were you hungry ?
                                Eat till you are bursting. Carbs really seem to dull that craving.
                                L-Glut powder does work too. I now use it for sugar cravings - and can vouch for it :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                                X