Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple pleasures

5.5 days down. Just discovering some simple pleasures again:
    • Grocery shopping without shame (not worrying that the checkout person is thinking - "wow, MORE booze? Weren't you just here yesterday?")
    • Not having to worry which grocery/liquor store I should go to today to avoid suspicion of me being an alcoholic (lol - like no one knew)
    • Talking to people and not having to hide the alcohol on my breath
    • Waking up feeling refreshed and ready to start the day (and not worrying what hateful emails I sent at 2am)
    • The $20/day I'm saving for a Spring vacation

What are some of your simple pleasures you've rediscovered since kicking the beast into the gutter?

Getting regular exercise
    Remember what my family talked with me about
    No bloated face and dry eyes
    Saved money for fun things instead, clothes, shoes, etc
    No body pains
    Going to work EVERY day
    Being able to drive anytime
    Enjoying food, especially sweet things that I hate while drinking
    Being my little g-son's best friend
    Sleep is amazing
    Anxiety lessened
    There are so many more things, thanks for the thread and congrats on 5.5 days
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sleeping soundly
      Waking up refreshed
      Enjoying food
      Feeling peaceful
      Increasing confidence at work/home/relationships
      Feeling younger
      Energy for fun activities
      Remembering evenings
      Better health

Comment

The look in Bubba's eyes and the smile on her face when she gets home from work and knows I haven't been drinking..
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Being able to choose to do whatever I like, without thinking about drinking.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Coming home from work feeling tense but dealing with it and letting it pass instead of drinking half a bottle of wine before my coat is even off.

Comment

Working...
            X