Filtering Threads - Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filtering Threads - Help Needed

In the previous system, it was possible to apply a filter so that you didn't have to see threads in a particular forum (with new posts) when you signed in to MWO each time. I cannot figure out how to do that here and hope that I'm just missing something. Does anyone have some advice? Thanks, NS

Wish I did NS. However I have realised that taking meds for addiction sends one bonkers so I shall refrain from doing that meself

Comment

Sometimes I have a wry grin and other times it drives me nuts and if they're an advert for meds...........I'll stick with what I know.

Or we could always log in day and night to start offensive threads and bump old threads up.......................no on second thoughts that would make us look childish and stupid.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I live in the southern hempishere and sometimes log in during my day (which is night for some of you). Lately the only activity then is the crap on the meds threads. I am not against people using meds but I think the rubbish the people on the meds play at these days is a real disservice to anyone considering support with meds. The current culprits should be ashamed of themselves for playing these silly games with such a serious issue as addiction.
        Last edited by treetops; October 31, 2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
          In the previous system, it was possible to apply a filter so that you didn't have to see threads in a particular forum (with new posts) when you signed in to MWO each time. I cannot figure out how to do that here and hope that I'm just missing something. Does anyone have some advice? Thanks, NS
          Evening NS

This is a hack called "Exclude Forums From New Posts Search" - It is plugin that (as far as I know, it has been several years since I had any vB experience) is part of the board structure - ie., it is free and just needs to be activated

Maybe if some of you bombard young Zachary with PM's he may turn it on? - Alternatively some of the super-sleuths amongst you might be able to find his email address

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Or we could always log in day and night to start offensive threads and bump old threads up.......................no on second thoughts that would make us look childish and stupid.
          Hi Babe

Geordie girls; man! - GOD, I love 'em

Take care

Regards to all

Bacman
          I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
          Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by terryk
            Two things to try:

Put the major offenders on your "ignore list," their posts should no longer appear in your "New Forum Posts" panel.

And this link should pull up all new posts but exclude the meds section:

-tk

I am *fairly* impressed with that one tk

Regards

Bacman
            Last edited by Baclofenman; October 31, 2016, 05:36 PM.
            I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
            Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Working...
            X