November Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Army 2016

As promised bringing last month's thread over...........few ups and downs there, but more to the point some cracking posts.

White rabbits in cake form....for Starteroos 60days.......good going bonnie lass.:applouse:

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Good Morning Army!! and Happy November!!

Jackie - thanks for starting the thread.

Hey Molls and Tony and Mick - if you're still around!

Starty - huge congrats on the 60 days!! It is just wonderful to see you and others racking up those AF days. Fabulous! I know what you mean about it feeling natural and right to be sober. I simply cannot imagine going back to drinking. It would so go against how I feel right now. I have finally emerged from that horrible, self-inflicted prison and I am free. I have found myself again. Simple as that. We don't realize until we stop drinking, just how AL affected almost every aspect of our lives. At least for me. My mind is free of AL thoughts, I no longer have to plan when and where to buy the bottles, no looking at the clock estimating how many hours until my first drink, no hiding the bottles, no shame in taking a bag full of bottles to the recycling bin, no worries about health problems caused by my drinking, no waking up wondering what I did or said the night before, no wondering if I can drive my car to work (defo hungover) and not get stopped or have an accident, no worrying that one of my kids or a friend might call later at night when I had already had a few drinks and I wouldn't be able to talk properly nor remember the next day what we talked about, no forgetting to do things at work that I needed to take care of because I was still in a fog from drinking the night before. The list goes on and on. I am free of all of that. I will never go back. It would be a betrayal to myself first and my family second. I am free and I am grateful for that freedom.

Here's to a great November. Let's rock it!!! :sohappy::hoopup::spin::rara:
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Yeah, Well done, again, Starty on 2 months.

I'm just getting to the stage where I am starting to feel ok after 15 days back off the grog. For anyone thinking of having a "F**k it session" It's probably been worse getting back through 2 weeks after the relapse than it was first time I hit 2 weeks...don't know why, and it may just be in my head (well there's got to be something in there!) but I wouldn't recommend "stop start" as a plan!

Comment

Morning yous two.

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
        Yeah, Well done, again, Starty on 2 months.

I'm just getting to the stage where I am starting to feel ok after 15 days back off the grog. For anyone thinking of having a "F**k it session" It's probably been worse getting back through 2 weeks after the relapse than it was first time I hit 2 weeks...don't know why, and it may just be in my head (well there's got to be something in there!) but I wouldn't recommend "stop start" as a plan!
        You are so right, Tony, as someone who has relapsed so many times believe me when I say it gets harder and harder. I doubt my little body (stop sniggering at the back) could survive another relapse and de-tox so much so I think I'll give it a miss.

Getting a lift into work as Mr JC's got the day off.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning folks, well done Starty.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good Morning everyone!

Merry November!

Congrats Starty! You must feel fabby!! Well Done Girl!

I have to admit I am not missing my 2 glasses of wine at night at all BUT I get the odd fleeting drinking thought, usually when here is summat good on the telly that night, only lasts a couple of seconds and it is gone and I am back to my little happy sober self. I do think having decent AF time under my belt in the past has made this quit so much easier. It's a strange situation really,have almost 5 years sober and then going to 2 drinks per night and not deviating from that in a year but yet it made me so so ashamed that I lied about it. Twas time to pull the plug, for me it was never volume but habit and the joy of waking up sober will never diminish for me.It is the best feeling in the world. Have no idea where that came from but sorry for the ramble.Day 22 here and feeling fabby!

Happy November everyone, lets make is a deadly one!
            “Somewhere beyond right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there.”

― Rumi

Comment

Morning Army.
              So happy not to have to put on my mask and head to the workhouse - and act in a way I didn't feel comfortable with towards the end.
              I WILL work again but in something that is rewarding at the end of the day.
              Not that feeling of round peg / square hole comes to mind when instructed to put everything on line - and employees were treated with disdain and not allowed 1:1 human contact when they had a query.
              Even just to serve customers in a shop would meet that need for human interaction.

Getting older has definite advantages :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by one2many2 View Post
                5 years sober and then going to 2 drinks per night and not deviating from that in a year but yet it made me so so ashamed that I lied about it. Twas time to pull the plug, for me it was never volume but habit and the joy of waking up sober will never diminish for me.It is the best feeling in the world. Have no idea where that came from but sorry for the ramble.Day 22 here and feeling fabby!

X Post Oney - well done in recognising even those 2 drinks had a hold over you:thumbsup:

Comment

Hey Satz,

They defo did and I HATED it.

I worked in enough shitty jobs to know how liberating it is not to have to go to the workhouse. It's like a get out of jail free card! As you know I work for myself now and it absolutely rocks. You will find the job that is right for you, put it out there into the universe and see what comes back
                  “Somewhere beyond right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there.”

― Rumi

Comment

Rockin' it on 60 days, Starty, way to go.
                    Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Awww what a great way to start november! All positive and happy peeps. Yes we have issues as everyone does but they are dealt with and put away instead of hiding them for a bit and then having to revisit them on a regular basis as we do with drinking.

Many congrats Oney on day 22. You were not meant to be a drinker you know

Satz I agree, getting older has HUGE advantages, we do not have to put up with shit for one !

Thanks for all the congrats guys it has been a long time coming to get to this point again. And Tony, I could not agree more on the stop start plan being a no no.

Today, I have filled meself full of choc and feel rather queasy now but hey ho, so feckin what

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                        Well good afternoon folks

d'ya know I loved reading those posts already this morning -- Stirly you just sound like I felt/feel - you've like 'got' it -- whatever way you can describe 'it' as -- in my case it is/was the balance between drinking and not drinking -- and feck -- of COURSE there were up points to drinking - otherwise we'd never have done it -- the buzz --- the leaving behind of worries anxieties care for a few hours -- and then the other side -- don't even have to document the other side -- everyone here knows it -- the dark side --
                        and Tony - of course wouldn't recommend the relapse phenomena -- but to learn from it is invaluable....
                        and Oney -- one of the first things I learnt in Aiseirí was the ABSOLUTE nonsense of quantifying how much we drank (more than.... less than...... only....... etc) -- half a glass of wine can cause more mayhem to one person than a litre of whiskey to another --- it's irrelevant - and making quantity relevant is a trap so many of us can fall into... great to see you here and super that you benefit from the years of sobriety...

Right it's been a bollix of a week round here -- Joe has sold the business and subsequently got really ill - he's only recovering a bit today - I thought it was his heart or a stroke or something but I'm thinking now it's just a viral infection and he'll recover -- my back recovered and then relapsed today JUST in time to go back to work ffs!! will double up my attention to the book NS directed me to -- as soon as I felt okay I did nothing... clown...

Just booked a holiday --- haven't had a proper holiday for years... 9 days in Lanzarote towards the end of the month and I don't care what it costs I reckon we deserve it!! poverty can re-visit after the event!!!!

right must go get ready for work
                        yes there were down points last month Jacks but the good ones outweigh the bad I reckon... it's good to be here among friends.. yiz are all the business xxxxxx
                        hope Joe is ok Molls...hope you enjoy lanzagrotty..should be good..where did you get the book ns mentioned?
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Evening,
                          What was the name of the book again? Future son-in-law might be in need.

Ticking along nicely there, Oney. Any chance you could source me some opalite? Got some give by a service user but my boss has spirited it away.

Molls, Lanzagrotty............jealous.com but the pair of you need a good holiday. Of course you could give me the tickets and you and Joe could stay here and look after the dog............reckon its a fair swap.

Well clever clogs here can now do appointment letters at work.......as studiously as I have been to avoid dreaded task...........obviously answering the phone and buffing my nails isn't considered busy enough and in 3 hours managed 2............I did for some reason manage to get 6 copies of the same letter with the clients name spelt wrong.....think by then I was just wasn't typing just banging my head off the keyboard.

And I bought some Chrimbo cards.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening, great to see so many positive posts for November. New month, new beginnings, plus is was a cracker of a day.

Starty, look at you, MissSixty - now your suckin Diesel! Oney and Tony (hmm, quite the ring :haha, looks like your both back in the driving seat..
                            Molly - a holiday is a great idea, delighted for you. Congrats on the sale of the shop.

JC..you said the C word!
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              Morning Army.
                              So happy not to have to put on my mask and head to the workhouse - and act in a way I didn't feel comfortable with towards the end.
                              I WILL work again but in something that is rewarding at the end of the day.
                              Not that feeling of round peg / square hole comes to mind when instructed to put everything on line - and employees were treated with disdain and not allowed 1:1 human contact when they had a query.
                              Even just to serve customers in a shop would meet that need for human interaction.

Getting older has definite advantages :thumbsup:
                              We are moving this way, madness. Cant call payroll, just direct your query to a team in another country. HR, same. Of course IT has been outsourced years ago. No engagement or discussion anymore, building a rapport, whats that. Did we answer your query satisfactory, please take this short survey to tell us about your experience. Measure, analyze, improve the script, reduce repeat. Youd wonder what it will look like in another 10 years time. 5 even, industry standards move so quickly.
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                              X