November Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening,
    Thanks Jacks.. its just weird, rumbling and then lots of belching - classy I know. 2nd time in a month, weird.
    anyway, will be grand.
    Hey, how did Molly get on on her holliers? Tanned and relaxed?

Starty - lie through your arse.. tummy ache (close to my heart), double booked (OMG, can not believe that), dead aunt (its not bad luck), car wouldnt start, lost the keys.. actually the more outrageous the better and leave it till the last minute, movie and munchies, happy days.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Haha Mary! I can see you are the expert on these matters

Hope your belly is feeling better this morning?

I was the only manager in yesterday, the others were all off or sick. Twas a VERY tough monday. However I had my appraisal and director is VERY happy with me and recognises the pressure I am under which really really helps. Next year is promising to be exciting (yes stressful) but hopefully more on the exciting front and I feel happier about hanging in there rather than throwing the towel in. Last week I interviewed 2 people and have chosen the girl with wacky hair who has a rescue dogger to join the team. I am hoping that having an extra employee will take off some of the pressure.

Comment

Morning Army :checkin:

Comment

Morning Satz & Starts & Everyone else who drops by today...nice n sunny here, I lovin it.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning folks, very frosty this morning, just been outside briefly with my dogs, no change really.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi Ktab & Kuya.

Sorry to here about your son Kuya.

Comment

Time for me to roll on out...

Don't know whether to drive to Ireland for Christmas or not, From Portugal it take about day & a half.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Just drinking a coffee and thinking of you all :-)

I hope you feel better soon Mary. I had a stomach bug for three weeks that made me feel sick, stomach gripes and wind and a fever for a few days too. I thought it was the flu coming but just dragged on and then eventually vanished as quickly as it appeared!

I love fire pits JC! I'm thinking of getting one myself.

Mario - how long would you stay in Ireland for? Do you have fun spending Christmas there or would you prefer to stay in Portugal?

Hi to everyone else!! Sorry I didn't mention everyone personally, my memory only spans about three pages!

I am feeling chirpy as today is the big day 30!! I am off to London for the weekend (without hubby or kids). I am meeting of my best friends. This would have been one massive piss up from the moment I got to the airport until I arrived home again but not this time! I am looking forward to not being flushed and wondering if I look and act pissed on the plane after all the free booze in the lounge... just a leisurely journey, precious time with my friend, some spa treatments - real R&R.
                  AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Sorry to hear about your son Kuya.
                    I know what a worry they can be.

Off out for a while :llama:

Comment

Hi all, cannot believe this, but I am feeling a bit Christmassy I have bought my little lurcher a father christmas snood to wear to the running groups christmas meetup on Sunday :heartbeat: Cannot believe how cute he looks

Comment

All right, where's the real Starty. Getting Christmassy do my eyes deceive me Bess hasn't given me her Santa list yet but I know it'll involve chews and bones.

Happy 30 days, Yno. :welldone: and you're off to the big smoke and you'll remember every moment. Wonderful.

Work was just steady, not frantic with the phone ringing off the hook as usual. I had a few times I could at least have a chat with the clients who were all pretty chirpy. But still glad I only volunteer and only do one or two days a week. (Its an alcohol and drugs service Yno).
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening..
                          2 days is the perfect job Jacks.. Jealous.com

WinNo, well done youink: you are rocking this, what a lovely way to celebrate your 30 days! Will your buddy be drinking?

Hope your son gets the help he needs Kuya, thats stressful for you...

Today's my 500th day without wine, Id like to say some inspiring and grateful words but Im too exhausted.. because I havnt got 5 minutes to myself these days but Im still not the basket case I was 500 days ago. Its just brilliant. Thank you xxx.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Fantastic Mary!
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Wow Mary that is wonderful! Bet you never thought you would get there a while ago!

Yno, 30 days? That is amazing too. Well done!. Loving all the successes round the boards it is inspiring.

I am just reading Ice and a Slice and have got to the bit where she is plastered at a party and says everything that is bothering her that really should not be said. I so remember waking with absolute dread trying to remember things I had said and desperately replaying the previous night trying to piece my behaviour and conversations together. Then worrying myself sick about it when I couldnt remember, just felt that I had done something wrong.....No wonder we are mentally screwed when we have that to contend with on a regular basis.

Just coming up for 90 days (friday I think) and I NEVER EVER want to forget where I have been or to get into that cycle again. The beauty is that it is all within our control to recover and maintain that recovery.

Morning all

Comment

well done Iam...welcome to day 501 great achievement ...hiya eberrybuddy else..hope you are all ok..
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X