November Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Yep its back with a bang.............its only a year or so since it looked like we'd go the way of the Undies ..........I miss them and their humour and their weather reports and the fact I missed the Melbourne cup this year.
    But there were still a few drops of oil in the can to keep the squeaky door's open.
    Yes Jacks I remember it being touch & go if the Army would survive.
    We had to breathe life into it more than once over the past 2 years ...........

Comment

Well that was a pleasant surprise.....just got the car back from its service and I haven't needed resuscitating at the cost.

Taking Mr JC's Ma & Pa to the seaside tomorrow and if they're very good we might bring them back.
      :egad: the seaside ?? - they'll freeze to death Jacks .....

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
        Evening -,where's Mario? Yes oney do have grave reservations bout him here all time but he's behaving so far ;-)
        Dunno Molls - I think he's over on the October thread.
        I think Stirls is gone to collect him & bring him over

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          :egad: the seaside ?? - they'll freeze to death Jacks .....
          We're not letting them go paddling.........unless they insist, sign a waiver and hand over their house. We're just going to drive them down the coast line and listen to 7 billion 'do you remember whens'
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yes Jacks I remember it being touch & go if the Army would survive.
            We had to breathe life into it more than once over the past 2 years ...........
            Gawd yes, we were going to merge with the Undies.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I've now got visions of Ma and Pa at the front door with their bucket and spade and knotted hankies on their heads.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I've now got visions of Ma and Pa at the front door with their bucket and spade and knotted hankies on their heads.
                :harhar:

Comment

Could be worse they might strip off and run naked into the sea. They're getting cheeky in their ancientness.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                    Evening -,where's Mario? Yes oney do have grave reservations bout him here all time but he's behaving so far ;-)
                    Wait til he comes back from his daily hike along the beach with the other retirees and tells you he's the most sought after widower in the area. And you're still alive....:eek-new:
                    Dunno Molls - I think he's over on the October thread.
                    I think Stirls is gone to collect him & bring him over
                    Couldn't find him. Think he went out for a bite to eat. If I remember well, Mario did like his food. He may well still be eating. :happy2:
                    Could be worse they might strip off and run naked into the sea. They're getting cheeky in their ancientness.
                    If it's any consolation, that sounds like something my Mom and her partner would do. Well she would, anyway. Not so sure about him - he seems somewhat more reserved. My Mom, at the tender age of 86+ is still very much a youngster at heart and she always was very "playful".

So glad the Army didn't go the way of the Undies. And I miss them too - every single one of them, especially Tawny. She had the most incredible sense of humour I have ever seen. One comment and she had the whole thread in stitches. Never mind the pictures she posted of her beautifully plated food. Better than a gourmet restaurant. Thankfully Mr. G is still around.:heartbeat:
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Last edited by satz123; November 2, 2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

You know, in a way that is so sweet. They are an incredible pair to watch, still madly in love after 60 years married. Still hold hands ..........and not just to keep each other from falling over.

Edit. Getting a clanging headache so going to put my jammies on.
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; November 2, 2016, 02:26 PM.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks for the lovely image Satz
                          I just googled old people nude, expecting a load of funny images and OMG, how think am I!
                          That's all I have to say on the matter.

Mr M off all week, he would happily busy himself all day (we live in the never to be finished doer upper). He'd give up work in a heartbeat to be a stay at home dad, retiring is his dream.. Is joe handy Molly?
                          Stirly, has mr S any interest in the business, even a few mornings a week? It's your own business, isn't it??

Good night all - I can hear JC snoring on her 2nd shift.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

ok - off to me leaba ...... up at sparra fart tomorrow.

Comment

X Post Mers - nighty night :hug:

Comment

Hello ladies, so this is where ye all hanging out, its 2245 here, so I saying good night and talk in morning.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X