November Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    What size? Medium, large, extra-large, gigantic?
    Takeaway or sit in?
    Chocolate sprinkles?
    Whipped cream?
    Would you like a scone, a pastry, a packet of biscuits or one of those things over there that look as if flies died on it.............wait they are flies (give me a min while I wipe them off).............its a pastry.
    Would you like me to fill whichever cup you have chosen so full you'll have to wait til its nearly cold to pick it and drink it? .............I was just being polite............it comes like that every time.
    Skinny latte, full fat, with vanilla, syrup, caramel?? I NEED MORE OPTIONS!!!
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      What size? Medium, large, extra-large, gigantic?
      Takeaway or sit in?
      Chocolate sprinkles?
      Whipped cream?
      Would you like a scone, a pastry, a packet of biscuits or one of those things over there that look as if flies died on it.............wait they are flies (give me a min while I wipe them off).............its a pastry.
      Would you like me to fill whichever cup you have chosen so full you'll have to wait til its nearly cold to pick it and drink it? .............I was just being polite............it comes like that every time.
      :harhar: snigger

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        :harhar:

Now don't be gettin' notions there - far from latteies ye were reared
        Half a spoon of Nescafé was cutting edge in dem days.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
          Skinny latte, full fat, with vanilla, syrup, caramel?? I NEED MORE OPTIONS!!!
          :newhere:
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

On a positive note.
            Young Satz went to awards ceremony for the mag he edits.
            Last year was a disaster. He drove home here drunk, was stopped by police, he arrived at the door not knowing where MrS car was.
            Found next day at Station.
            No charges.
            Don't know to this day what happened.

Yesterday he went in his own car from his own house and drove home on time for dinner

My point is : although he still has lapses - he is a MILLION miles from where he was. Some folk on here may forget that and beat themselves up when they fall again.

The cry "I'm never drinking again" and start counting days for some is great but then a fall and their confidence is knocked again.
            There is more than one way to do this.
            Slow and steady is the best way for some - learning from the experience each time they relapse.

Comment

Off to tackle this less than tidy gaff. Kids not home till later, so taking advantage, without recovering from a hangover or drunken argument with MrM.

Later ......

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                On a positive note.
                Young Satz went to awards ceremony for the mag he edits.
                Last year was a disaster. He drove home here drunk, was stopped by police, he arrived at the door not knowing where MrS car was.
                Found next day at Station.
                No charges.
                Don't know to this day what happened.

Yesterday he went in his own car from his own house and drove home on time for dinner

My point is : although he still has lapses - he is a MILLION miles from where he was. Some folk on here may forget that and beat themselves up when they fall again.

The cry "I'm never drinking again" and start counting days for some is great but then a fall and their confidence is knocked again.
                There is more than one way to do this.
                Slow and steady is the best way for some - learning from the experience each time they relapse.
                Fantastic Satz. Delighted to hear that. Your right, one size doesn't fit all, that's why we are here and not at an AA meeting I suppose.

Comment

Oh Jacks I can't read that ..... me brain is not working.
                  All I know is having tried all avenues - he is in a better place now than 12 months ago and that is progress to me and I'll accept it for now.

Comment

Good morning all,

I remember that Satz. Delighted things are so much better. We really do live and learn (in a rather haphazard way in my case )

Back from hols. It was not easy. I thought it would be given I had had no cravings for the previous 2 months. But it wasnt. I was quite out of my comfort zone at times and really gagging at others. Having said that it wasnt all bad but it was much harder than I thought. Anyway,I am back clean and sober and happy to be home and safe once again

Oh and Mr S bought me an ipad when my lappie broke. Sooooo grateful to him so I could carry on reading and feeling connected. One of the great things that happened is I rediscovered my joy of reading and read 3 books on addiction. Another tool that I ressurrected from my old quit. I downloaded them onto my ipad and it really really helped.

Comment

Great to hear starts. I was at the liquor store buying ice yesterday. No biggie. Was getting back in my car and looked over....thrown over in a bush was a little bottle. That little bottle sure did open up thoughts
                      Last edited by NoraC; November 12, 2016, 10:13 AM.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora.

How are you doing? I read that you have been having a tough time lately :hug:

Comment

Hello all, well done starts.

Me in Galway now, lots of dark clouds and rain, normal Galway wether .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hiya Mario. Sounds fun. Ireland is my spiritual home I think. Weather is shite here too. Just cranking up the heating and trying to stay warm

Comment

Doing ok..baby steps. Thanks. Just reminding myself that love will win in the end.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Evening,
                                Mr JC's like a pig in muck...........a day off and two whole rugby games and the highlights of another and now the practice rounds from the Brazilian Grand Prix. Just call me St JC.

Lovely to see you back, Starteroo. Remember when I first went AF and started cross stitching again. Its really is a gift being alcohol free and so worth the uncomfortable moments.

Nora, be true to yourself. Do what you always do....be our lovely Nora.......if that rubs off on one person then it will pass on to another and before you know it there'll be a squillion.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X