No announcement yet.

November Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok folks I of out acting the tourist, have a good day ya here.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Yeah a green man and an old motorcycle man too Mario.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Or motorcycle old man if you prefer...

Comment

Morning all

Sounds like you are having a great break Mario!

How you doing Tabbers?

Just been for a run and have knackered my hip. Feeling very sorry for myself. I think it is an old injury that has been getting worse over time. Might have to visit the docs.

Glad to be home though, slept very well last night in a comfy bed which always helps

Comment

Hi Starty, twisted my back a bit lifting stuff this morning too, not as young as I once was I fear.

Comment

You and me both!

How is the sobriety going? Are you using any tools to help? I have found that reading has once again been my saviour. It helped me the first time and now it is working its magic again giving me inspiration and insight

Comment

Time to throw another tool at this thing. I am struggling with stress and negative thinking at the mo so have found a course at a buddhist meditation centre. (thank you Mad and Mario for reminding me of this) Me and Mr S are going to a combat stress half day course week after next.

Comment

Afternoon all..
                  Mario sound like your having a blast. Great meeting like minded people.. No rain today..

Originally posted by starty View Post
                  I have found that reading has once again been my saviour. It helped me the first time and now it is working its magic again giving me inspiration and insight
                  I also read a few novels where one of the characters had drink
                  Problems (eg: try not to breath by holly seddon). I still seek them out

Youngest has been vomiting since 4am. Mr M's bday lunch cancelled (beef pie anyone???).
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
                    Was out for a dinner last night with relations, I was actually at there wedding earlier this year,talking to yer man last night and he noticing I drinking water,And he says do you not drink, I says no, he says do you know bill n Bob, I says I do, And with that he got his chair and sat beside me as he off the beer nearly 13 years, and it was a fine plesent night I had I can tell ya.
                    Who's Bill n Bob ?
                    Is this like wearing a carnation so you can be recognised ?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      Who's Bill n Bob ?
                      Is this like wearing a carnation so you can be recognised ?

Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob Smith, were the founders of AA, When/if people see you Not drinking alcohol they might say to you do you know bill n Bob , Instead of asking are you in AA, iam not in AA but I can relate to some of there theory's/opinions on beating this addiction/illness.

Comment

Very late evening check in.
                        Long lazy Sunday and its been bliss.

I'm with you there, Mario, I'm not in AA..........mind you I wouldn't hesitate to use it again if needed...........there's some good stuff in there.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning....

Do you know it's easier to stay awake till 0730 then it is to wake up at 0730. Strange but true :-)

Comment

I could never wake at 7.30. 4.45 is about my latest

Comment

Today I going out with friends, and tonight I shall have a dinner with my children who are not children anymore, and who have grown up to becoming adults with all the ups n downs of life's that it brings.

The eldest seems to be grand, good job , good husband, two children, buying own house.

The youngest is as easy going as some dude with not a care in the world, good job, fairly quite, likes to save n travel and still lives at home with his mammy in a house built for 6,

Now the middle child, she goes through the wars every six months with her fella, changes jobs frequently,doesn't seem settled in anything, but is a great mother to her child and has great goals, in theory.she also does not get on with her mother

We do have a great laugh always when we go out together and talk about everyone and everything, I find myself very lucky that I have this relationship with my children after all I put them through.

Comment

Bit early for that eh :yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X