No announcement yet.

November Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya Satz, yep I think it is rife, not really talked about tho. I was taking around 32 tablets a day. Which is about 400+ mgs of codeine. Yep quite severe withdrawals similar to coming off heroin. Fluey, achey, sweaty, depressed, shakey upset tum and that goosebumpy skin. Horrible. Goes on for 10 days or so. Been through it many times over the years. Way too easy to get hold of. I used to chemist hop. Harder to give up than booze in some ways as easier to hide.

Comment

Good Mid-Afternoon, Army, and a Cherry Hellooooo from Washington, DC!

Jacks-I slept in this morning-until 5:30AM. Hahahah

I hope everyone in the Army is having a cozy evening.

Comment

Yep its a methadone or a tapered reduction, Startypantaloons. I'll take a bet that many of the addicts supplement with all sorts of OTC medicines........like cough medicines as well as pills. Its prolly an after thought when an assessment is being done.

Donkey's years ago when I had my frozen shoulder I was prescribed codeine. First dose I took made my scalp really itchy. :eeks:

Very cosy, Rusty. I slept in this morning and feel like I've missed the best bit of the day.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
          Hiya Satz, yep I think it is rife, not really talked about tho. I was taking around 32 tablets a day. Which is about 400+ mgs of codeine. Yep quite severe withdrawals similar to coming off heroin. Fluey, achey, sweaty, depressed, shakey upset tum and that goosebumpy skin. Horrible. Goes on for 10 days or so. Been through it many times over the years. Way too easy to get hold of. I used to chemist hop. Harder to give up than booze in some ways as easier to hide.
          :hug:

Comment

Evening.
            Fulltime work is sucking up all my spare time:sad:
            Same Starty, good days then overwhelming days.. We are all off kilter here this week cos of a tummy bug.

Plus no smell, obvious signs of using, it must be rife..

Just finished The Widow by Fiona Barton - really good

Night
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hi troopers. Good to see you Tabbers. Are you polishing up a 2 wheeler in the shed?

Starts, not meaning to unsettle you, but a sad story from Oz 2015 of OTC codeine pill OD. Paracetamol a big contributor in this case.

Paracetamol poisoning: how addiction to over-the-counter medication took Imogen Cunningham's life

Some more light reading. Prob similar figures in UK. You are def not alone....Take care dear lady.

Deaths linked to codeine double in 1 years
              Last edited by Guitarista; November 16, 2016, 09:18 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                Hi troopers. Good to see you Tabbers. Are you polishing up a 2 wheeler in the shed?

Starts, not meaning to unsettle you, but a sad story from Oz 2015 of OTC codeine pill OD. Paracetamol a big contributor in this case.

Paracetamol poisoning: how addiction to over-the-counter medication took Imogen Cunningham's life

Some more light reading. Prob similar figures in UK. You are def not alone....Take care dear lady.

Deaths linked to codeine double in 1 years
                Thanks Mr G, these stories sadly could easily have been me. And yes I am sure there are many more around in exactly the same position. I so agree that these should not be sold over the counter. No amount of questions and screening will help as we all know that addicts are compulsive liars where their DOC is concerned. The lies I told on a daily basis to pharmacists were incredible. The scary thing was I even began to believe them myself. Not long ago I took my usual cocktail of pills and booze. In the night I got up to let one of the dogs out. I collapsed on the kitchen floor and could not get up. I lay there on a cold stone floor for about probably 20 mins or so until I was able. Got to the top of the stairs and collapsed again. Even that did not stop me for a while. Thinking about it now horrifies me but when you are in the grip nothing can really touch you.

Morning all

Comment

BJesus Starty. :hug:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning and hello there Mr G

Thank all that is good in the universe you're here to tell the story, Starty. :hug:
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Army.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hugs to you starts, Are you still going ahead with the plan of going to the Buddha house ? And how is the reading coming along ?

Comment

I back in Portugal myself now, I go to work soon. I had a great time in Ireland but ate to much, for me what was important was that I still did my work in myself and also got to an CA meeting. There huge steps I took as usually I left my recovery work at home when I went away.

Comment

“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald. I think of this quote a lot in relation to my sobriety.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                              Its a winter project Mr G, a 40 yr old XS650.

Thanks Mr G, these stories sadly could easily have been me. And yes I am sure there are many more around in exactly the same position. I so agree that these should not be sold over the counter. No amount of questions and screening will help as we all know that addicts are compulsive liars where their DOC is concerned. The lies I told on a daily basis to pharmacists were incredible. The scary thing was I even began to believe them myself. Not long ago I took my usual cocktail of pills and booze. In the night I got up to let one of the dogs out. I collapsed on the kitchen floor and could not get up. I lay there on a cold stone floor for about probably 20 mins or so until I was able. Got to the top of the stairs and collapsed again. Even that did not stop me for a while. Thinking about it now horrifies me but when you are in the grip nothing can really touch you.

Morning all
                              Jeez that must have been so scary. "Even that did not stop me for a while" I can relate to that, the lies we tell ourselves to avoid the inevitable.

Originally posted by mario View Post
                              I back in Portugal myself now, I go to work soon. I had a great time in Ireland but ate to much, for me what was important was that I still did my work in myself and also got to an CA meeting. There huge steps I took as usually I left my recovery work at home when I went away.
                              Thats progress my friend.

Originally posted by mario View Post
                              “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald. I think of this quote a lot in relation to my sobriety.
                              Nice one.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Ok Army folks I have a lot of work ahead, take care and have a good positive day, embrace the change.

Comment

Working...
                                X