November Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
    Its a winter project Mr G, a 40 yr old XS650.
    Nice. I bet you'll make it sing.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mr JC had another day off work today.

The S&H finally came over and finished getting his errrrrrrrrrm crap out of his bedroom so we can now get properly started on turning it into a home study/spare bedroom. When I saw all his stuff gone, I'll admit I had a little gulp.......alright a big one .........and he's living just 5 miles or so away not the moon.

Anyway by 9am I'd bought a TV to collect from a well known store near us (and more than likely yous lot) and by lunch time a new carpet for the recently vacated rrom. Then went and bought some Christmas crackers although Bess hates them and we have to stand at the top of the garden out of her way to pull them.

Rather a pleasant way to spend a day.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ah Jacks.. bit emotional.. but a lovely day. One of the days there might be little people bouncing around in there

Starty, thats a scary picture. This is probably a stupid question, if you do need pain relief, can you get something thats codine free?
        We you ever refused pills?

So anyone bracing themselves for the silly season?
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
          Hugs to you starts, Are you still going ahead with the plan of going to the Buddha house ? And how is the reading coming along ?
          Absolutely Mario, and still reading a lot

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
            Ah Jacks.. bit emotional.. but a lovely day. One of the days there might be little people bouncing around in there

Starty, thats a scary picture. This is probably a stupid question, if you do need pain relief, can you get something thats codine free?
            We you ever refused pills?

So anyone bracing themselves for the silly season?
            Not a stupid question Mary. If I am in pain now, I take something without codeine. Before was not an option

Refused pills once. I tried my luck at the same chemist 2 days running on holiday a few years ago. They refused I was mortified :egad:

Comment

Good morning Army

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Busy day as usual here...

Jc that sounded lovely,

Good for you starts, let us know how you getting on,

Ktab nice to here from you as aswell Iammary

Its a lovely sunny day here, which is lovely for me.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning Starty & Mariooooooooooo

It was a lovely day. Today I'm off to get the S&H's watch engraved...........its the watch we gave him for his 21st (he's 28 now) and never got round to it. It emerged when he was clearing his room out.
                  I'm doing a lot of little things which always get overlooked.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning folks, just spent ten mins peaceful minutes watching the birds feeding. I built a feeder last year which fits on the windowsill so we get a good view. Simple pleasures, isn't it strange how little things makes us happy and that can often change as we get older.
                    JC I love that feeling of getting lots of small things sorted, stuff that just seems to builds up to a long list without my realising it. Off to work soon, it's going to be a long shift.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

On foot of your discussion regarding codeine etc, I saw this in todays news:

RSA report: Sedatives common factor in road deaths
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Tabbers,
                        You're never going to believe this just been watching a robin fight off a pigeon and a wren (I think )to get at the bird feeder.....it won........Ferocious little beggars

When I worked in the bank we used to call the build up a pile of bottoms.............bear with me.

If there was something on your pile of work which didn't need immediate or urgent attention it went to the bottom of the pile...........until one day you got into work and all that was left was the stuff you'd shoved to the bottom..............hence .............a pile of bottoms.

Now I must away too.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mornin all..how are yiz all good I hope tis snowing here...trouble is there isnt any gritters can get up here so when it snoze..thats it..at dentist today so hopefully roads will be clear enough....Jacs...pile of bottoms?never had one of them...had a pretty busy file 13 tho...hope everyone is ok have a good weekend
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

My bottoms and my file 13 are piling up too!

Tabbers you are right, it is the little things that really keep us happy.

Feeling a bit unenthusiastic about life in general just now. Not depressed thankfully just a bit meh and I would be really grateful for some feedback. Day 77 so 11 weeks in which is great. Not sure if it is anything to do with the quit or just life feels a bit dullsville just now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                              On foot of your discussion regarding codeine etc, I saw this in todays news:

RSA report: Sedatives common factor in road deaths
                              I would imagine that benzos are horrific to drive on, as bad a booze. Now on codeine packs they are saying that in the UK you can be tested at the roadside to see if you have taken too many. This scared me a lot when it came out last year.

Comment

Got a whole pile of bottoms here at the house due to years of drinking. Time to shovel them out. 74F here today (24C), snow tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X