Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.
    Good woman Starty - you are brill.
    You deserve to be contentedly sober because you throw EVERYTHING at it and never stop trying.
    I admire your tenacity
    Mers is the same - ye don't just sit waiting for it to happen. :thumbsup:

Jacks delighted you enjoyed the gig. :yay:

Comment

Good morning Army, just going to get me coffe n tea.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Early morning perving :

Comment

Marioooooooo bring us all some :shout:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Morning.
            Good woman Starty - you are brill.
            You deserve to be contentedly sober because you throw EVERYTHING at it and never stop trying.
            I admire your tenacity
            Mers is the same - ye don't just sit waiting for it to happen. :thumbsup:

Jacks delighted you enjoyed the gig. :yay:

Thank you Satzy. If we waited I think the only outcome would be a wooden box

Oh and since we have been back from hols Mr S has not touched a drop! I think he may have some today but that is fine. Such a great change from every day (which I know is totally my fault)

Going to go shopping today. I think I need a new handbag :sohappy:

Comment

Early morning perving :

oh oh oh oh my lord......

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                Morning all!

Mario I hope you are feeling brighter today and the man flu has not done what is usually does to mere mortal men

JC I LOVE adam hills and he is rather easy on the eye too. Just watched this weeks last leg and had a good ole perve at him

Much better day yesterday. Lots to do (nice things) and got some reading done. Currently reading the sobriety hand book. Full of good sound advice and experience. Can be applied to any DOC. Also had a chapter on the steps of AA and I think I am going to work them. I think they will really help me

I found the Big book to very helpful and not at all what I expected to be about , religious etc etc, I also went a bit further and went to meetings, well CA meetings which use the some of the same principles as AA, I also went and got myself a good down to the earth sponsor who answered all my question's without pushing me either way, as at the end its up to us. I still in contact with him every week by WatsApp and its great and as deffo worked for me.I had certainly nothing to loose by trying it.

I remember years ago lying in a caravan in Portugal with the mother of all hangovers, and a kindly lady said why don't you read that book, it was the big book, So I read it and as I couldn't sleep it took me 24 hours and when I finished I said to myself , Jesus them poor people I glad I not like them ha ha ha

It only took another five years for me to stop then .

Comment

Coffe n big cup of green tea on the way to ya Satz

Comment

Early morning perving :

Swooooooooooooooon :heartbeat:

I'll just stick the kettle on.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Who is that lad in the photo ? Michael bublai or something

hi Jackie how doing you ?

Comment

That's not The Bubble (as he is named in this house) that is Adam Hills.

I'm good Mariooooooooo, and yerself?

Starty, if you get a chance ........get to see him live.

We're off up to Kirkley Hall this morning. Its the Christmas Fayre and my SIL's got a stand selling hand knitted animals. She's a genius with very tired fingers.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Adam hills ?? more of a Adam n the ants man myself... , Anyway all them men look the same to me... storms of jealous...

Comment

Ahh Mariooooooooo, you know we love you bestest. :heartbeat: They're just passing fancies.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I am great Jc, going through some family troubles back home at the moment, but it is what it is and I not let it drag me down, Going to CA meeting very soon, So being around some of my close friends can help me get over any obstacles that may arise.

And its also one of my daughters birthday today, she is 27, jaysus I getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
                                I found the Big book to very helpful and not at all what I expected to be about , religious etc etc, I also went a bit further and went to meetings, well CA meetings which use the some of the same principles as AA, I also went and got myself a good down to the earth sponsor who answered all my question's without pushing me either way, as at the end its up to us. I still in contact with him every week by WatsApp and its great and as deffo worked for me.I had certainly nothing to loose by trying it.

I remember years ago lying in a caravan in Portugal with the mother of all hangovers, and a kindly lady said why don't you read that book, it was the big book, So I read it and as I couldn't sleep it took me 24 hours and when I finished I said to myself , Jesus them poor people I glad I not like them ha ha ha

It only took another five years for me to stop then .
                                I might get a copy of the big book. Does it have peoples stories in there? And help on working the steps? I liked the way Meredith Bell wrote about them as I felt I could apply them to me. Not sure I am ready for a meeting

Comment

Working...
                                X