November Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    That's not The Bubble (as he is named in this house) that is Adam Hills.

I'm good Mariooooooooo, and yerself?

Starty, if you get a chance ........get to see him live.

We're off up to Kirkley Hall this morning. Its the Christmas Fayre and my SIL's got a stand selling hand knitted animals. She's a genius with very tired fingers.
    I will check out his dates.....

I want to learn to knit. Just simple stuff like blankets that I send to animal welfare and the like

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
      I am great Jc, going through some family troubles back home at the moment, but it is what it is and I not let it drag me down, Going to CA meeting very soon, So being around some of my close friends can help me get over any obstacles that may arise.

And its also one of my daughters birthday today, she is 27, jaysus I getting old.
      Sorry to hear of your family troubles Mario. That can really be the worst thing. Do you think they will be sorted?

Comment

Morning folks. Planning on wrapping up warm shortly and attacking several jobs in the garden that are long overdue, followed by a lazy afternoon of me time, probably in front of a roaring log fire. Nana nap being a distinct possibility.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Ahh Mariooooooooo, you know we love you bestest. :heartbeat: They're just passing fancies.
          Ne'er a truer word spoken

Comment

I was looking at this earlier, harrowing. Addicts are addicts I reckon, whatever your addiction we battle against the demons.

America's new heroin addicts - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
              I was looking at this earlier, harrowing. Addicts are addicts I reckon, whatever your addiction we battle against the demons.

America's new heroin addicts - BBC News
              Exactly Tabbers. I have had countless arguments with folk who think my addiction to opiates is worse than theirs to booze. Makes me so mad.

Comment

Hi Starty, I knew a guy really well who was addicted to gambling and the effect on his wife and kids was easily as bad as if it had been drink or drugs from what I could see. He was powerless over it. Addiction is addiction.

Comment

Hi Mr ktab, enjoy your day..

Starts yes there are real peoples stories in it and yes you will relate, as none of us with these addictions are any different, Addiction has no boundries.

I don't know what will happen at home starts,the main thing for me is to make sure I stay strong and put myself first.

Have to leg it , have a great positive happy Sunday.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Have a great day folks. Orf to find meself a bag

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                      Exactly Tabbers. I have had countless arguments with folk who think my addiction to opiates is worse than theirs to booze. Makes me so mad.
                      The only difference with our addiction and gambling are they're both legal as long as you can prove you're over 18 (in Europe)..

The amount of adverts for on line bingo ( of course its harmless ...........Granny used to go once a week ), racing...........(of course its harmless I only bet on the Derby & the Grand National)............lotto, roulette, football, earwig racing............worries me.

Time for me to go as well.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

The only difference with our addiction and gambling are they're both legal as long as you can prove you're over 18 (in Europe)..

The amount of adverts for on line bingo ( of course its harmless ...........Granny used to go once a week ), racing...........(of course its harmless I only bet on the Derby & the Grand National)............lotto, roulette, football, earwig racing............worries me.

Time for me to go as well.
                        Yes very worrying.
                        Dont forget opiates are legal too. (the ones I was buying anyway)

Comment

Good link tabbers,will be seeking these out when my kids are old enough,. The idea of them having any addition freaks me out. :crying:
                          I went out with a gambler for a few years.. couldnt understand it, as I knocked back the bottles a wine, oblivious to myself.

Not sure if you can get this drama outside Eire Solpadeine is my boyfriend
                          Havnt listed to it yet, but reviews are v good.

OTC pills, gambling, food etc etc can be easier to hide but equally devastating of course..
                          Last edited by IamMary; November 20, 2016, 07:17 AM.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                            Good link tabbers,will be seeking these out when my kids are old enough,. The idea of them having any addition freaks me out. :crying:
                            I went out with a gambler for a few years.. couldnt understand it, as I knocked back the bottles a wine, oblivious to myself.

Not sure if you can get this drama outside Eire Solpadeine is my boyfriend
                            Havnt listed to it yet, but reviews are v good.

OTC pills, gambling, food etc etc can be easier to hide but equally devastating of course..
                            Listened to it and felt sorry for her for about half hour until she kicked a dog then thought fuck it, you are on your own love

Comment

Yes very worrying.
                              Dont forget opiates are legal too. (the ones I was buying anyway)
                              Forgotten about those and cough medicines contain them too.

Just watched the video, Tabbers posted. Stunned and very, very sad.

I'll have a look see at yours, Mers, later love.
                              Last edited by JackieClaire; November 20, 2016, 02:21 PM.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Listened to it and felt sorry for her for about half hour until she kicked a dog then thought fuck it, you are on your own love
                                Really! Don't listen to it Jacks!
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X