November Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks,

ON the subject of wind :egad: I had it terrible for a while but it isn't too bad just now, pre-quit toilet was not a pleasant place I have to say LMAO but that has improved too!!!

Just wanted to ask, what are podcasts? I keep seeing people mention them?
    One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
      Same. Managed 30 days on 2 occasions. Made moderation plans on a weekly basis. Well, I suppose we have to go through these motions to know that the wine is just not for us.

I read your Mojo thread Wine-no, and not for the 1st time, I can relate to so much of your story, drinking hubby (he stopped recently), never drank in the morning, kids, job.. - plus your the same age as I was when I started last year! snap.
      You are doing great. Keep chatting here, tis Friday and we have no hangover to look forward to tomorrow, YAY!

I read somewhere recently, never ever ever question your decision to quit.. thats todays thought :happy2:
      You're an inspiration Mary - AF since July 2015!! Congratulations!
      So how did you find all the major firsts? Booze free Christmas, holiday etc.? What did your friends and family say?
      AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Originally posted by madonmehndi View Post
        Hi folks,

ON the subject of wind :egad: I had it terrible for a while but it isn't too bad just now, pre-quit toilet was not a pleasant place I have to say LMAO but that has improved too!!!

Just wanted to ask, what are podcasts? I keep seeing people mention them?
        Audio recordings Maddy..
        Really handy to listen to from a smart phone (or any device), you just download the app - all free too.
        The bubble hour is popular here, but loads more. Most radio stations have podcasts, so dramas, books, plenty make the housework less boring :happy2:
        Serial is supposed to be excellent, havnt got around to that yet.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by Wine-no! View Post
          So how did you find all the major firsts? Booze free Christmas, holiday etc.? What did your friends and family say?
          I had my husbands 50th this time last year, that was the first biggy. I faked it, big banana smile, yay, having a blast here.. funny thing was, I tricked myself into believing it and I did have an ok night! As time went on, I didnt have to fake as much, but I still do!:makeup:

I have told no one my reasons, other than MrM. That was my dread last year.. being judged. I mutter on about a health kick phase and just havnt gone back on the booze - people dont really care and most of the time, dont notice either. JCs advise back then was to get a wine glass in your hand pronto, (lime and soda is great) and no one bats an eyelid.
          Last edited by IamMary; November 25, 2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

One more episode of mindless shite then off to bed.
            Night Ladies, Friday is in the bag, well done us!!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Evening all !
              Welcome new folks to the army - stick close and post any random crap you want.

Where has Oneybum gone? Starts tell her what you said about posting each day !!!
              Molls has fecked off to sunny climes.
              Dunno where Tabbs is.

T'is like herding cats :haha:

Ha ha re herding cats

Yes I will tell Oney.

Comment

Feeling lots more positive about Chrimbo which as you know is not my fave time of year sober or not. This year is a little different we are having the day on our own and then my bro and his family over boxing day which will be nice. No travelling around the country, no getting somewhere and feeling right Im here, now when would it not seem rude to leave. Day on our own walking the doggers and watching chrimbo telly. Sounds nice to me

Whats everyones plans ?

Comment

Good morning Army & starts ,lovely to see you here :-)

Satzs that's gas video, herding cats ha ha ha

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Christmas erm, Well for the first time in a long time I don't know here I going, I used to go back to Ireland to my partner but that don't seem like it now. I shall know more nearer the time as I do have a few options.

Comment

Have to get me own coffee, thought Jc would have had it ready for me, Sometimes my expectations are just a bit to high.

Comment

Where's stirly anyone ?

Comment

Morning Mario!

What are the options. Let us vote for you

I am meeting some ladies for a dogger walk round a local reservoir shortly. Will be lovely

Comment

;-0

OPTIONS

Stay in my ma,s house, very busy
                            stay in my sisters house ,not bad loads of room, no children :-)
                            stay in my daughters house, erm
                            stay in hotel,very expensive, tis Ireland ya know.
                            stay in airb&b, maybe
                            stay in ex aprtners house & pretend everything is ok when we both know its not :-(
                            stay in friend's apartment, bit outaway & surrounded by horses,

Comment

Morning,
                              A night at all of them

Or hire a car to go visiting and stay in the one surrounded by horses or don't hire a car and saddle up a horse to go visiting.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Jc

I have a car that's not a problem also where I from horses are like dogs, there everywhere lol lol

All opinion's welcome... laters gators

Comment

Working...
                                X