November Army 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starty View Post
    Feeling lots more positive about Chrimbo which as you know is not my fave time of year sober or not. This year is a little different we are having the day on our own and then my bro and his family over boxing day which will be nice. No travelling around the country, no getting somewhere and feeling right Im here, now when would it not seem rude to leave. Day on our own walking the doggers and watching chrimbo telly. Sounds nice to me

Whats everyones plans ?
    I remember when you hated Christmas............sounds a beautiful day you've got planned.

Was having a think about the day and it'll be the first Christmas in 30 years that there'll be just me and Mr JC on Christmas morning................gulp. They're coming for dinner though. Does that mean we're growed up now.

Our Christmas tree goes up the second Sunday before Christmas...........when Jenny was about 7 I shouted up stairs to see if she wanted to help decorate it...........she shouted back down...........'I am helping.........I'm keeping out of the way'
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Mario - the horse one and tell everyone you have run out of petrol so you cant see anyone :applouse:

JC, time to make some new traditions with just you and Mr?

2 weeks before sounds reasonable

Comment

Morning Army :checkin:
        LOVE Saturdays - nowhere to go - no-one to please except myself ....... :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
          ;-0

OPTIONS

Stay in my ma,s house, very busy
          stay in my sisters house ,not bad loads of room, no children :-)
          stay in my daughters house, erm
          stay in hotel,very expensive, tis Ireland ya know.
          stay in airb&b, maybe
          stay in ex aprtners house & pretend everything is ok when we both know its not :-(
          stay in friend's apartment, bit outaway & surrounded by horses,
          Sister's - no kids - it's always a bonus :haha:
          Last edited by satz123; November 26, 2016, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I like kids for lead up to Christmas & their excitement Christmas morning - but after that they need to be locked up.
            I suppose that's why Grandkids were invented - we can shoo them out after 2 hours.
            Now need to get myself some .............

Comment

Hurry up, get here quick.........got a free gaff for a few hours. Mr JC's meeting up with a couple of pals he's known since Uni who are up from London................bring jaffa cakes. I've got hot chocolate.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Shove up on the settee jacks - on me way :llama:

I'll get the bus and pick up the rest en route ......

Comment

Satzuma, that VW has to be the bestest thing I've seen in a long time. I love it.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                    Morning Army :checkin:
                    LOVE Saturdays - nowhere to go - no-one to please except myself ....... :yay:
                    Saturdays - everywhere to go - pleasing everyone except myself :egad:. Just home from a lovely dinner with 3 friends, first sitting down meal all day! They all had 2 drinks and I just thought, jesus, this would be torture if I was drinking, making each drink last 2 hours!!!
                    So I had a lovely time instead.

Mario, has to be the mammays for a few days, embrace the madness. Then ship out to the sisters.

Starts - perfect Christmas.. Ours is a bit mixed, but just ourselves for the dinner, which will be the first time in years.
                    Great idea for JC, a new tradition... (like staying in bed?)..
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Loving the magic bus Satzy

Morning all!
                      Nice day had yesterday, met some friends for a dogger walk (these are my running friends but we are all crippled just now!) Then had a relaxing day and a few chores.

Today we are off to the Buddhist centre for a course on combatting stress. Should be inneresting and also we get given a veggie lunch so looking forward to that.

Back to crimbo, I am bailing out of the christmas party at work this year. I really dont want to go. I went last year and it was such an ordeal. I was trying to be AF and really struggling. I was drinking orange juice as we had a choice of that or bucks fizz as we went in then the director was going round with a bottle of champagne and topped up my glass without me seeing it. I took a sip and all the cravings came flooding back along with the nerves. I didnt drink that night (just the sip) but it put me off kilter and I only made it to new year. So in order to avoid anything like that I am throwing a sick day on the day of the party. I know its bad and I have never chucked a sicky without being genuinely ill, but I cannot see another way without drawing attention to myself.

Comment

Good morning & happy sunday

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi starts good move in bailing out of Christmas party imo. If its putting you under to much stress & pressure its not a place to be.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

YouTube

Made a pot this morning

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good swerve on the party, Starty.
                              When I look back I hated them. An expensive night out in a posh dress that ends in the Hokey Cokey and everyone vowing that we must see each other more often socially. Somebody will have puked in somebody's handbag ( not me but it was my handbag). ..............someone will have snogged the manager's assistant (that was me)...........got a chest infection from wearing a teeny tiny jacket over posh frock when I knew I wasn't well but I'd paid for the fecking ticket and I was going come Hell or high water (yep me again).
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                Good swerve on the party, Starty.
                                When I look back I hated them. An expensive night out in a posh dress that ends in the Hokey Cokey and everyone vowing that we must see each other more often socially. Somebody will have puked in somebody's handbag ( not me but it was my handbag). ..............someone will have snogged the manager's assistant (that was me)...........got a chest infection from wearing a teeny tiny jacket over posh frock when I knew I wasn't well but I'd paid for the fecking ticket and I was going come Hell or high water (yep me again).
                                :haha: Now THAT is it in a nutshell

Our parties are always completely free. Free food, free bar all we have to do is supply the dress and the shennanigans. I would rather hear about them on the Monday than be part of them!

Comment

Working...
                                X