This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Bullying

This site obviously has no moderators because if it did, the bullying behaviors that have gone out of control would not be allowed. A large part of MWO has become a hostile place.

Many people are bothered by what is going on in the Medication forum where Wilson is being doxed and maliciously attacked by many people. Kuya was ganged up on in a thread with people chiming in who were not involved in the original controversy. Kuya is my friend and I'm ashamed I did not speak up for her and against the cyber-bullying. I don't know Wilson well or understand all that is going on but he deserves the respect that all people do by virtue of being human. There are real people with real feelings behind all of these avatars and screen names.

I told myself that I have not spoken up in the Medication forum because it is not my business. I did not speak up for Kuya because I hate conflict, I was afraid to take sides and have people be mad at NoSugar, and I just wanted all of it to go away and for everyone to be supportive and respectful of one another. That is still what I want but have come to terms with the fact that to be silent is to condone what is going on.

We don't all have to agree with one another and we can disapprove of what is said and how someone expresses themselves but I believe the ganging up and bullying is wrong, dangerous, and has to stop. People can be driven to desperate actions by bullying and I don't think any of us would want to be responsible for that. I have never actively bullied anyone but by remaining silent, I have contributed to it.

I am sorry Kuya and Wilson and anyone else who was bullied and I said nothing. I was wrong. If this site isn't going to have moderators, we need to monitor ourselves and treat one another with decency and respect. If a person antagonizes you, you can put them on Ignore.

At a time when the real world is full of hatred and division, we don't need to replicate that world online - particularly at a site that is here to support struggling, often desperate people who are trying to accomplish a horribly difficult thing. This needs to be a place of love and support, not bullying and hostility.

Working...
X