Drunk Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drunk Again

Luckily, I don't remember my most embarassing moments. I know that I fall down a lot when I'm drunk. I like to get up on stage and dance/sing w/the band although I am a HORRIBLE dancer and singer. I don't know why they even indulge me. Probably because I'm so obnoxious when I'm drunk or maybe because its entertaining. If I am really tying one on, then I combine the two... getting up on stage AND falling down or falling off of it. My friends always say afterwards that we had so much fun, but I often wonder if they are just laughing at me behind my back.

Oh, I also eat really weird things when I'm drunk. I found half-eaten leftover spaghetti noodles w/ranch dressing and paremesian cheese on it one morning. Don't remember eating it, but apparently that was my midnight snack. Yuck!

Comment

Drunk Again

I think it's amazing sometimes what we CAN do when we are drunk. I fell asleep with a beer in my hand, didn't spill any and it was almost full. I walked into the men's room at a restaurant....HELLO:blush: I had a knock out drag out fight w/my husband when he had broken up w/me when we were engaged. He was afraid the police would come and take HIM away because he is so much bigger than me and me, being drunk, was hurting myself more than him. SO HE CALLED THE WOMAN HE CHEATED ON ME WITH to calm me down! Funny thing is it worked. I too have thrown up....red wine is the worse.

Make one proud, doesn't it?:yuk:

Comment

Drunk Again

Funny thing about me is that I HAVEN"T done anything really outrageous while drinking. I guess I am more of a controlled drinker. When I get to the point of to much I usually would just throw-up and go to bed and have the spinns.

What I am NOT proud of is that I am sitting here chuckeling at all your stories. OK.....I'm lieing. I was laughing out loud. Isnt it sad that we all think this stuff is funny. Dont get me wrong guys....not judging here cuz I'm gonna be the first one to burst out with major laughter.
        Why is this?
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Drunk Again

I gotta go back and say that hopefully this is all past tense. Hopefully in my case I can say WAS controlled drinker. geeze
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Drunk Again

The night/ morning we went to this diner and out front was a huge statue of a cowboy. I crawled up into the cowboys arms and had everyone take my picture. I thought I was something, lucky I didn't break my neck! I can't look at that picture without cringing! I would throw it out but oddly enough, I like how I look in it. I photograph better drunk. Another oddity!
            Smiles
            Mar

Comment

Drunk Again

I know what you mean .... when I'm moderating I've seen other people drunk and laughed.
              I don't often do really embarassing things .......... I've done about 5-10 in the last 5 years ......... My friends always tell me anyway ...... usually I just end up talking fluent bullsh*t !!!!

Comment

Drunk Again

This is the one I remember the most:

My mom lost her top teeth when she was really young and told me she had to wear dentures when I was at work, anyway it really upset me (had horrible visions of this young woman having her teeth pulled out) and I drank to excess that evening at a colleauges leaving do. We had money behind the bar for cocktails etc. but I was on a mission and kept buying sneaky glasses of wine to fill in between rounds.

Got really drunk and ended up at a colleauges house. She was really sweet but a little weird and her family were even weirder. I got it into my addled brain that they were all somehow a bit sinister so I deceided to leave. She was reluctant to let me go because I was so drunk and wouldn't let me out. This made my paranoia even worse and I was sure they were going to murder me. I escaped at last, sans any shoes or a coat and I started to stagger home.

I thought I was quite near home but I was actually miles away. It got light and a man pulled up beside me, he was eldery and seemed quite benign and I think at the time I thought he was a cab driver. I jumped in and he actually did take me to my flat, I gave him the ?10.00 I had left and he drove off. I'll never know whether he was a cabbie.

He said it was awful to see a young girl out with no shoes on. The next day I woke up with cut and bruised feet and had to go to the local shops in my slippers to buy some more shoes as all mine were in work.

That should have been my wake-up call. It wasn't. But I often think about that night and how kind the old man had been, (a guardian angel really) Things could have turned out alot differently.

Kitty
                Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                Confucius

Comment

Drunk Again

gabby;149248 wrote: What I am NOT proud of is that I am sitting here chuckeling at all your stories. OK.....I'm lieing. I was laughing out loud. Isnt it sad that we all think this stuff is funny. Dont get me wrong guys....not judging here cuz I'm gonna be the first one to burst out with major laughter.
                  Why is this?
                  Nothing wrong w/laughing. Some of us may have to give up alcohol, but none of us has to give up our sense of humor.

Comment

Drunk Again

I think it is good to laugh about these things. It is nice to be sober and look at some of the things we have done. I have a million of them. I will post amy "drink or drown" story later when I get time.
                    bear
                    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Drunk Again

Once I went to this outdoor festival and got completely trashed. I made out with a friends ex boyfriend in front of an old friend from high schools mom. Then apparently I ran around and started yelling at small children. I walked home (it was still broad daylight) and ordered chinese food. I didn't know what I had done til the next day when some girlfriends came over to have that "talk" with me. I've never been more mortified. They stopped asking me to do things for a while. I think I still carry that rejection and hurt with me.

This was a few years back, I wonder if they still think about it as much as I do.

Comment

Drunk Again

cke123;149294 wrote: Once I went to this outdoor festival and got completely trashed. I made out with a friends ex boyfriend in front of an old friend from high schools mom. Then apparently I ran around and started yelling at small children. I walked home (it was still broad daylight) and ordered chinese food. I didn't know what I had done til the next day when some girlfriends came over to have that "talk" with me. I've never been more mortified. They stopped asking me to do things for a while. I think I still carry that rejection and hurt with me.

This was a few years back, I wonder if they still think about it as much as I do.
                        Nope. They don't. It's sad that we do that too ourselves. Sometimes, I think of stuff I did 10 years ago, and feel disgusted. I think learning to forgive ourselves is the biggest hurdle in winning this battle. I know I have a hard time doing it, and that is the one thing that always makes me fall off the wagon. Biker is right. Laughing about this is good to do. It's not like we are conding that behaviour. I'm pretty sure we are long past the point of making excuses. Probably better to laugh than feel guilty. We are not bad people. We just have done some really dumb things.
                        where does this go?

Comment

Drunk Again

adagirl;149242 wrote: Luckily, I don't remember my most embarassing moments. I know that I fall down a lot when I'm drunk. I like to get up on stage and dance/sing w/the band although I am a HORRIBLE dancer and singer. I don't know why they even indulge me. Probably because I'm so obnoxious when I'm drunk or maybe because its entertaining. If I am really tying one on, then I combine the two... getting up on stage AND falling down or falling off of it. My friends always say afterwards that we had so much fun, but I often wonder if they are just laughing at me behind my back.

Oh, I also eat really weird things when I'm drunk. I found half-eaten leftover spaghetti noodles w/ranch dressing and paremesian cheese on it one morning. Don't remember eating it, but apparently that was my midnight snack. Yuck!
                          adagirl, I could have written this same post. I have no idea why my friends encourage me. They always tell me I need to settle down, but seem to love when I'm plastered and acting like a jackass. I have also made some nasty ass meals at night. I've done exactly what you had, except I used Ramen, and put on some grated chedder. Nasty, nasty stuff.
                          where does this go?

Comment

Drunk Again

What's Ramen - I really MUST know - you have made it sound.... erm .... delicious ?
                            I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                            I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Drunk Again

hi guys im afraig to say im really not bein good 2nite, i hope not 2 have many embarassin stories 2 tell 2morr, not from 2nite anyway, i remembered loads more silly stories from past, hve 2 write more later, bf thimks im talkin to internet lovrs everytime i touch computer!!!!!!!!!!! hes goin bed soon, hope u all been better than i have, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Drunk Again

I think I have to post this for catharsis purposes. I have never told anyone and the scary part is I don't know if it is even true....big fear it is.
                                I was at a friend's house- maybe a pool party? The guy liked me but we were just friends.
                                We all drank for the majority of the day. I vaguely remember (later after most people had left) dancing on the coffee table. I was later told (by the friend and homeowner)that I was dancing naked!!! I could not remember much at all and was so mortified that I didn't ask any follow up questions. To this day I have no idea if I really did that or not - I think I prefer not to know. And that would so not be me .....I am normally quite modest.
                                ok...now you all know more about me than my closest friends and family ...yikes

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                                X