No more D1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more D1!

So I find myself back here again, on the eve of the day I gave up drinking in 2011.
    Tomorrow will be the D1 I started and gave up drinking for 2yrs.
    I need help, I need accountability and I need to stop.

Dont really know what else to say.

Hi Min and welcome back. 2 years is a great amount of af time so you know how good life will be. I cant and dont want to leave MWO, its my accountability place and feels like home now.

Can i ask what started you drinking again?
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hello again Available!
      I stupidly had a glass of wine at some birthday party. enjoyed the buzz and never stopped.

My levels have increased, and I drink hard liquor now more than vino (calories and the hit is quicker)

I returned to drinking after my second pregnancy - 3/4 to full bottle an evening. Then husband had a heart attach- jan 5th this year. Been drinking alot more since- block out the reality of the situation, the failing marriage- everything really.

Comment

The good thing Min is your back and your story will help someone here, it sure has me especially when i think that if i did have a wine i could control it though those thoughts are few and far between now.

The newbies nest is still a hub of activity and lots of regulars you will definitely remember.

I must say that being sober is just great, 3 years in December and cant look back on that one. Thought i would never ever stop the madness.

Congrats on your little one, he/she will keep you occupied for sure in the coming days and weeks. Sorry to hear about hubs, the stress of that in itself would have set you off drinking. Nothing like a lot of stress to bring al to the fore. Throw out all that al and glue yourself to here for those first 30 days at least.

Its lovely to have you back even though the circumstances arent great. x
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks for that Available.

You're doing so well!

Been to see GP and had a referral to a help centre. Have to drop son to nursery but will call them when I've done that.

I know I will be happier when I can nip this!

Thanks for the advise on Newbie nest- the thing goes to fast for me to keep up unfortunately!

Comment

Howdy Min! Great to see you again, of course I wish it was under better circumstances, but hey, you're back and fighting again, what can be better than that!

I know everything I could say would be things you've heard before, so I'm just going to say don't worry about anyone else right now, look after things that need looking after, but make this quit all about you! Don't try to please anyone else, just do it for you. You deserve a better life and you can get to that better life! Today is a great day for Day 1 and it's a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Welcome back Min
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I read here every day, and post at least weekly in the Sunday Shout out. That keeps me from drifting into denial. It took me over 4 years to quit, it is such a relief to be done for good.
                Last edited by Sunbeam; November 21, 2016, 11:39 AM.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Welcome back Min!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Min, welcome back. I fell after 6 years all it took was one glass too. It took me 2 years and 2 months to get back. Now on day 80 and feeling much brighter about the whole thing. Good to see you!

Comment

Thanks guys!
                      I am off to see the counsellor people tomorrow morning.
                      Well done everyone on your progress!

Comment

How's everything going Min? Thinking of you
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi min how doing you ? let us know, doesn't matter where your at as we can all relate.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                          X