The Music in your life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Music in your life

There are certain songs I hear which can just trigger so many different emotions and feelings; they can bring to the forefront happy or sad moments, memories which I buried from days gone by or memories I keep close to my skin, reliving them as they bring such inner peace which I want to hold onto. Anyone who is a lover of music can relate to this.

There are a few which always wretch at my heart strings..
    "The Very Thought of You" Billie Holiday
    "That's the Way Love Goes" Janet Jackson
    "Hurt" Johnny Cash
    "Home" Michael Buble
    "Feeling Love" Paula Cole
    "I Grieve" Peter Gabriel

"Bang Bang" Nancy Sinatra

"Song's for a Winters Night" and "Full of Grace" Sarah McLaughlan

"You Don't Know Me" Jann Arden

"The Woman in Me" Shania Twain

What songs stir you?

The Music in your life

GG- good thread. I'm gonna have to think about it a little though. (Too many to list them all).

Just wanted to comment that I find music can usually give me a kind of buzz or high similar, actually better than, alcohol, especially played loud while you are getting ready to go out to a social occasion (as a replacement for the 2 drinks you'd have while getting ready lol).

The flip side is that music and the associations combined with particular songs, can also trigger cravings, and/or depression. (at least for me)
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

The Music in your life

beatle;149153 wrote: GG- good thread. I'm gonna have to think about it a little though. (Too many to list them all).

Just wanted to comment that I find music can usually give me a kind of buzz or high similar, actually better than, alcohol, especially played loud while you are getting ready to go out to a social occasion (as a replacement for the 2 drinks you'd have while getting ready lol).

The flip side is that music and the associations combined with particular songs, can also trigger cravings, and/or depression. (at least for me)
      For me as well. I was just listening to some songs which makes me want to actually go out and do something crazy, in a fun way. You'll probably laugh at these one's I was listening to..

Comment

The Music in your life

GG;149162 wrote: For me as well. I was just listening to some songs which makes me want to actually go out and do something crazy, in a fun way. You'll probably laugh at these one's I was listening to..
        DO TELL WHICH SONGS MAKE YOU WANT TO GO CRAZY GIRL .

Robert

Comment

The Music in your life

Robert Smith;149170 wrote: DO TELL WHICH SONGS MAKE YOU WANT TO GO CRAZY GIRL .

Robert
          Okay, you asked for it...I was just listening to

"Shake That" Eminem
          "Candy Shop" and "Just a Lil Bit" 50 Cent
          "Human Nature" Madonna
          "Naughty Girl" Beyonce
          "Smile" Lily Alan
          "Im a Slave for You" Vintage Britney
          "Mesmerize" JaRule
          "Gett Off" Prince...
          "Love Dont Love Me" JT
          "Comin up from Behind" Marcy Playground

(I'm shaking my head now..I'm horrible)

Comment

The Music in your life

GG;149174 wrote: Okay, you asked for it...I was just listening to

"Shake That" Eminem
            "Candy Shop" and "Just a Lil Bit" 50 Cent
            "Human Nature" Madonna
            "Naughty Girl" Beyonce
            "Smile" Lily Alan
            "Im a Slave for You" Vintage Britney
            "Mesmerize" JaRule
            "Gett Off" Prince...
            "Love Dont Love Me" JT
            "Comin up from Behind" Marcy Playground

(I'm shaking my head now..I'm horrible)
            Me thinks you watta be naughty not crazy listening to that stuff

Comment

The Music in your life

Me thinks you think to much..

Comment

The Music in your life

GG;149178 wrote: Me thinks you think to much..
                Me thinks you are correct in that assumption.

Robert

Comment

The Music in your life

Carly Simon-Give me all the night. It's kinnda my theme song, makes me happy.
                  When I am in a reflective mood Andrea Bocelli- Time to Say Goodbye.
                  When I am silly- Bangles/ GO Go's anything. Walk like an Egyptian or We got the beat. This is funny when my daughter was small she thought the song was walk like a magician!
                  Smiles
                  Mar

Comment

The Music in your life

simeybear;149236 wrote: Carly Simon-Give me all the night. It's kinnda my theme song, makes me happy.
                    When I am in a reflective mood Andrea Bocelli- Time to Say Goodbye.
                    When I am silly- Bangles/ GO Go's anything. Walk like an Egyptian or We got the beat. This is funny when my daughter was small she thought the song was walk like a magician!
                    Smiles
                    Mar
                    My baby girl loves anything by Jack Johnson or Ashley Tissdale..she loves those two! She bops her little baby butt up and down, it's cute.

Comment

The Music in your life

I'm so old I don't even know some of those newer songs but my all time more serene faves would be

The Prayer Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli version they are both dreamy
                      If You Could Read My Mind Gordon Lightfoot
                      Me and Bobby McGee Janis Joplin
                      Tupelo Honey Van Morrison
                      Lady Blue Leon Russel
                      Moon Dance Van Morrisson
                      Baby I love You Aretha Franklin
                      Overjoyed Stevie Wonder
                      Febraury Song Josh Groban
                      If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

The Music in your life

I have so many songs in my head it is unreal. All day long every day I find songs to fit the situation I am in. Like my boss tells me its my decision to do somehting and in my head I am hearing "that's why I'm leaving it up to you". I do this same thing all day every day.
                        Boy, I am weird huh
                        bear
                        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

The Music in your life

Red Red Wine - UB40
                          White Lines - Grandmaster Flash
                          Smoke Two Joints - The Toyes

Yeah, I'm in a funny mood today. Sublime made a remake of 'Smoke Two Joints' and I heard it on the radio the other day. I grew up in Hawaii and that was a popular song in my high school days. My brother loved that song... kinda his theme song. LOL

Comment

The Music in your life

Bear,
                            I'm like you. I'll say to my husband "doesn't it remind you of that song *****" and he doesn't remember it because he was a musical composition major in college/grad school and had his nose buried in the classical stuff and lost about 10 years of pop culture, so he says "sing it for me", and I'm like no way you are ropin' me into that again.......
                            If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

The Music in your life

Adagirl,

you are in a funny mood - I'd have to bleep bleep out certain words or you'll get me to thinkin....... mmmmm......... I'll have some of that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                              I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                              X