One Step at a Time-December 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time-December 2016

Hey all,can't believe it's December already! Feel like I'm in a time warp,I love our little group, let's make this a happy, peaceful, positive month
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Thanks for starting Pauly. I'm on board for a great peaceful positive month. Have a great one guys.

Comment

Morning all. Happy December!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy December!!! I posted this morning on the November Thread. :-)

Comment

Had a good day here. Did some gift wrapping and made my parents a family calendar for 2017 which is usually a huge deal. Today I was just glad to be busy. Poor Joe came by tonight and is starting with a cold. I guess too much party for him too. He shared that his sister in law had a miscarriage last week and had to wait until Monday to have a D&C. She went through thanksgiving and the engagement party with all that going on. They are heartbroken.
          Hope you all enjoyed your day. I went back over to the November thread to post and wondered why no one had posted! Sweet dreams my loves.
          Last edited by Lizann; December 1, 2016, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Glad you had a busy day Liz we we're pretty busy at work too,speaking of lost pregnancies I was just thinking this morning driving to work that Kell would have been at 6 months now I guess stuff happens for a reason, still hard though, hope everyone is having a nice night

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just stopping in to say hi to all of you! I am doing great for the most part. Drinking has really become a non issue to me. It still amazes me that I could never imagine a day without drinking and now I barely think about it.

My puppy is getting big, he is 8 months now and truly a blessing. I got him right before I kicked my roommate out and he has really helped emotionally thru this process of getting on with life. I don't know what I would have done without my buddy.

I hope you are all having a blessed holiday season. I am binging on Hallmark Christmas movies (I think I read a couple of you are too. I love them!

Just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate you. You all keep me grounded and I don't know where I would be without you and this site.

Tomorrow is Friday!!!! Yay!!! I have got to get some Christmas shopping done this weekend. So far I have only bought things for myself:egad:

Catch you all later. And techie you are in my prayers. I hope that your treatments are speedy and recovery is quick.

Much love to all of you.
              Last edited by red67; December 1, 2016, 09:21 PM.
              AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Wonderful to see you Red

Comment

Hi, been a pretty good week.. Not AF, but reasonable. Last night was our annual Ladies Night where we raise money for Adopt a Family. Raised over $10,000. For $10 at the door you got appetizers and cheap wine but more importantly, fellowship. It was a nice evening.

Dh works at our church on Wed where they serve lunch to the poor. He came home with 15 doz eggs that we need to boil & peel for next Wed. Well, that caused a party to be planned. Invited 2 couples over to help on Sunday and Dh will make spaghetti for everyone. It just goes on and on. Mon nite is Happy Bday nite for Dec, Tues nite is neighborhood party, Thurs nite is Tree Lighting party.

Bet everyone is busy. See many of you shopping. Reminds me I need to get to mall to buy ornaments for granddaughters. Last year I did at last minute, purchased and had pkg ready & stood in line at post office for 1-1/2 hrs. 5 days b4 Christmas & there was one clerk. Say what? She had a great sense of humor which lightened the mood.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
                  The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hey all, TMH,you are a busy woman! I'd die with that much going on but it does sound fun I wonder where our friend Aihfl is? Liz,thanks for adding me on FB again I need to reclaim my lost people including my dad just been too busy to get to everyone, the pics are lovely. I need to quit smoking!!! Everytime I do I get a spike of anxiety for about 10 minutes no bueno! Was saying on the daily thread that I wish my packages would get here cuz people be stealing them off peeps porches all over town!,they're ballsy about it too,hello to Rusty,Nora,Nursie everyone else I'm forgetting, threads kinda shrunk hope everyone has a wonderful AF Friday

Comment

Hello everyone. Happy Friday. It's hubby & my 39th anniversary. No plans but will have a nice weekend.
                      What is everyone else up to?
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Anniversary Nora,what's on the agenda for tonight?

Comment

Mr. & Mrs. NoraC!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you for all the congrats. It's so funny but we didn't do anything tonight. We've both been doing our own thing. Hubby has not been feeling well and I had bills to pay, washed Mom's hair and then helped her bathe. She is laying down now & I doubt that she will get up again tonight.
                            But, even though tonight was spent on mundane tasks, we do celebrate each other regularly. We send each other e-mails & texts telling each other that we love the other one, thank each other for the daily grind. So, it's ok that we didn't go out on the town tonight.
                            Oh - I got a Mr & Mrs Clause stand up lifesize cutout for my birthday. We had a blast playing with it last night. We laughed & laughed. We were posing with our faces in the face holes & hubby ran & got cotton balls to put on his mustache. One time I had my head tilted the complete wrong direction. It is fun.

Son has to do his morgue duty tomorrow. And, ironically, my nieces very good friend was in court today. Her parents were severely & permanently injured by a drunk driver in 2015. Today was the the sentencing. He faces up to 42 years. Has to serve 85% of the time.
                            So - it's a very harsh reminder of what can happen. All those lives forever changed.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

My MWO looks weird again, I don't know what button I'm pushing I or what setting I'm messing with just wanted to say hi and Nora that sounds like a fun night, I laughed at the cotton ball mustache

Comment

Working...
                              X