No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time-December 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Nora! I will pray for them as soon as I finish posting here. What a sad situation. I pray the treatments can cure him completely. Xoxo
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

Welcome, SoCali!! We are a lively and supportive bunch here on this thread. So glad you have joined us. It sounds like you are rocking the AF life already...amazing, and Congratulations!!

Nora-how sad about your cousin's husband. YES, I will pray for their family.

Liz-sounds like you had a fun day...making soup and baking cookies. Very Norman Rockwell! :-) Regarding your co-worker, Ann, who chronically calls in "sick." When she asks if you would mind working for her, tell her very kindly, "No, Ann, I am sorry I cannot accommodate you...I have family plans on that day." Don't make it so easy for her to call in sick. I think part of the reason why she does call in sick or asks to switch days is because she knows you will say "yes. " She will stop asking you once you say "no" two or three times.

Nursie-great to see you! Wow, you are doing well in your sobriety! Congratulations!

Pauly-I ignore the people on the Meds Thread. You are right...a few people on there like to argue for the sake of arguing. I think it's because they are very lonely, disturbed people. I ignore people like that who post on our thread as well.;-)

Glassie:yay: How are you feeling, love? How exciting to celebrate Christmas with your new granddaughter.

Cowboy-I am sorry to hear that your daughter has not come around yet and you won't see her at Christmas. I am sure you have written letters to her, apologizing for the negative impact your drinking had on her. I wrote letters to each of my family members and friends, apologizing for my drinking and the times I acted strangely or showed up drunk to family events. They went a long way as far as them forgiving me. We have all moved on, thankfully. I pray you and your daughter will become close again.

Big hellos and hugs to: Skendall, AG, TMH, Aihfl, Mr. G, and anyone I missed. Happy AF Thursday!!!
      Last edited by Rusty; December 22, 2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Hey all,Nora I'm so sorry for your cousins hubs that's terrible, prayers for them,Rusty,I know better than to gander,ignore from now on,I just wonder what they get from arguing? To each their own I guess,power keeps flickering from the rain so I'll post this quick, wishing us all a happy AF Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nora , so very sad about your cousin. I will definitely be praying for them. I just don't get life sometimes you know. Especially sad this time of year.

Rusty always glad to see your posts! Yes a very Norman Rockwell y kind of day. Once I got started I couldn't stop. Thanks for the advice about Ann. I will do that. A part of me thinks there should be a per diem to cover us and maybe the unit needs to function without one or the other of us to figure that out. We have suggested it. Ann and I just have a different work ethic. I still haven't responded to her text.

Woke up a little nauseous and with a headache, so I'm kinda dragging today. What's up with this? Anyway, happy AF Thursday!

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
            SoCali - glad to have you posting here.
            May I be one of the first to congratulate you on your appointment

Regards

Bacman
            I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
            Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Woke up a little nauseous and with a headache, so I'm kinda dragging today. What's up with this?
              Liz-could you be pregnant?? Wow, imagine that!! It's like "Father of the Bride 2!" So now we know what you did on your last cruise. You sly fox, you!!! LOL

Comment

Feel better Liz.

At work on my phone but wanted to check in
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ooopppsss...how rude of me! Liz, my dear, please feel better soon! I can't do anything when I am sick to my stomach!

Hi Nora!! Did hubs like his b-day celebration?

Comment

Hi guys, was he site down his morning? I could NOT get on at all!
                    Please make sure you are all registered at the back up site in case it does ever go down again.
                    Love yous!!!!
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Nursie - I'm definitely signed up on the Facebook temp MWO site. Got to stay in touch with my friends here. I think that they were doing maintenance on this site this morning though. I think that's why you couldn't get on?????????????
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                        Liz-could you be pregnant?? Wow, imagine that!! It's like "Father of the Bride 2!" So now we know what you did on your last cruise. You sly fox, you!!! LOL
                        OMG rusty, that is too funny!! I actually have nightmares about being pregnant and it is a recurring one. I'm going to have to google and see what it means. Haha, can't stop laughing!!!
                        Feeling much better tonight. Took some Advil and had hubby give me an adjustment.

Comment

Hope you all had a good Thursday. Managed to accomplish everything on my to do list for these past three days. Actually a nice day here today so I managed a walk outside too. Eating way too many Christmas goodies already.
                          Mark is on the couch here in the tv room sound asleep. He's been working so hard and long, poor little thing(actually he's a big thing). Such is the life of a grown up.
                          Nothing else really going on here. Is everyone ready for the weekend? Have a good night!

Comment

Sorry but I had to laugh at the Father of the bride 2 joke haha! Wouldn't that be something, I love that movie jeez,Kell and Louie came over and he was balling his eyes out,I asked what the heck was going on and Kell said that he was accusing her of cheating AGAIN cuz her passenger side seat was pulled all the way back...seriously? He was the last one to sit there and probably pulled it back all the way to fit his fat gut in! I was livid,Louie doesn't need this drama it made me sad so stupid to fight in front of him over nothing and get him all crying, especially when he was supposed to be going to get his picture taken with Santa at 5,I'm pissed.oh and Michelle's Hustler that she posed for awhile back came today,I had the girls leaf through just so i

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Not sure what that was? Anyways I wanted to see Michelle's face ONLY,sheesh,what a day

Comment

X post Pauly! I'd be mad too, upsetting Louie like that. Did they go for the pictures anyway? Give that little guy some hugs and make it all better. May I ask what he calls you?
                                I need to figure out what I want baby W to call me:congratulatory:

Comment

Working...
                                X