Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After quitting, how do you feel after a while?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really hoping to get more energy after I quit that’s the main thing, plus some libido which I feel is sadly lacking at the end of the day for me. Morning is a little different but I think I’ve not been sleeping deeply for years and I spend the whole day tired.

I’ve never drank in the morning and I would class myself as a normal drinker who liked to get drunk every weekend plus a few extra times. I could also drink a moderate amount mid week (e.g. attending a pub quiz for few pints then home), but if I was off the next day it could be a late one followed by a hangover.

Does anyone know how long it takes for non drinking to be the norm and the body adjust accordingly?
    Thanks very much
    k
    :welldone:

For me it was about 6 months, but I understand it can take up to 2 years for the brain to become " normal" again. By normal I do not mean you can drink again, I just mean the brain has fully recovered after 2 years from the damage.

Give it time and make some changes in your life. Don't rush it.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I think you will notice some changes after the first few few days clear of booze you will start to feel a mental clarity. I noticed some physical changes after a couple of weeks eg skin and hair started looking better, I felt less bloated. At 90 days my energy is much better and my mind is easier to control ie mood swings. Good luck Scot

Comment

I quit cold Turkey from heavy. 10+ beers/day and cigarettes. Have done this a few time's. I would be getting bloodwork checked by doc, Valium as backup incase and a good megadose vit B twice daily with food + good meals and protein. Get rid of coffee,sugar, crappy preservative foods and stick to water. I drink rainwater ATM last few months .You will feel like crap the first 2 weeks and won't want to do much and feel pretty irritable.

This week I've exercised twice going to gym and doing HIIT .Even though I didn't want to go, It has helped with sleep too. This should hurry the brain fog clearing up along with 2g of fish oil with food as well. Have read articles relating to excercise and fish oil to help regrow white brain cells .All is going well and I wish to do everything I can to help myself and am alot clearer than I was first 3 days but still feel a bit unmotivated and tired. I may put some swimming in too
        Last edited by Neo; December 2, 2016, 12:43 AM.

Comment

I feel fkn great at 111 days. I exercise daily and immerse myself in nature, which I reckon has a helluva lot to do with my generally peaceful relaxed mood. Doing something i love as often as i can also helps keep me sane, along with a feeling of reasonable balance.

Go forth fearlessly Kevin.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
          X