Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewards for ME (because I deserve them, man!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewards for ME (because I deserve them, man!)

Ok all...I am still wet behind the ears with being AF (15 days here...) but I am SO filled with hope and excitement for my future and I am going to plan REWARDS for myself for each month I am AF with a DOOZIE for my one year anniversary, next November! That one is already set - I am going to go on a week long vacation somewhere amazing over the Thanksgiving Holiday. But! In between now and then, I shall have 11 milestone months to celebrate and am looking for some fun ways to reward myself each month. Even though y'all don't know me from ADAM, tell me what your rewards to yourself might be - even if you give me an idea that may not resonate with me, it could get my creative little mind rolling at least! After all, I've got 11 more to think up, with the first being December 28th!!! :happy2:

Oh, and PS? Don't suggest a weekend at a beer festival, or a train ride through the wine country. BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well you sound happy Socali ,

My rewards to myself was just getting my upside down life back on track, nearly there but still work to do, Its great that your planning escapes away and its what ever makes you happy, you do.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Oh i bought an electric toothbrush and a new bra. I never could afford either with my drinking habit so they were first cabs off the rank.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

You're sounding wonderfully happy SoCal!
        What a great idea!
        The trip sounds wonderful. I like to sock some money away that I would have spent on drinking. It would be nice to give myself a spa treatment, buy a new book, hire a housekeeper, buy a new outfit, anything healthy really!
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

SoCalii bought myself stuff at milestones, some nice,expensive face wash for a 30 day treat, some cute boots when I hit 100,etc I think it's great to reward ourselves with things we couldn't afford while wasting money on poison
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I do at least one service call per month ($75.00 value) without any charge, for a senior, I know I'm not buying something for me, but doing it makes me feel like I'm giving back and I spent a lot more than that on booze per month!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great plan SoCali, I may just adopt that myself! I had thought of buying myself a special piece of jewellry that had some association with quitting when I reach say 6 months sober
              One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Well, since I used to go out to restaurants ALL the time (and eat and drink...) I figure I'm saving a BUNDLE by only going out once in a while, and skipping the most expensive part of the meal (the WINE...). Frequently the meal itself would be $15.00 but 3 glasses of wine would push the bill WELL over $50.00 (and I was doing that at least 3 or 4 times per week). In ADDITION, to the bottles (and bottles...and BOTTLES...) of wine for when I got home (because certainly, 3 glasses of wine weren't enough! I had to drink until I passed out, after all!!! HA! Anyway, I am going to sock away at least $100.00 per week towards my rewards (with the bulk of that going towards my trip next year...) but I also HATE my upper eyelids (I used to have nice almond shaped eyes but now my eyelids are all droopy and GROSS!) so, getting my eyelids fixed just might be my 6 month reward... )

I like the idea of a cute pair of new boots too, and maybe a massage for one of the months!

Abcowboy - I wish I were more giving like you are! Here I'm being all selfish thinking about what I can do for ME ME ME, and YOU are doing whats truly important...giving something good for someone else! KUDOS to you! Maybe someday I'll get better at helping others but right now....? NAH, it's all about me. BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the input you all! So Cali out on my "sweet 16" day of being AF. BOO-YA!

Comment

Sounds like a plan SoCali
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

My reward to myself was getting my self-esteem back. That was what I really wanted the most

I did use my $$ savings to spoil my 3 grandkids & that just made me happy
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

omg, omg, OMG Lav - THANK YOU for this post!!! I try to remind myself each and every day that being AF is only going to enhance my life, my health, my brain, ALL of my organs, and I know as I continue on this journey, I too will get more and more self esteem! You are SOOOOO right though in that I should be praising myself NOW about the positive changes in myself due to truly being committed to being AF. Sadly, right now, I'm also in the midst of dealing with the HELL that is an aging parent with Alzheimers who has been living with me for the last 5 weeks (GREAT time to quit drinking...HA!). I am diligently searching for local homes close to me to put her in because she needs 24/7 care (and I am that for her about 80% of the time right now which is taking a HUGE toll on me) but, my point is, once I get her into an awesome place where my entire world won't be revolving around her and her care, I will be MUCH better equipped to sit down with myself and start patting my own back for the internal changes and improvements, in addition to the external ones. I guess for now, dealing with all I have going on, a "physical" reward (massage, pair of shoes, relaxing mani-pedi...) are much easier to "think" about and look forward to.

Anyway, as ALWAYS, I type too much (and WAY too fast...) and need to get back to work but wanted to say thanks Lav for giving me another VERY important and POSITIVE consequence for my becoming AF. My self esteem, which is most definitely coming back! I'm proud of myself for the first time in awhile. That too feels really good. )
                      Last edited by SoCali; December 14, 2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Not to worry SoCali, my first year it was all about me as well! I did try to give back where I could, but I needed me time first...
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Socali,
                          Wow so fab to hear you bursting with positivity. Awesome.

For my first year I brought my self a white gold and diamond eternity ring. Well DH wasn't going to buy it, he was still too mad at me for being such a hopeless drunk for so long.
                          And the second year I had it reset in platinum! I've saved hundreds a month by not drinking. I was such a lush.
                          Rewards are so good for your soul. You keep pattting yourself on the back and do what ever makes you happy and keeps you sober. I'm all for love, love, me,
                          Abc, I love the idea of giving time back for free. That is so Lovely and very humble and meant in the nicest way possible way. I hope you reflect on how brilliantly you have done. I often take time to remind myself how bloody awful it was, especially towards the end. But I'm going to try your suggestions of meditating Socali.
                          And yes Lav, self respect and self esteem are the best rewards.
                          My biggest reward is that my two small grandsons have never seen me drunk.
                          And never will. I've finally well and truly got it!
                          Socali, great to hear you are doing so well xx
                          I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Working...
                          X