Keep It Real Over the "Silly Season"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep It Real Over the "Silly Season"

Greetings to all MWO-ers, new and not-so-new!

This is a time of year when our resolve to stay quit can be sorely tried and tested. So many reasons/excuses to drink, and often more time to do it in. I urge anyone who is thinking of drinking, to consider the cost of doing so. Christmas and New Years are emotionally charged, we can get frazzled, and relationships that aren't positive can take a troublesome turn.

DRINKING WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS MORE EMOTIONAL, MORE OF AN ORDEAL, and SET US BACK.

I will NOT drink, not now, not ever!

Take good care everyone,
    love,
    Steady
    AF free since April 29, 2013

Thank you steadfast. I shall have my plan in place & my escape plan in ready to go position.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hey steady, lovely to see you. I am spending xmas with the kids and there is no way in hell they would let me drink and i dont want too, so its a win win situation for me and im designated driver. How times have changed!
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks Steadfast, good post, we need to all be mindful of 'just the one because its Christmas' mentality!!!
        One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
          Hey steady, lovely to see you. I am spending xmas with the kids and there is no way in hell they would let me drink and i dont want too, so its a win win situation for me and im designated driver. How times have changed!
          Hi Ava!

It's good to be talking to you. Yes, haven't things changed?! I'll be designated driver tomorrow, too - ho ho ho!! It won't be an easy day, but knowing that at the end of it I'll still be clear-headed is a priceless reward.

Have a lovely day with your kids.

cheers,
          Steady
          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hi Steady! Yep, plans in place and excited for a sober and truly happy christmas

Comment

Working...
            X