Update on me Drifty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on me Drifty

I know I rarely come here anymore but I thought that I would post an update. I have a pt job now which is helping pay some bills, but still need to get a better job. Still sober though and enjoying it. I did lose my Grandma in August due to comp. to COPD. It was hard, but I did not drink. I know she was proud of me for becoming sober, and I know drinking would not bring her back. I turned 30 yesterday and although I have to wait until next week to celebrate it (when I get the funds to do it) I know that I will be sober and not hungover the next day.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Good to see you Drifty and congratulations! So sorry to hear about your Grandma. And a belated Happy Birthday!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Good to see you Alison!

Sorry to hear of your grand ma's passing. Yep, I bet she'd be super proud of you.

Happy birthday! :balloons::celebrate::spin::dancin:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Great to see you Alison .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Lovely to see your post Drifty. Sorry about your loss xo
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Drifty, it is SO good to see you! I am thrilled to hear that you are still sober! I cant tell you how often I have thought of you. We miss you around here! Im so sorry about the loss of your Grandmother, that will be a process to work thru. We are thinking of you and wish you all the best! Dont be a stranger! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Drifty,
              Merry Christmas and thanks for checking in. Life does keep improving without alcohol though it is never perfect. Take care
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi there - so glad to hear you are doing well. :heart:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                X