No announcement yet.

A Wish: I Wish and Hope that you all have a happy and peaceful holiday season -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Wish: I Wish and Hope that you all have a happy and peaceful holiday season -

A Wish: I Wish and Hope that you all have a happy and peaceful holiday season -with or without alcohol.

The majority of my Christmas eves and Christmas days were filled with alcohol -from the age 15 to 48. Those alcohol fueled days and nights ended about four years ago and I am grateful beyond any words that I could share.
    Odds are, if you are still a heavy drinker today, you will drink tomorrow. This is ok -trust me. Please just do not hurt any other person in the process like I used to do. The hurt that I caused; I would just leave and go into private mode. No one would see or know where I was until later that evening. Alcoholism is such a VERY HARMFUL, SAD, and LONELY disease to the drinker and the family, and. it just does not HAVE to be this WAY.

Once the alcohol is finally removed from your life, your perspective on life changes. Myself, as a non-christian, I no longer judge or discriminate against those that are. I am now, alcohol free, able to see clearly that we all share different different beliefs and opinions and that is just the way that that it is supposed to be. How boring life would be if we were all the same -right?

On Christmas day, I do my very best to share in the love and companionship of my family and friends. I no longer am concerned with whether I am right or wrong; instead, I simply sit back and listen to others sharing their memories of yesteryear and I try to learn from those speaking.

I sincerely wish for Peace and Understanding that we all have available to each of us ---tonight and tomorrow ---and beyond. The freedom to live a happy life that is not full of fear is what Christmas represents to me.

Peace to YOU ALL,

Wilson1

I am asking, please, for others to share their holiday memories with or without alcohol. Thank you.
    Last edited by Wilson1; December 24, 2016, 08:40 PM.

I was just telling the nest that 11 years ago tomorrow, I fell down the neighbors steps and broke my tailbone in 2 places and cracked 3 ribs. Of course I was loaded. To this day I have trouble with my hip as a result of that fall.
    Tomorrow I will visit neighbors houses, the first one at 10 in the morning. In my drinking days, Id have been drunk by the time I got there in the morning. And prayed I could hold myself together all day and not pass out or be too obvious about being drunk. What an exhausting way to live. Living a lie. Lies to myself, lies to people I love. Just awful. I love my life now. Its much simpler and purer. I appreciate what I have and what I don't have..... a drinking problem, AS long as I dont drink!
    Merry Christmas to all! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

The last Christmas I was drinking was a nightmare for me even though I did not know it at the time, I thought it was all normal carry on :-(

Went on to cause major trouble with family & then partner, thought I did nothing wrong as per usual. Caused lots of hurt and damage but thankfully that was my last Christmas dunking nearly eight years ago, I happy to remember it as I don't want ever to forget one of the reasons why I stopped.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
      X