Join the Army Against Alcohol - January '17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning AAAers,
    Never had to use my phone. I find it hard enough sending a message...
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Tis hard I tell ya

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
        Tis hard I tell ya
        But we're glad you do.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well there's quiet and then there's the Army.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Got a doctor's note?

Its something I've noticed happening towards then end of a month for a while.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good evening all. Manic Monday for me. but glad to be busy - no Booze thoughts! The weekend was tricky - but made it through! Hope you're feeling better Molly. Have a good evening all. Bless.

Comment

Evening ladies, sorry your not feeling good Molly dear. Cant stop long, dinner nearly ready then I am off up to my mindfulness/meditation class. During last weeks class it was described as 'befriending ones self' Sounds just what a newly clean alcho needs to relearn, for self esteem isn't very high on my list of attributes if truth be told.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Think we run out of steam. January feels about a year long.

Hey, Martha.............well done on those 9 days. :thumbsup:
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Xpost Martha, well done on getting through the weekend. They get easier I reckon. For me I needed to get into my head that the weekend was no different to any other day really. More time to do things I enjoy maybe, and poisoning myself is definitely off of the menu.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                      Evening ladies, sorry your not feeling good Molly dear. Cant stop long, dinner nearly ready then I am off up to my mindfulness/meditation class. During last weeks class it was described as 'befriending ones self' Sounds just what a newly clean alcho needs to relearn, for self esteem isn't very high on my list of attributes if truth be told.
                      I like the sound of that............I'm of the impression that there are many of us here with little or no self esteem. I'm still working on mine............have some terrible lows sometimes.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening.
                        Self esteem, confidence, faith.. wouldnt it be great if we could just download it..:happy2:

Night night all X
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning everyone.

Last day of a particularly bollixy month that I will not be sorry to say bye bye to. And yes it has been so very looooooong.

Yep I think for us alkies self confidence and loving ourselves comes low on the list in many cases. Probably cos we checked out when others were learning that stuff.

Was talking to my bro about stressful worklives, he thinks that businesses all over are stressful and most are feeling it which is kinda comforting in a way. Also we discussed about having a boring job which I had many years ago which was equally soul destroying. Like most things in my life there is no middle way. If I had to choose, I would definitely choose the job I have now which is telling.

Well done Martha for your 9 days. A good solid start to an amazing journey!

Comment

Molls, sorry you are feeling poorly. Are you better today? Wassup?

Comment

Mornings

Comment

Another long drive today & rain expected,

Hope you Molly & Starty get better & stronger soon, just remember no matter what we're going through it will pass, n don't forget to love yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X