No announcement yet.

Join the Army Against Alcohol - January '17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to go folks, have a good positive happy day.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning workers, poorly bairns and AAAers far and wide.

In work today and everything I learned last week has flown out of my brain and the notes I made might as well have been written in Chinese the sense they make.

Here's a wee thought do you think us alkies want to be perfect in everything we do and when it doesn't we blame ourselves..........where as most people will learn from their mistakes and move on?
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning AAA'ers
        Yes Jacks I do believe perfectionism is part of it.
        For instance, I am writing this f*cking essay about the Spartans Warriors :confusion: - I can't just write it - it has to be PERFECT.
        And it's driving me nuts.

If anyone has any insight into Spartans & how their warfare tactics translate into 21 century - please send me links.

Comment

Afternoon folks, perfection yep me too absolutely, almost looks like ocd, my having to get everything right, at times I am told. The other side of that coin is the satisfaction I get from doing a job, be it a project in work or building something in the garden, and looking at it with a little pride at a job I consider well done.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Evening.

There's so many articles about it on the tinterweb:eek-new:

Perfection can be a slippery slope. Waiting until something is perfect could very well have you missing out on what’s occurring right now, and set you up to feel like a failure over and over.

Got me thinking of a few years ago I made a red velvet cake on Christmas Eve.............it didn't turn out to my liking so I chucked it the bin and made a new one. Must have been 2am when I got to bed covered in icing sugar and blobs of cake mix.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Perfectionism is a thief! I passed up so many opportunities to do or learn new things because I wasn't sure ahead of time that I could do them perfectly. Not doing them at all seemed safer. And the problem is, when perfect becomes the new adequate, which it did for me long ago, there is no where to go but down. There is infinite space for disappointment and none for achievement and pride. Thankfully, we mature out of most of that but I know I still have to stay aware of my tendencies and be content with (and even proud of!) 'good enough'.

Comment

Finished the fecking essay. Took all day but it's done
                Probably could have done it in half the time - but had to get it 100% right :hanging:.

Comment

Well done on the essay Satz..

I was going to slightly disagree on perfectionism, until JC mention the cake - I can't count how many times I have chucked out a cake and started again! ..and thinking about it, there are particular areas in my life that I am extremely fussy on (presentation, pleasing others etc I'm prob anal) - but then there are lots of things that I'm quite laid back about.
                  Can I be a part time perfectionist?

(for the record, I have read this 3 times and corrected all spelling mistakes, never mind the 5 minutes wasted trying to find the rolly eyes ).
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

There's so many articles about it on the tinterweb:eek-new:
                    Focus on Progress Not Perfection — Tony Horton Life
                    Semi naked pop up man alert
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                    X