X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - January 2017

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

We just celebrated New Year's with New York. Now I don't have to stay up until midnight. :rotlf:

Thank you all for being with me as we step into 2017. Let's all make it a good one.
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Steppers!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy New year, Nora,I briefly watched the ball drop in NY on CNN and fell asleep haha! I'm wishing for a great year for all of us here
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR STEPPERS !!

Comment

Happy New Year Steppers!
            Xoxoxo
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Is this the monthly thread? If so im in for jan!

Comment

Thank you Nora, for being here for many years!... Your such a loving & beautiful spirit!...

So happy, to hear your sober & doing well!.. Taking a chance to see if it's OK to post here. I understand if you & your group don't want. I think I'll ask Army. Saw a post from Mollers to say just ask.:heartbeat: Don't want to disrupt your group~bond!...

Hope Kradle, Zenny, K9 , MB, dottie anyone I forget to mention are well!.... :hug: Read back & saw Oney popped in for a bit. I honestly, truly hope she comes back!... Miss her & others lots!..

Happy New Year, I hope...
                Last edited by Wildflowers; January 1, 2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

This thread is open to anybody Wildflower and Jkm,the more the merrier
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wildflower, would love to have you hang out here with us. Anyone is welcome. Like Pauly says the more the merrier!

Happy New Year! I'm glad we all made it through unscathed! I had such a good time yesterday celebrating at the engagement party and then at hubby's cousins house. I couldn't really eat much but thankfully felt ok. It was so nice to catch up with everyone and just literally laughed all night! Looking forward to a happy healthly sober 2017 with all of you! :love:

Comment

Wildflowers!! Yes post here!
                      I try to keep up here and in the newbies nest but I like to read everywhere and pipe in when I can.
                      Welcome back JK! I don't think I know you but hiya! I'm Nursie!
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Everyone is Welcome!! Please join us. We would absolutely love having people join us on this journey. :heartbeat:
                        Last edited by NoraC; January 1, 2017, 05:50 PM.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy New Year everyone.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful New Year's day. Haven't done anything productive today and I'm ok with that. I was asleep by a little after 11:00 last night and slept in until 10:00. We had the fireworks and guns going off but I don't really remember it after I went to bed. Hubby said it was bad though.

We are fixing Boboli pizza for dinner. Sounded like a good dinner. I'm still trying to finish the breakfast dishes.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome. Think, liked & didn't thank all posts. xo

Same here Nora. Fireworks. First year in many stayed up, Mr W. sleeping. Watched J-Lo kick it..

Love Pizza, my fave since kid. Made one a long bit back. Have a freebie from speciality place, must use. Now get my head out of that. Homemade soup isn't sounding as tasty.
                            Last edited by Wildflowers; January 1, 2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

NoSugar told me yesterday that I have a full calendar year behind me! I never thought of it like that. It was a good thought. I had to go to the grocery store yesterday. Everywhere I looked, there was alcohol. Big bottle of expensive tequila, many different displays of champagne. In my face. And it did bother me. But, the difference is that it bothered me as a passing thought. It didn't last much longer than oh - I want a bottle of champagne, I miss it and I want it and then it immediately flipped to - yeah right, it would NEVER be a glass or even two. It never was and it never will be. And, then the thought was gone.
                              I never want to feel like that again. I never want to wake up with that sick feeling - physical & mental. That is not who I am now.

Just felt like sharing that. Don't know why but it was a big deal to me standing in the store next to hubby. He didn't even realize all this flashed thru my head. The person in front of us buying that huge bottle, us standing in line right next to a display of champagne, me having that thought and then looking at the size of the champagne bottle and then looking at the magnum of champagne. Just knowing that that I didn't want that.
                              Last edited by NoraC; January 1, 2017, 07:53 PM. Reason: typos
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                              X