No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusty, you are always such a ray of sunshine! Connecticut, that's close to my neck of the woods. Sorry to say this, but the traffic there is always an issue. We do not enjoy driving there!

Nora, sorry things aren't great by you right now. Hang in there. Glassy is right, you've got to put your mask on first. I know how upsetting it is when the kids fight. I'm sure your mom has been to the doctor, can they prescribe something for the cough to nip it in the bud?
    Venting here is also helpful, so vent away. I'm glad you're posting again, I have missed you!

Glassy, how's things on your side of the world?

Wildflower, you are sounding positive! 7 days is great and I am sure your feeling better too! Good for you. Stick with us and let us help! Sorry about the leg, I hope that all works out for you. Will you keep us posted?

Pauly, what did you do on your day off?

CJ and I wrote out the save the dates last night. A few more and I think that's done. Off to shop for bridesmaids dresses again today before Erin gets to "big". She felt the baby move this past week! It's becoming real and I can't even tell you how excited I am!!!!

Hello to everyone else, hope you're all doing ok. Have a great AF saturday

Comment

Hi Steppers. Off to the east coast for some therapy treatments. Will spend time visiting the old country, and seeing some good friends. Have a healthy and peaceful weekend!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Nora, glad you are feeling better, that must have scared you. Is there any way you can get temporary help? Someone just to do laundry and a cup of tea? You surely deserve some additional help.lease:

Liz, you are so excited and so was I. You are in for a really good year.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hi Nora. How are you feeling today, lovely? I hope you've had some sleep and things are looking a little brighter today.

Good luck with your therapy Techie. You know you have all our thoughts with you. xx

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
          Glassy, how's things on your side of the world?

CJ and I wrote out the save the dates last night. A few more and I think that's done. Off to shop for bridesmaids dresses again today before Erin gets to "big". She felt the baby move this past week! It's becoming real and I can't even tell you how excited I am!!!!
          Liz - the short answer is HOT. We're just having our second heatwave in as many weeks and the humidity is terrible. Looks like it's cooling down a little today though.

When is the wedding? Will Erin have had the baby by then?

Rusty I hope you enjoy your week in Connecticut.

The kids and grandbaby are coming for dinner tonight. She is getting so big! And very cute.
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

I love all my friends here. Thank you for all your love and support.
            Had words with my brother. Politics of course. We are complete opposites. I finally raised my voice and talked over him. I had told him 10 times that I didn't want to discuss it.
            I said that I am promoting Peace and love. That is who I am. I told him that I love him but we will never agree so there was no point in continuing to discuss it.
            We said goodbye and ended the call.
            I did text him and said that I felt bad we had words. And that I loved him. No response.

Had quite a crying jag for awhile. Sigh........
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sorry I'm ignoring everyone. I'll try to be on later
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, don't worry about anything right now except for getting better. Stress and worry will prolong your illness. Get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids.

As for discussing politics, my philosophy is, I don't discuss it. I have learned over the past 12 years that people have become overly emotional about it. We have people on both sides in my immediate family too. When we used to talk about anything political it just ended up getting heated. It's not worth it, no one is going to change my views and I am not interested in changing anyone else's - besides who I am to say who's right or wrong. I know lots of people on both sides politically and they are all good people. Just my 3 cents on the subject

I am going to bed soon, yep early but I am tired. Beautiful weather today and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Have a great night everyone and see you tomorrow. Go Pack Go!!
                AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Yes red, I agree with you. I won't discuss it either. My sister who is usually quiet on matters of politics has gotten vocal and passionate about it. I do not engage, I respect your opinion, please respect mine. It's just not worth the aggravation.

Nora I am sure your brother will come around. You've got enough on your plate right now. How's everyone doing at your house? :hug:

Glassy, I hope you enjoyed your dinner with the family! We had a pretty warm day here too and I love it! We are expected to get a lot of rain over the next few days.

Techie, I hope all goes well with your treatments, keep us posted. I'm sure it will be nice to catch up with old friends. That's one of my favorite things to do.

Skendall, thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Are things settling down now with you and your daughter? I am sure you are enjoying your granddaughter.

So Cjs wedding is September 24 and the baby is due June 20. We went to look for dresses for the bridesmaids today and found one that the girls all liked. They are so pretty. The girls ordered them in navy blue. It was such a fun day with the girls. I took them all out to lunch afterwards. This evening I went into the attic and found some of the kids baby stuff I had saved. Just like the crib sheets, bumper for the cradle and such. I got a little choked up, how could this now be for my grandchild? Where does the time go?
                  So I can feel a cold coming on, so I am off to bed.
                  Wishing you all a peaceful AF night.

Comment

:sad:Red, you are right. I tried and tried to stop the conversation. He wouldn't stop.
                    I didn't want to just hang up so I kept saying let's not talk about this. Then he got perturbed because I don't want to talk about anything with him. No way to win.
                    It's over and done with. I'm sure things will be fine in a couple of days.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Feel better, liz. Sept 24 is my dad's birthday. :love:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I have to turn on my computer tomorrow so be prepared for windy posts. You might want to take cover and run for the hills.:congratulatory:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I can't wait Nora!

Comment

What kinda "windy" posts you talking about Nora that we need to take cover and run?? You been eating chilli again now that you're feeling better?? lol It's great to have you back, wind and all!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Funny!

Nope - not feeling windy anymore

I need to go back & really read everyone's posts.
                              Quick notes:

Glassie - I hope you know how very much I adore you. :hug:

Liz - I am so excited about the baby & wedding

Pauly - are you getting any rain in Vegas?

Rusty - I hope that you were able to get some relaxation in this week. You work so hard all the time.

SK - anxious to hear how things are going for you

Cowboy - thank you for always trying to make motivated posts

WF - how are you doing? Sounds like you are getting it done.

Techie - safe travels. I hope that you can have some fun while you are having treatment

Nursie - you are really sounding strong and that is wonderful.

I want to give a big thanks & hugs to all my friends that have been keeping up with me here. My Army and the Daily and the Nest friends. Thanks for all the good wishes. It really meant a lot. I didn't feel like posting but I did come on here and feel the love. :love:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The depression has hit hard. I have not been doing a very good job of trying to fight it. So, I just forced myself to get out of bed. (Notice that it's noon) I was just laying in bed watching Netflix on my Kindle. Really able to isolate myself with my headphones and staring at the screen. :egad:

I haven't heard from brother except for on terse reply to me when I asked if he had heard from my cousin. I had written to him telling him that I felt bad we had words and that I loved him.
                                That is all I can do about that right now. I need to learn to stop beating myself up. Ok - the truth is that I am doing so much better in that regard. But, I have always been the one that feels responsible for things. Oh, that happened - must be my fault. Oh, you are angry with me - what did I do. I can not fix everything. But, as you all told me - put the mask on myself first. I need to take care of myself.

Ok - enough mumbo jumbo. I am now going to go look at my bills which is going to send me straight back to bed & netflix. :rotlf:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X