No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi actiongirl. Sorry you're feeling alone. Don't get down on yourself. A friend once told me on my journey - if you slip up, don't give up. Pick yourself and start again the next day. Just keep starting again. Not sure which time zone you're in. But there's a great place in Cape Town - Stepping Stones clinic.
    I'm starting day 2 today. Just want to make sure I keep busy between my weak hours of 4-6pm. I think I'll go to the gym! Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
      Poor Glassie. Still can't get the baby alone.osteroops:
      I know. I have everything in place. Sigh!
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by actiongirl46 View Post
        Hi. Here. NOT doing well, so sorry friends. I think i need to go to rehab. Any suggestions? I am feeling so alone.
        I'm so sorry AG - I missed your post before. I'm here if you want to talk.

Comment

Dropping by to say hello,
          I miss my steppers! I've been in the nest a lot but I don't check in here often enough!
          Nora, I am so sorry about the depression. I know what a very heavy weight it is.
          I haven't read back to see everyone yet but I hope you are all doing well.

Glassy I remember being a new mom and being afraid to leave my babe!

Action- (((hugs))) to you. Call your insurance company and get yourself into rehab if that's what you think you should do. That is a wonderful gift that you can give yourself!
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

AG,what's going on hon? I think you're taking naltrexone right? Talk to us we're here for you((hugs)) Nora,glad you're feeling better waves to all
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dang it lost a long post!!!! Quick check in for me as I need to get out and do my errands before the nor'easter comes blowing through!
              AG, sorry for what you are going through, I sent you a PM and I am here for you!!! Please let us help, we have all been there.
              Have a great Monday!

Comment

@ actiongirl46

I would see Doc first. How is your Bloodwork? Get this all tested. Vitamin B megadose works well for me along with a supply of valium if needed in first week but if you can detox at home, talk about it with doc which should always be first point of call rather than a forum so as not to place yourself in danger

. Eating well is great too and get rid of all alcohol in your house. I tried day 1 yesterday and decided to drink the last few beers today so I don't need the influence around me. I am becoming an expert quitter. I know the first few days will be tough but after doing this a few times and getting better at it, it can be done
                Last edited by Neo; January 23, 2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate the support so much. I have a lot of work to do.

Comment

This addiction is crazy. It just keeps getting worse and worse, and yet its all I can think about. I'm so sick of it.

My husband keeps buying wine and beer at Costco, even though I've told him not to do that. He says I'll just go out and buy it anyway (not always true) and he wants to save the $3. I think that is pretty messed up. I'm throwing it all in the nearest dumpster.

Comment

We all know the feeling ActionGirl. I'm sorry your husband isn't more supportive. How are you feeling today?

Comment

AG, I can't believe your husband keeps doing that. Does he want you to continue drinking?

It's hard without support (and downright sabotage) from within your own home, but you have to dig deep and figure out what will make the next quit stick. For me, once I decided I was done for good, it didn't matter how much alcohol was around me. I don't know how I finally got to that point (believe me, I tried for years to quit with no success). One day I just knew I was done with it all. All the years of trying everything (counseling, AA, meds, prayers, etc), and a huge embarrassing night and my brain just said enough.

Just keeping trying everything you can (and of course keep coming here). I truly hope it just clicks for you like it finally did with me. It still wasn't easy, but I honestly knew with every cell in my body I was done forever. That was almost 6 years ago now.
                        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Hi AG, Neo has excellent advice. What your husband said rang a big clanger of a bell for me. I insisted husband not bring any alcohol into the house despite his enjoying a moderate cocktail every evening and I extended that to his buddies. He respected that only to find me sneaking drinks again. I feel ashamed now when I think of doing that. Your quitting has to come from your heart and soul. It doesn't work if you are doing it for someone else.

Alcohol corrodes the strongest of marriages. Make the decision to quit and post daily, we are here holding your hand.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Some really great advice here today.

AG - grab hold tight. I know that everyone says it but it's true so I'm going to say it again. "IT IS SO WORTH IT".
                            But, it's not easy - I'm not going to lie. But, I had the same type of experience that Red did. I was definitely killing myself and just could not stop. But, somehow this time it worked. And I had a very good friend write to me and tell me that she could see that it was different for me this time. I didn't want to admit it but it was different. I had an awful experience with my hubby (when he found my bottle) and something clicked. And once I got a bit of time under my belt, I began to realize that I wasn't an awful person. And day by day, step by step, I started doing it - living it. The AF life.

Some thoughts/hints :
                            Daily Roll Call - I logged on each morning and put down my day (counting that day). That meant that I had already committed so I would have to wait until the next day to drink. Silly?? Absolutely - but that was the deal I had made in my head.

Stay close here. Log in often and post. Get comfortable and just blab. Even if you only have 1 minute, log on and connect. That is huge.

Find other positive sources. I found blogs that I enjoy. I get regular e-mails from a few places. It helps. It helps to be able to read how someone felt at a certain period of their sobriety.

Baby yourelf. I know you are busy & stressed. You don't have time to take care of yourself. Well - just like everyone was telling me this week: Put the mask on yourself first. I know what you are thinging.....your business, your home, etc. Well, how much good are you going to be to them if you are drunk or hungover. Give yourself a break.

Forgive yourelf.

And there you go. My strategies and I know that I'm going to be doing this for the rest of my life. Grab on tight, AG. We are here for you. :heartbeat:
                            Last edited by NoraC; January 23, 2017, 10:33 PM. Reason: Typos from using phone to post. ��
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AG, a lot of great advice here! You'll feel so much better, just a few days under your belt. It gets easier as time goes on. We've all been where you are. I am sorry your hubby isn't more supportive.:hug:

Comment

Thinking of you, AG. We are all here to support you. Sending you strength and light!
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X