• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually homemade soup sounds wonderful but I'm too lazy right now. :rotlf:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

You deserve to take it easy!...:thumbsup: Your far from lazy Nora!.... Mom's, daughter, wife, sibling, friend etc aren't lazy...

Still> want pizza... I may be a cheese addict. Next week. Have to go chop onion, carrots, celery. Rolls done... Tho, should omit them, glutton, calories. But, hey. I don't care. Want to dip in soup.

Yeah, figured out how to turn off little red notification button off. Simple is better
      Last edited by Wildflowers; January 1, 2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Yes - simple is better. I have really been trying to declutter and simplify - it really helps my mindset.

I just got the book 'My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry'. I loved 'A Man Called Ove' and this by the same author. So, guess what I'll be doing tonight.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Soup was a good idea! Had some leftover egg drop soup. Joes mom sent joe over with some homemade falafel. I did taste one, pretty good!.
          Nora, I didn't do much today either and that's ok. Got my grocery list ready and clipped coupons. Cuddling with Lucy now. Good for you on one calendar year! Yesterday at the engagement party the waiters came around and asked what we wanted to drink. It seemed like everyone went for the alcohol (just wine and beer). I had a diet coke. I'm not sure if the room was just that small and crowded, or if my sense of smell was super sensitive but the roomed reeked of alcohol! I was bothered by that somewhat. Not tempted mind you, more like turned off.
          Last edited by Lizann; January 1, 2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

That's great that you didn't feel tempted Liz. I totally get you about the smell. Don't know I snuck it for so long!

I love falafel. Maybe hubby & I can go out for a meal tomorrow since I don't have to work. On the other hand, I guess it will be homemade soup......I forgot my car was broken.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, my last job (since not checking here) B2B. I feel fortunate, cause quit over un-ethical business practices. It's a juggle with budget. Pray your car will be fixed tom... Been there. Go out with hubs anyway.. Plz,.... It will make you feel better, take pressure off you, you'll smile, hope.

I use to work in care giving to. Never was able to go back to school & become an RN. Your car will get fixed. Let them help you.. Everything will end up being OK. In the end.
              luv, luv.... Sorry if inerpret wrong.. Isn't nice to not care about spelling..

It will work out Nora...:heartbeat:

Oh & soup is about ready. Been frugal tons, wished I did more... Sorry rambling here. Still want pizza..

Then I feel like shame on me... So, many people, animals in need.. Find time to take care of you!..

Changed, mind on rolls, didn't turn out.. Replaced stove, last yr with convection cooking.. Even cookies don't bake right. You inspired me to use pita bread from pantry... Greek piizza, i say...xo
              Last edited by Wildflowers; January 1, 2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Happy Monday Liz,I swear if my hubs has 1 beer I can smell that crap from the other side of the room and its gag worthy! Good on you for sticking to diet coke I actually cut diet coke out so if I feel I need a "treat" I cheat and have a bottle, its a nice little trick,Nora,congrats on your full calendar year!! I'm pissed cuz I was taking down my calendar and realized that I haven't done as good as I thought on the drinking front2015 I drank 35 days of the year 2016 30 days,that's only a five day difference when I thought I was kicken ass! Oh well that's the past anyways, hope your soup was yummy Wildflowers, I'm a pizza,addict too,hubs said I need rehab haha,I wish Aihfl, would check in, miss him a lot,Rusty,hope you have a nice day,back to reality for most of us today,have a great day guys
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yes thankfully, back to reality. Pauly, I don't know why I was so sensitive to the al smell the other night. Maybe cause I still wasn't feeling well. I swear it was everywhere and strong. Sometimes a stomach virus can be a good thing?
                  Cool and rainy here today and I'm feeling some comfort food, maybe the crockpot today?
                  Nora, when will your car be fixed? Marks car is still under warranty and back at the dealer for repair to the sun roof. Thankfully they gave him a loaner. The holiday really slows the repair process down.
                  Have a great Monday guys! Pauly, no mondayitis today, I hope!

Comment

Pauly, thirty days is still better than 35! That's fantastic! You're doing this girl!

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

Welcome, Wildflowers!:happy2: Are you comfortable telling us in what part of the world you live? I am in Wisconsin.

Nora-I hope you get your car fixed soon!

Liz-so glad you are feeling better. Stomach flu....UGH...it's the worst feeling...I always am afraid I'm going to choke or die because I feel so awful when I get it. I seem to get it when I'm with clients' who tell me their children have the flu..I am ready to bolt out the door when they tell me that. Regarding the AL smell...oh I know since I quit drinking, my nose is SO sensitive to the AL smell...and especially the smell of stale beer and cigs on someone...like Pauly...I want to gag.

Pauly-you are doing great in the AF department...and you always reach out to help others when they are struggling.

Cowboy-I saw on another thread that your youngest daughter called and left you a sweet voice mail message. I am so happy for you!!!!!! I really DID pray for you that your relationship with your daughter would be mended, and it sounds like she is moving forward. What a way to start the New Year!

I am off today so I am continuing to de-clutter. I am packing up boxes of clothes, glassware, household stuff, etc. to take to Goodwill on Wednesday. I was beginning to feel like a hoarder. I like my house to be clean and organized and too much clutter makes me anxious. Big hellos to Nursie, Red67, Techie, Mr. V. Mr. G-String, AG, TMH, Aihfl (if you are lurking) and other friends I have missed, Happy Monday!!!

Comment

Howdy all - I live about 45 minutes from Pasadena and didn't even realize that the parade didn't happen yesterday. :hmms:

Wildflowers - you are so right. Life is short so enjoy every minute. We didn't go out to lunch but we are having a nice day hanging out. So, I'll take that.

Rusty - I am with you on the stomach flu. It seems like all I have to do is look at someone & I get the stomach flu. Enjoy decluttering. I never realized that it made me so anxious to have clutter around. I have a ton more to go thru but at least I feel like I'm making progress.

Liz - are you all recovered now? Horrible way to lose weight.

Pauly - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Only drinking 30 days last year is FANTASTIC!! And 2017 is going to be amazing. :love: I really like your Diet Coke idea. I need to work on my mind set.

:checkin: everyone - I'll be back
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey Nora-my days are all goofed up, too! We are used to seeing the Rose Bowl Parade on JANUARY 1st, NOT the 2nd! I did watch the Parade today. My Mom and I used to love watching it together.:happy2:

Comment

Yes Nora, I am all recovered! The scale is inching upward again.

Rusty, like you, I seem to be very susceptible to the stomach virus. Not so much colds! Odd, isn't it?
                            I mentioned to hubby we need to declutter and he agreed. I'll believe it when I see it. He just yes s me all the time and it never gets done. If I do it on my own it's no good either. Whoa is me.

Went grocery shopping and bought diapers cause they were on sale and I had a coupon:welldone: CJ was away for the weekend and bought baby W an outfit. So cute!

Back to work tomorrow with Ann, first time in about a month, I do believe. About time too. Year end stats on the agenda
                            Have a good night guys!
                            Last edited by Lizann; January 2, 2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm checking in and reading around. Wish i had a tablet, checking in on the phone makes it hard to respond to everyone.

Comment

jkm - oh I get it with the hard to respond on the phone. Pauly is an expert but I'm no good. Just keep reading & try to post at least a few lines here or somewhere everyday - a regular spot.. It helps to keep you connected.

Wildflowers - our pizza came out so good. It was a Boboli crust, not homemade but delicious.

Liz - that is so cute buying diapers. Oh how fun this is going to be.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X