• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Madon!! Stick with us...we are a great bunch here!:heartbeat:

Nora-how are you feeling, sweetie?

Pauly-we miss you!!

Comment

Howdy. I'm home. Still running temp, etc but no sign of heart failure. Doctor thinks it is a virus I've had for awhile. Will probably repeat ekg in a month.
      Hubby probably has a touch of pneumonia so he is on a new antibiotic.
      Mom is not with it today. Confused day. Luckily she didn't even notice I've been gone. That is sad but I'm grateful she wasn't upset.

Sorry it has all been about ME lately. Thank you for all the love. :heartbeat:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm so glad you're home and it was nothing too serious Nora. I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Hi Madon - nice to meet you!

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
        Glassie, no baby clothes yet, but I buy diapers when I have a coupon and they are on sale. How is your granddaughter? I'm sure she is sweet as ever. I cannot wait!
        Liz you're already a better Grandma than me. I didn't buy anything practical, just oodles of cute things. :blushing: :baby:

Rusty I meant to tell you I think The Naked Mind is one of the best books about alcohol addiction I've read. I actually recommended it somewhere, I think it was earlier in this thread.
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi Nora,

Welcome home! So glad you don't have heart failure! Are you on antibiotics for the virus? So sorry hubs has pneumonia. WOW! When it rains, it pours, right?

Very sad that your mom didn't recognize you were gone, but I totally understand how it could be a relief at the same time.

Liz-you sound so positive! Great to see!

Cowboy-have you spoken to your daughter since Christmas?

Hey, does anyone know what happened to aihfl..if he is still sober, etc? I miss his posts.

Comment

Nora, so happy you are home! Sorry about the virus. That's a long time to have a fever. I guess that could mess with your EKG results. Like rusty said, sad mom isn't with it, but best she didn't miss you. You're really dealing with so much right now. I really do hope you get some much needed rest!

Glassie, I'm sure you're the best grandmom ever!! There will be plenty of time to buy cute things for baby W. I have bought my daughter maternity clothes and I am enjoying the ride!

Rusty, I hope you had a good week off! I went shopping today and bought a new lipstick color, light pink. I thought of you for some reason. Anyway, it made me happy! it's the little things I suppose.

Wishing you all a peaceful AF night!

Comment

Great to have you back Nora, here and at home!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm just happy you're OK Nora,wishing hubs a speedy recovery too
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mom has thought it was Christmas for two days. Been a long night. :victorious:
                  She is laying here with me singing and so excited for everyone to wake up. She thinks we have a ton of family here.
                  But, what a great frame of mind to be in!!!!
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good news Nora!.. Thankful for answered prayers!... I had that test done a few years back. They injected me first with andrenaline type drug. Thought I was going to pass out. Pray your hubs will heal quickly!... Happy you have support at home!.. Yes, what a great frame of mind for your Dear Sweet Mom to be in!.. :heartbeat:

My Mom loved Christmas!.. In her honour I set up her little fiber optic x-mas tree on her b-day in July. I miss her everyday!... I know shes watching over us!.. :smile:

Seven days AF. I will hold on to dear life!.. I may have to go in & have an MRI on my ankle. Have hardware in fibula at joint from years ago. Think I broke it or tore tendons. Yep, I was drinking, fell in ice ~ snow. Hope, I'll be able to still go hiking one day. I love the great outdoors. It's my place of peace!...

Hope everyone has a good day!.. Thank you for your offerings of support!.. It helps!... :hug:

Comment

Sitting at the Dr's office waiting for hubby. We have POURING rain. Wonderful. I hate driving in it but this rain was so needed.

WF- 7 days is fantastic. Hang on tight :hug:
                      Last edited by NoraC; January 20, 2017, 03:44 PM.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Congrats on 7 days Wildflowers
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations, Wildflowers!:yay:

PAULY-:happy2:Hey, what are you doing on your day off? I got my hair cut and highlighted yesterday...beauty is expensive but SO worth it!! Haha!

Nora-how are you feeling?

Hi Glassie!!!! I love it when you stop in.

More paperwork for me today, worked out, and now cleaning before I meet my family in the city for dinner to celebrate my sister's 61st birthday. :-) We are a loud bunch when we get together because there are 10 of us.

Red-GoPackGo! What are you making for dinner...you can always PM me if you need helping eating all that good food! LOL

Off to grocery shop. Ho hum.

Off to Connecticut on Monday and I will be gone all week. It will be nice to get back to work...I am getting antsy.

Back Later!

Comment

I meant to get on here and really connect today. Obviously didn't happen.
                            I am at the end of my rope. Too much sickness for too long. Now mom has started coughing deep in her chest.
                            Son and DIL have been fighting all day. (Or not talking)
                            Hubby has been in bed all day sick and I've just been trying to feel better.
                            I feel crappy enough without the added stress.

I do not like being negative but this has been a really hard couple of weeks.:sad:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm so sorry Nora. I'm sending you lots of hugs and prayers. You really Do have a lot on your plate, you poor love. Try and be kind to yourself. Don't forget you can't help anyone else unless you put the mask on yourself first!

:heartbeat: :hug: :heartbeat:
                              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Tie a knot in that rope and hang on Nora, you know things will get better.. :hug:
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X