Clear All

Where's Pauly??

Comment

AG - really happy for you. :heartbeat:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey Steppers!
        Stopping in for a hello. I'm coming up on 90 days. I can hardly believe it!
        I'm still struggling with depression and anxiety. Mostly depression. I don't want to post too much about that in the newbies nest.
        The underlying issues don't just go away after we stop drinking at them. Now comes the time to do the work of healing from all that. Healing is not easy work either!

Anyway, I'm getting ready for work. I have GOT to make a better morning routine so that I am not rushing at the last minute. I really have to wake up earlier and do some journaling, reading, and visiting here. I'm going to work on that.
        I hate rushing around every morning but every morning I fight to get out of bed.
        Have a good day everyone!
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey all,AG,congratulations! Nursie,I'm sorry you're feeling anxious and depressed,I get that too but it usually passes and comes back kinda like clouds in a way if I had to describe it, nearly 90 days should make you happy though your post in the nest the other day about drinking between chemo and being sick,bald and drunk made me wanted to hug you,just sounded awful, I'm glad you're healthy and cancer free now,I know we'll be saying that to Techie soon too Nora,did you get your paperwork sorted? I have that and about a million pictures I need to frame or put in albums,sometimes I just hate digging through them cuz I see the drunken ones and just feel yucky got to get on it though cuz they're everywhere! Liz,Rusty hoping everyone has an un-Manic Monday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all.

Glad to see the happy news. :thumbsup: AG got moaned and Nursie is hitting 90. Yahoo!!

Nursie, you are so right to be working on. The depression, etc. It helps.

Made my reservation to go up to Oregon to start clearing out mom's house. Very deep feelings coming up. Going to be sad to let go of so many 'things' because they remind me of home. :love:
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Day 8 check-in here. I'm trying to follow Nora's checklist EVERYDAY. I am so grateful I don't feel like I did last Monday morning. Oh wait, I wasn't even able to get out of bed and face myself until afternoon. UGH.

Nursie, so sorry about the blues. Where I live we are in the middle of winter and it is very grey, not a lot of sun in these parts. I hope you can figure it out, it is so complicated and difficult. That depressed mood feeling sucks and you deserve so much better.

Pauly, your posts always crack me up. Here's to an un-manic Monday, I like that. I have noticed my mind calming a bit.

Nora, wow, I haven't had to deal with any of that stuff yet. You have a lot going on.

I'll see you guys for my SOBER evening check-in. Have a good day - AG

Comment

I tried to change my profile picture to something sunny for us, especially Nursie. But its upside down! Ha ha ha. Oh well, I need to get back to work so I'll deal with it later!

Comment

AG - you sound great. Good job on picking your tools and doing them daily. Plus, you are using gratitude. So grateful to wake up unhung this Monday morning.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AG glad your Monday is so much better this week. You've made a plan and sticking to it, you go girl! My pictures always go sideways too. Must be something I'm missing.

Pauly, that's the thing with letting the pictures pile up, it just gets to be over whelming. I have done that with my photos too, drunk, not drunk, sigh. . .

Nora, I am so sad for you. That is an incredibly difficult thing to have to do. Treasure those good memories. How about just take pictures of the special things you have to get rid of. It's kinda like holding on to the memories. Just a thought.

Nursie, I don't venture onto other threads too much, but I may go back and read about your chemo/drinking. You are one strong lady!

Rusty, it's Erin's baby shower that I'm conflicted about. CJ s bridal shower will be given by her bridesmaids (and me too of course). I know it's hard to keep tract of all these parties.

Busy day for me, took Mark to the airport and then ran a ton of errands, one of which was taking Lucy to the vet, which is exhausting!

Wishing you all a peaceful AF night!

Comment

When my avatar pic tries to go sideways I hafta take the pic with the phone turned,maybe that's why its so little
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Rusty - we had an auditor in before that we could not work with. Just wanted us to do it his way without worrying about how it fits in with our business. Busy work instead of useful information.

Liz - sounds like a hectic day for you. The vet is hard.

It has really been nice having some discussion here about tools, etc. I know one of my problems is that I pull away & turn inside myself when I start to get depressed. So, I'm making an effort to check in during the day. I'm doing ok but it's stressful around here. So, I am trying to stay proactive. And thanks to AG, I started thinking about my tools and making sure I use them.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good for you Nora!! Remind me, do you work full-time out of the home as well??

I have been compiling the list of tools that came from the Steppers and the Nest last week . . . There is no real order. Here goes:
                          Post in Roll Call
                          Find other positive sources (blogs, phone a friend)
                          Baby yourself
                          Forgive yourself
                          Keep an ongoing document on your computer that is your electronic journal
                          Eat good food
                          Get all AL out of the house
                          Have healthy snacks ready to go around your trigger time
                          Focus
                          Push AL thoughts out OR play them out in your head OR both
                          Hold on tight!

I'm checking in tonight, another day is done. I am busy during the witching hour this week so we will see if that is helpful.

I do feel pretty good but then I'll have a brief panic, my brain says its only Day 8!! That's nothing! How can I keep doing this? But, I know I can do it tomorrow. One Day At A Time.

Tomorrow, I'm just going to keep my head down and power through the list, rinse and repeat (thanks to Byrdie).

Onward!!

Comment

AG - I know exactly what you mean about the sudden panic. You have got the right attitude, just one day at a time.
                            I love all your tools you have in place. :yay:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I think you have a great plan, AG. Fill yourself with gratitude, and ask for all the wonderful things you deserve . Well done. xoxo
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi all
                                Sorry I’m a bit self-absorbed atm. I’m trying to pack for a trip tomorrow (to our national capital Canberra – it’s like Washington, but without ... [Shhh - no politics]) and it’s doing my head in. I’m only going for 4 days but I have so many things to do there (from casual sightseeing with the DIL, to business meetings at the national institute of sport and a parade and black tie dinner at the national military academy) that I’m at the stage where I’m basically just going through my wardrobe, throwing everything I like in my suitcase and just hoping for the best when I get there.

Does anyone else have this problem or are you all super organized when you’re packing for a trip?
                                Last edited by Glass Half Empty; January 31, 2017, 05:07 AM.
                                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X