Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you do it in the Bedroom !!

a
    I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
    I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Hiding the bottles... oh the memories...
    I used to live with another single mom and tho she knew I drank I didn't want her to know how much so I hid bottles everywhere. And, most shamefully, I would throw them in the garbage instead of puttingt them in the recycling - and at the time I was the recycling coordinator for my company, served on a recycling comittee for our county, and was a visible community environmental activist!
    Hugs,
    imatree

Comment

Been there done that, got the T.shirt. You are certainly not alone.You should be
      proud of yourself, you are facing up to your demons, it takes courage.
      Love Paula

Comment

Yep, I must admit it does take away a bit of the "mood" when you're being romantic.. and the cans & bottles under the bed start clanking!
        (BUSTED!)
        That's happened to me too! Not any fun at all!

The bedroom was always my "dark place" to go hide from the world when I was feeling depressed & mad @ myself... self loathing abounds if I spend too much time there...alone.:sulk: :flush: :hitme:
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

haha, my place was the bathroom (only room in the house with a lock on it). You'd be surprised all the good hiding places in there.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I'll bet I could add a few new ones to your list Beatle!
            Ever use the pump hair spray bottle for white wine or vodka?(after it's been rinsed of course )

Or inside the back of the toilet tank.. keeps the bottle & cans cool too!

Behind the cleaning supplies... everyone knows that one...

Inside the tampon or pad boxes...(especially if ya get the big ones from Costco, etc...)

In the hamper, in a bag, under the laundry...

Hopefully,... that's all in the past! I haven't hid any in a VERY LONG time!

Way back behind the stack of towels.. nobody ever takes one from the bottom of the stack...

Comment

Hey Diamond. . . My place is my office. . . I can always work (drink) without being bothered. . . Usually, no one bothers my stuff in there, but last week my husband decided to take out the trash. The trash consisted of an outdoor trash can sized bag full of empty wine boxes (not enough for me in those bottles).

You're definitely not alone.

Comment

Thank goodness for that then!!

thanks everybody *****
                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

I've used about half of the places on Jude's list. But the others sound really great - I expecially like the back of the toilet one :H I had never even thought about that one! Too bad my drinking days are over - I could have used a few new spots since my husband and kids had found out all my old ones (except for inside the empty garbage can in the garage - I can still use that if I ever need to - but hopefully I won't).
                  Let's see - I think my favorite was inside my gym bag - that way I could move it around from room to room easily or lock it in the trunk of my car when I felt like people were getting nosy. The problem was I would keep forgetting where I had put it - then I would REALLY panic.:shocked:
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Jude-I thought I was the only one with the empty spray bottles. I also filled empty vitamin bottles (or contact lens solution bottles) that I'd leave in my "pill shelf" in the kitchen for a pick me up. I've done all of yours Jude except the toilet-my luck someone would flood it or I'd drop the lid-explain that one.
                    The towels-ugh-about 1 month after I quit everyone was upstairs (son & hubby in his room & daughter getting ready for bath). I'm getting a towel for her when I yank on it from the hall linen closet & BANG...rattle, roll...out rolls out an empty jug of wine down the hall. I quickly grab it-run into the bedroom & throw it under the bed. No one knew & I was mortified that I didn't remember putting it there.

I remember drinking after everyone went to bed. During my binges hubby stayed away from me-which was fine because more time alone with my other love. I remember walking up early one morning hugging my bottle of vodka. Idiot. Passed out before I hid it. Thank goodness hubby was watching a game on TV & decided to sleep on the couch.

My big hiding spot was in pockets of blazers/jackets in my closet. Stuck the bottle of V right in the pocket towards the wall. You always knew where my hiding pots were because I had a glass of water near by for a quick shot chaser.

Yup as the disease progresses and you are "found out" you have to get creative with your hiding. The horrible part of all this was that it was fun hiding the booze & not being found out. Like a deceitful little child. But the horror of getting found out. Ooh doggie-made me mad, sad, pit in my stomach & more determined to not get found out the next time.

Too much wasted energy. If I only used that energy to achieve world peace.
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Yep. Ain't that the truth... SO much wasted energy! Pretty amazing the lengths we'll go!

I used to hide 12 packs along the river in little side streams... just like a little shady, built in cooler, right on the river! My own little "paddle-up bar"!

Comment

Judie,
                        I remember that old thread..... wasnt it called "hiding places?" or something like that? That was the first week I joined. It is really sad, but I have to admit, there were some darn funny things on that thread. I remember you saying about the pump hair spray bottle, and after all, wasnt that great for the travelling woman on the go? The cat box one was the funniest I think. Talk about going to great lengths! Its great to not have to hide anymore and have peace about your evenings and not worry about what will sprout up in the Spring along the river banks when the snow has melted!
                        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Morning-this was the last thing I posted to last night & guess what?
                          Had a dream about hiding booze last night. Oh those dreams-I mostly get the ones about hiding my booze (shows you how obsesed I was) and trying to get that precious sip before I'm founded out but in those dreams there is someone who prevents me from getting to my stash. Oh the frustration & energy in those dreams!
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

When I first read the subject line..this was not what went through my mind. Hah!

But, I would hide it in my closet. He never went in there and I hid it with with my purses and shoes. Something he has absolutely no interest in and he's too afraid to touch my bags because they costs so much.

Comment

hey whats wrong with the tool shed !!!!!! or the computer room!!!!!!!!!!!. My recycling use to sound like I owned a resturant or something the amount of "shatter,crunch" you all know the sound. The bedroom is best left for the other issues " oh how i am envious of you all" !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Kimbo
                              Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Working...
                              X