Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

36 days drink free.

36 days drink free.

Today is 36 days without a drink. Just wanted to tell the world and a big thanku to the late Alan Carr for his method and book The Easy way to control Alcohol.

I managed Christmas and new year with out any problems at all. A few people were surprised I wasn’t drinking alcohol but it soon passed and I was able to have lots of water and keep a clear head.

I recommend Alan Carr’s Easy way book and one of the main advantages is that you can keep drinking alcohol while you do the process. (not drink as you read the book but drink in your normal way until you get to the end of the book and follow the instructions).

There is also a last drink you must have using a vile neat spirit that tastes of pure awfulness. I had this 36 days ago but my last normal drinking session was 38 days ago.

Good luck all

Well done, Scot, and Happy New Year.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Congrats Kevin! Keep it going man.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Not drinking us a great gift to yourself. Congrats!
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

congrats Kev...well done mate
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Great job, congrats!

Comment

Awesome job on 36 days Skotskev
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations. Keep moving forward. No looking back, Scot!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

AWESOME JOB!!! I have been reading (and READING) a blog and the gal there also HIGHLY recommends reading one of Alan Carr's books (not sure if it's the one you mentioned - I don't have my notes with me...) but I am totally going to order it tonight! Oh, and thanks for spelling his name - I wasn't sure if it was Karr or Carr...HA! )

And, we are close to being twins - I am on my day 38 with my first sober day being November 28, 2016 (wow - last YEAR...HA!).

Congrats again - keep up the good work!

Comment

Well done Scot, how you doing today ?

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Congrats on the 36 days of sobriety. Things just get better as we go along. Well done!!
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Sadly I have started drinking again but haven’t gone binging. It was 7 weeks but me and girlfriend just got slightly bored on Saturday night and ended up touring a small amount of pubs and drank 3 weak beer slowly. Wasn’t much at all but it’s the fact that we decided to start. We may quit in the near future but finding it difficult to keep the alan carr method going for ever. Sorry to report

Comment

Well scotskev its not the end of the world & you had got the courage to come back to us here and admit & say it, You could have just snuck away....Anyway what your plans now ? Do you still want to stop ? The sober time that you clocked up stands to you & don't just brush it away as if it means nothing, As it means you have got it within you to stop, you just need that extra push up the big alcohol hill.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

thanks. Right now we are going to plan to stop for a another period perhaps in April and do another few weeks. It may turn out to be permanent but it doesn’t seem like we’ll not slip out of it. My girl friend never drank much anyway apart from the occasional new year or work night out (2 or 3 drinks is enough to change her to near drunk state and 4 or 5 is a bit like me having 8 -9) so we may continue at a low level. Still managed to get the benefits of 7 weeks. There is a lot in the news that a month sober does wonders for your liver and body and I got close to double that (48 days). Added bonus was the money saved but that is 2nd consideration to health.

Comment

Scotskev, it takes strength and commitment to quit for good, maybe you aren't there yet. I found Allan Carr's book helpful, but no one thing is usually enough to enable one to quit. The tool box here under monthly abstinence has many great strategies. I wish you well. I was often able to drink reasonable quantities of wine, but then I would drink too much, again. And again. And again. Life is so much better now, I am free to do as I choose.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                              X