Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hip Sobriety Project - 8 week class (I JUST signed up!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hip Sobriety Project - 8 week class (I JUST signed up!!!)

Ok all - I believe it was Lost Soul who introduced me to Hip Sobriety / Holly Whitaker (and if not, SORRY to whoever it was that I'm not giving you props here!!!). Anyway, I have been DIGGING on that site (obsessing is really more like it...) and last night she had a one hour class on "quitting drinking when you think you can't" (which, since I am 37 days SOBER now, I obviously think I "can", at least for now). Anyway, the class was really REALLY great and in it she gave out a free workbook and all of the 60 slides from the one hour class but she also offered a $50 discount for her upcoming 8 week course, which I decided just now to invest in. It is NOT just for people trying to quit, it is for anyone along this journey who is looking for a holistic approach to change everything about the way you think about drinking, sobriety, etc. Yeah, it's not cheap but neither was my damn alcohol addiction! It should be noted that I'm not having a "problem" with not drinking, but I'm dabbling in the being pissed off about "living the rest of my life without alcohol" phase and want to completely change the way I view the whole damn thing. Anyway, if anyone else is interested, just look up "The Hip Sobriety Project" and that will take you to her page about the whole thing (and possibly link you to the one hour class I took last night? NOt sure...). And, if any of you DO sign up for it (again, not cheap...) please let me know either here, or by a PM so I will know I "know" someone else in the classes! I am looking forward to all of the tricks in her arsenal to really change the way I think about being AF and what a JOY it (and my life) are going to be.

Hi So Cali,
    Thank you for posting this, it wasn't myself who pointed it out, but think no two methods of becoming AF are the same for each individual, so any useful method is worth trying :happy2:
    Congratulations on your 37 days of sobriety - that's a fantastic achievement!
    I wish you all the success on your journey x
    LS
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wildflower.
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Working...
    X