No announcement yet.

This is my problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today still feeling a bit under the weather. But better. Thanks all for checking in!

Comment

And the Vitamin D thing is interesting. About a month and a half ago my doctor tested my Vitamin D bc my depression always gets worse this time of year...dark and cold...and it was very low. I have been forgetting to take it on a regular basis but will try to remember now. Thanks Mary Lou!

Comment

Hi there, glad to see you are still sober, well done!:goodjob: I might try some Vit D, I always feel sad in winter!
        One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Make sure you take enough. The usual dose advised is only 1000iu but if you have had low reading take 5000iu or even 10 000 iu for a few weeks then cut back to 5000iu and have your levels checked from time to time.

I cured a lifetime of insomnia with Vit D3.

Research has shown that the sleep centre in the brain requires D3 to function properly. No wonder modern living where we work indoors messes up our sleep.
          Last edited by kuya; January 6, 2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Yep - I agree totally with Kuya. I take 5,000iu nightly (5 drops under the tongue.). LUK how it works for you.
            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Is Vit D proven to work better if taken at night or is it all about just getting your levels up in general and that is what matters. When I remember to take it, it has been in the morning. And I have the gel caps. Never seen drops. Are those absorbed better? Yea my doc said to make sure to get the D3

Comment

Hi,
                How's things going dove? I agree with the Vitamin D! In my neck of the woods, when I had my daughter 5 years ago, I was recommended by my health visitor to give her Vit D supplements as N.Ireland has default gloomy grey weather, for a large majority of the year! Aside from this I suffer with sleep disturbance at this time of year, I cannot easily fall asleep at night & at the same time could sleep more during the day as always seem tired. I use a 'light box' & it helps :happy2:
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wildflower.
                Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Doing ok. Having a hard time envisioning my life without alcohol. I have a light box but can't bring myself to get out of bed early enough to use it!

Comment

Working...
                  X