Express your Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Express your Gratitude

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the fact is follow through. I did what I showed in drawings. Grateful I can do that.

Grateful for Air Conditioning as of 9am it was 27C (80F), feels like 33C with humidex (92).

Grateful I get my new pup in about 3 weeks

Glad I bought band aids yesterday. I just wrecked my finger with a drill by missing the mark.
    Last edited by empyr3al; June 12, 2017, 10:21 AM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

That is this put into action.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Grateful my Beetle had a good annual check today - nothing more than oil, filter and tire rotation. First one out of warranty and actually affordable. I love my little German car.
        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Grateful for a super, sober summer day!

Grateful for the beautiful hay weather. All three of our hayfields are mowed, raked and baled!
          Last edited by dill; June 12, 2017, 09:40 PM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Tonight I'm grateful for my favourite chair, a welcome relief after a long tiring day of pick-axing and shovelling plumbing drain pipe trenches...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Its midnight here and I'm grateful for my dog and air conditioning. Grateful for high speed internet and crazy computer/cell tech. Grateful my mother is still alive, Some scares. They wiil liive to 90 unless something goes wrong. I love you. Such a powerful thing to say I love you.
              Last edited by empyr3al; June 12, 2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                Tonight I'm grateful for my favourite chair, a welcome relief after a long tiring day of pick-axing and shovelling plumbing drain pipe trenches...
                Rent a ditch wiitch. So much simpler. Run gas, electrical, pool pipes. Not exactly sure what you were doing but the ditch witch is the way to go.

Comment

After a run of minor disasters, I need to change my thought patterns.
                  Today I am grateful they can fix my car after I distractedly filled it with gas instead of diesel.
                  Today I am grateful to still laugh with my mother even though dementia has taken hold.
                  Today I am grateful I know of a plumber to fix the leak in upstairs shower (dripping into kitchen) :egad:

Today I'm grateful I have you lot to share my woes - then FORGET THEM !!!

Comment

Today I am grateful for being able to have a real hug with my step daughter for over a minute and tell her "I miss you". Kind of sucks that I get to see my ex wife with her new boyfriend though and give back my dog.

I am grateful I get to go to DBT class today. Hoping it will do me well.

The three most powerful words. "I love you". I could not say them out loud because the new BF was there but I used my lips to say it and she damn well knows. Hard but I will get through it.
                    Last edited by empyr3al; June 13, 2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I'm grateful for perseverance.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Unfortunately [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] there's no way to get a ditch witch into the basement, and even if there was, it wouldn't dig a wide enough trench unless it had a backhoe attachment. As it was, even the pick had a hard time breaking ground....

But, I am grateful that even at my age I'm in good enough shape to still get the job done!

IMG_5468.jpg

IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg
                        Last edited by abcowboy; June 13, 2017, 06:34 PM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Oh its a basement. Totally different story. Sorry then for my advice. Looks like one hell of a job down there.

Comment

^5 for knowing how to add photos

Comment

I'm not that old of a dog that I can't learn a few more tricks [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] lol! Thanks for thinking of me anyway!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; June 13, 2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I am thankful that in spite of our woes, we have the fortitude to bring humor into our situations. Way to go, us! <3
                                "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                                “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X