Express your Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Express your Gratitude

Tonight I'm grateful for antibiotics - maybe tomorrow's dental visit won't be too bad.
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Good luck at the dentist, [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION]!
      I'm very thankful that I was able to spend time alone with my oldest daughter, Becky. We shopped a little at IKEA, ate sushi for lunch, went to the Goodwill and just hung out and talked. I love being with the kids, and I truly cherish the one-on-one time with each.
      "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
      “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I'm grateful for youtube and all the recovery videos there. I came across one today by Fr. Joseph C. Martin (1924-2008) where he described his own story of addiction and recovery from alcohol. He became very active in the recovery field. I had never heard of him but apparently he was well known for his "Chalk Talks". The following link is not one of his Chalk Talks, nor is it even actually a video. It is an audio recording of one of his talks.

YouTube
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Grateful that even though my dentist felt this tooth issue was beyond his level, he referred me to a local endodontis who got me in today. Thank you [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] - these procedures have progressed so much since the first one I had many years ago. What used to take 2 hours, took 45 minutes today. Grateful for that too!
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - thanks also for the info/link re Fr. Joseph Martin. I will definitely check that out.
          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Grateful for our community here, and the healthy nurturing interaction that we have. Grateful to be kicking off 8 days of sobriety this morning, and grateful for antabuse which whilst it's early days yet, may just turn out to be a really useful sobriety tool to get me back on track.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Grateful for a new neighbor and friend. We both enjoy gardening, she wants to plant some gardens at her new home, and I have plenty of plants to share.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Tonight I'm grateful for the quiet times Bubba, Hank, and I can enjoy while sitting on the deck...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] I’m glad to hear everything went well! It’s always such a relief when it’s over!
                  I’m grateful for our little community too, [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]! I’m not all that active here, but I don’t know what I’d do without it. Congrats on your eight days! I’m right behind you with four!
                  Sharing plants with other garden loving neighbors is the best, [MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION]. My neighbor said they can’t keep up with the strawberries I gave them last year, and this year they gave me raspberry bushes. Can’t wait ‘til they bear fruit. Good stuff!
                  You can’t beat deck time on a beautiful evening with good company, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].
                  I’m grateful for a clear head tonight.
                  “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Today I am grateful for our deck and all the tall shade trees in our yard! Grateful to be af and able to enjoy it all.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I am very thankful that I am alive in this day and age of knowledge and technology from a health/quality-of-life perspective.

Comment

Today I'm grateful for mom.
                        Mary Lou

Comment

I'm grateful that the storm last night (very high winds, thunder, lightning, rain) didn't do much damage. Power was out for 6 hours and had a 110lb brown critter in bed with us cause he's scared of thunder, but the tress in the neighbourhood are still standing...
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, I am again grateful to be coasting into the evening af! I'm grateful for public libraries with their DVD collections, and being able to go back and binge watch old tv series that I missed along the way. I'm currently in season 5 of The Sopranos.
                            Dill

Comment

Another beautiful day, and I'm grateful.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Tonight I'm grateful that I have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, such as the weather.... I have no control over it so why let it get to me. Accept it for what it is and work within the confines it places on me...

Comment

Working...
                                X